Wolf's Civ III

My first mod. I've spent about four months perfecting this thing, and ironically its not perfect but it is a fun game. I hope you all enjoy it.

This mod includes...

• Two new civs (The Cherokee and the Mapuche, replacing the Dutch and Portuguese)
  • Six new governments.
  • A totally reworked industrial age as well as a new, slightly future-istic, modern age.
  • Forty new units.
  • New Great and Small wonders.
  • New city improvements.
  • Better terrain graphics.
  • Other, surprise, goodies.

Some pics.

Ancient Age.

Middle Ages.

Industrial Age.

Modern Age.

New Units.

Governments.

Some in-game pics.

Aztec Jaguar Warriors storm towards the Mayan capital

Chinese warriors ride out to stop the invading Mongol army

The Final Stand of Constantinople

America after nuclear fall-out

To download the mod click this link
http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%203/Mods/Wolf/Wolf's%20Civ%20III.zip

ATTENTION: In order to play Wolf's Civ III you must also download the patch. Find it here:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%203/Mods/Wolf/WC3_Patch.zip

To install Wolf's Civ III...
~(NOTE: You must have Civilization III: Conquests Edition in order to play Wolf'S Civ III)~

1) Download Wolf's Civ III
2) Save the folder to the following location:
C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Scenarios
3) Unzip the folder.
4) Move the .big file (Wolf's Civ III.biq) into the Scenarios folder if it's not already there.

To play Wolf's Civ III...
1) Install Wolf's Civ III
2) Open the Civilization III Conquests program.
3) Select "Civ-Content"
4) Select "Wolf's Civ III"

A legal note

• Please be aware this is a third party conversion pack.
  • It is NOT an official Civilization 3 patch or product.
  • The author is not responsible for any damage or loss of data caused by installation.
  • This file is provided as freeware and should not be for sale.

All kinds of comments are welcome and very much appreciated.

Patch:

http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization%203/Mods/Wolf/WC3_Patch.zip

To install the patch

1) Download
2) Save the folder to the following location:
C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Scenarios
3) Unzip the folder.
4) Move the .big file (Wolf's Civ III.biq) into the Scenarios folder if it's not already there.
5) Say "Yes to all" every time the prompt appears.

It does look remarkably good for a first mod, well done. Just a couple of questions, does it come with a map? You haven’t said so but the screenies look like they’re from a world map...
Also is the civipedia complete and does military tactics require anything to be researched?
I have started to download it. It looks very good.

wow. This looks very impressive.

The new units look very well made and the game obviously runs smoothly from your screenies.

a few q's

In ancient age how do you get to military tactics?

How many of those new unit graphics are your own, if any? I recognise the whammer40k drop pod and a few others from different scenarios.

What is the mods about?
Is it just a world map with your modifications.
I say 'just', but your mod looks aeswome.

I will download as soon as i finish my current game.(1 game at a time, or I loose track of whats happening)

Imagine my shock when the Mercenary Army produced a triplane rather than a mercenary. It is a nice looking triplane but I have only just gotten out of the ancient age!

I had a look at the biq files and the same problem occurs in both.

The Last Conformist said:
The Middle Ages tech screen screenshot isn't showing.

This looks like a thorough piece of work. Is there any guiding principle to the new units, etc, or is it just "fleshing out" the lines?
All of the pics show up for me, and their all uploaded onto the civfanatics file upload system, so I don't know why they wouldn't show up for you.

And as far as the units go it was mostly just fleshing out the lines, as you put it.

kairob said:
It does look remarkably good for a first mod, well done. Just a couple of questions, does it come with a map? You haven’t said so but the screenies look like they’re from a world map...
Also is the civipedia complete and does military tactics require anything to be researched?
I have started to download it. It looks very good.

The file comes with both a world map and a random map.
The civipedia is complete, and military tactics requires riding and Iron working. Sorry that that doesn't show in the ancient tech tree, but I just couldn't figure out how to work it in there without having to redo the entire tech tree for the ancient age.

