Wolfenray's Questions about Modifying

wolfenray

Chieftain
I started this thread so that I can get help from the community about a vanilla mod that I am developing. I am doing it without Modbuddy for now, as I really like to get inside and do things nitty gritty.

So here is my first question. I am almost done with the Stone age era (my mod starts pre agriculture), and I am liking the results very much. However, in the tech tree some resources are only show on the map after a certain technology is discovered (i.e. Horses), and some are not (i.e. Cows). How do I go about making cows, sheep, incense etc. reveal themselves upon discovery of a tech? I looked all round the xml files for this, but can not seem to find the appropriate scripts.

Thanks.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your responses. It was right in front of my face, I just needed someone to point it out to me. Anyways, you made my day and put the icing on the cake.

Now I can start working on my Classical era experience of the mod. It is good to see the support I can expect here! Hopefully, it will be rewarded with a really good mod when I am finished. I really want it to be as good as possible when I submit it.

Will ask more in the future, when I get stuck.

I got a question. When my Barbarian Camp spawns a boat, then if I attack the unit in the camp I CTD. However, without spawning a boat, I can attack the camp no problem. Where would I look to rectify such an anomaly? Besides eliminating barbarians from the gameplay, that is?

The boat is in the Barb Camp? How? Assuming you're spawning the barb boat manually, you need to use pUnit:JumpToNearestValidPlot() (or whatever the exact name of the method is) to get the boat off of land and into the water.

I misspoke. When my barbarian camp spawns a boat, it does directly into the water. However, when I attack the army unit in the camp that the boat spawned from, CTD. If there is no boat spawned from that camp, then I can attack it freely, without CTD. The boat is not in the camp itself, it is whether or not the camp has spawned one or not that makes the difference.

I actually got new parameters to this glitch. It seems that it only CTD when my land unit attacks the barbarian land unit in their fort, if both land units are adjacent to a barbarian sea unit that was spawned from said camp. The only modifications I did to the barbarians where their art design XML's to make them smaller with more members per unit. I do use the barbarian galley as a buildable unit for civilizations, so do you want these XML's? This is the only modifications I made.

Top Bottom