Allanc said:
wow. This looks very impressive.

The new units look very well made and the game obviously runs smoothly from your screenies.

a few q's

In ancient age how do you get to military tactics?

How many of those new unit graphics are your own, if any? I recognise the whammer40k drop pod and a few others from different scenarios.

What is the mods about?
Is it just a world map with your modifications.
I say 'just', but your mod looks aeswome.

I will download as soon as i finish my current game.(1 game at a time, or I loose track of whats happening)

None of the units are my own, I don't have the software to make .flc files (unfortunetly).
And the mod is simply my version of what I think civ3 could be. Consider it my idea of an improved civ3, an additional expansion pack tacked on (lol).

Dancing Hoskuld said:
Imagine my shock when the Mercenary Army produced a triplane rather than a mercenary. It is a nice looking triplane but I have only just gotten out of the ancient age!

I had a look at the biq files and the same problem occurs in both.

ACK! :blush: Sorry about that guys. I'll wait and see if any problems arise and than put out a new file to fix that. Until then just go into the .biq files for both the random map and the set map and change what the Mercenary Army produces from Triplanes to Mercenaries. :blush:

Anarki Yer gunna wanna spit polish the <snip> you plan to call a Mod when your time comes to release. otherwize People will drop the same <snip> you like to give in your critiques.
Its like yer trying to be that loud mouth English guy from American Idol. This is the Modding Industy. lighten up this works done for free and be considerate. don't leave <snip> behind.

Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. This is a civ community - offer tips on how to improve it rather than flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Sorry for the flamage, I,ll try ta keep things constructive ;)

wolf_brother said:
All of the pics show up for me, and their all uploaded onto the civfanatics file upload system, so I don't know why they wouldn't show up for you.
It shows now, so I suppose it was just some glitch. :)

Is this the same mod you've been playing for your story? If so, then SWEET! I'm DL it for future playing (and for that one gold mech with the gatling gun... I've never seen it before, and it looks like the perfect Al-Bhed Machina for the FF mod).

Now I just need to get to updating MY story.....

Mirc said:
It looks very nice.
However I'm not into deleting the Portuguese, they were very important at a certain time.

The standard civ3 game has wayyy too many europeans. The portuguese and the dutch were the two least important, so they got the axe.

Anarki said:
Ok well I downloaded it and tbh I wasn't very impressed. It all looks like it's been put together very slopishly. Also some of the images aren't saved in the proper .pcx format.

The game works right? So what the **** are you complaing about?
Furthermore the only graphics files not in .pcx format are the .jpg images saved in the ReadMe folder, which was done on purpose. :rolleyes:

Hikaro Takayama said:
Is this the same mod you've been playing for your story? If so, then SWEET! I'm DL it for future playing (and for that one gold mech with the gatling gun... I've never seen it before, and it looks like the perfect Al-Bhed Machina for the FF mod).

Now I just need to get to updating MY story.....

Yes, this is the mod from my game-story. However, like I said in that thread be warned that that game is based upon a much earlier version of the mod.

What images are you talking about exactly?
And again, if it works in game why complain?

And I'm not ignoring you Blaze Injun, that's just something I'm going to have to do in the patch (release sometime this week hopefully).

I downloaded your mod. It looks and plays great...to a point. There seem to be a lot of missing wonder splashes, a LOT. The game is to the point where all I get are these: "Scenarios\..\scenarios\Wolf's Civ III\text\Pedialcon.text". You can fill in the name of the splash. An example is the "Silk Road". The game was going great, I was doing pretty good, and the whole thing came to a crashing halt. Do you have a patch to fix this? I hope so, because the mod is fun. Thanks. :sad:

I love it. I recommend that advanced fligt led to A-Bomb as the B-24 was needed to drop A-Bomb. This has given me an idea thanks! :D

Top Bottom