• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

women get stoned to death for loving a sunni boy.

The irony is that I think these kind of people don't want civilisation either...

They should be dumped in space.

What the heck is wrong with you. Pretty much every nation/people/religion have these 'funny little events' yet you insist on focusing on the abrahamic religions.

Because I'm more familiar with the history of the Abrahamic religions. So I suggested them. But I actually do not care THAT much.

Also, my understanding is that Buddhism is fairly peaceful. But then, of course, do they have a God?

For example, Ghandi was murdered by a hindu. Does that qualify as one of those 'funny little events'?

/sheesh.

I'm perfectly fine with including Hinduism in the list, if that's what's bothering you.

That is very disgusting to say the least. I hope that there was a God as i am losing more and more hope on Humanity (that also believes in Gods) each day.
How can a parent agree to such thing.

Those who were responsible for this (as well as those who agreed that this was a good thing (tm)) do not deserve civilization.

They should be all thrown in a cave - they don't deserve any better.

I agree . To be fair , the People that agreed to bomb Iraq (and also those that liked the idea) should also be punished and deemed as uncivilized beings.

I agree . To be fair , the People that agreed to bomb Iraq (and also those that liked the idea) should also be punished and deemed as uncivilized beings.

That is a swarmingly ridiculous analogy. The bombing dispatches don't intentionally kill civilians and your dishonest post does you little favor in the intellect department.

It is beyond me how you can seemingly excuse such villainy and barbarism by posting this stuff.

~Chris

Thanks a lot skad, the threads you've put up today got me in a <snip> humanity" kinda mood...:sad:

Spoiler :
:joke:

Moderator Action: Watch the language.

Thanks a lot skad, the threads you've put up today got me in a "f*** humanity" kinda mood...:sad:

Spoiler :
:joke:

Misery loves company and if I'm gonna feel like poo so will everyone else !!:D

I say down with religion. religion is really an obsolete idea that need to be phased out, not enhance. when i was young, my prediction was that the world will get less and less religion and eventually it will be phased out and extinct once all the ppl in the world embrace science and rationality.

Not very truth from what i see thou. almost every major country is getting more and more religious. Including USA, Singapore and even secular China.

This is pretty sad.

Im dating a muslim woman now. And to me, the biggest obstacle is religion itself while both our families will object to the relation coz i will almost never convert to Islam.

Indeed - People seem to cling to the traditions of religion, rather than update their theological mindset to suit the modern world.
In fact, most people are not theological at all, but merely ape the attitudes and traits of their own parents, without any learning
or seeking of historical knowledge. All they know is the most basic of tenets, and that they are told they are right.

This is what creates the type of person who rants about morals and rules, an empty vessel.
They are merely regurgitating the semi-religious regime they grew up with, not holiness.

In short:
If a religion cannot update, it is already a dead religion.

Yezidism has been persecuated by sunnis for centuries. There is propably 100 cases where situation is another way round.

Historically Sunni Islam is one of the most untolerant forms of religion. Shia Islam, Christianism, Hinduism and other religions have been (and still are) under constant attack from sunni extremists. For example Al-Qaida is Sunni organization.

That is a swarmingly ridiculous analogy. The bombing dispatches don't intentionally kill civilians and your dishonest post does you little favor in the intellect department.

It is beyond me how you can seemingly excuse such villainy and barbarism by posting this stuff.

~Chris

It is funny that you bring up intellect , and then you subsequently make the false conclusion that i excuse villainy and barbarism . Please tell me where i excused villainy or barbarism else you are nothing than a lier.
I think the accusation clearly backfires to you.

. The bombing dispatches don't intentionally kill civilians

All wars intentionally kill civilians. I think war is a very barbaric practice in itself . Which is relevant because this woman could have either died by the stupid Religious fanatics like she did or by the War.. . Acting that a War is unintentional is a wrong analogy because the bombs do target the general population intentionally (sometimes because it is the only way to suceed their military objectives) and ofcourse the byproduct of a War , the "monsters" (Soldiers ,Religous fanatics , Thieves , Psycho General ,Suicide bombers) that are allowed to act upon the Chaos that emerge act intentionally. So while you are arguing that war doesn't intentionally target civilians it is an act that will always result in many civilians to be targeted , due to it's nature.

So Woman gets stoned because she loves a Sunni boy can be an analogy to woman gets bombed because she was born in Iraq. One of the two act may appear more or Less barbaric than the other but i don't think it is worth to count the scale of barbarism in these cases but denounce it altogether. Because both acts are very barbaric.

Yezidism has been persecuated by sunnis for centuries. There is propably 100 cases where situation is another way round.
Historically Sunni Islam is one of the most untolerant forms of religion. Shia Islam, Christianism, Hinduism and other religions have been (and still are) under constant attack from sunni extremists. For example Al-Qaida is Sunni organization.

I Sunni Islam untolerant today? No doubt there are a lot of intolerant element within Sunni Islam.
Historically? Not really. Sunni Caliphate were very often a haven for religious coexistence: Al Andalus, The Otoman Empire welcomed the Jews fleeing the Inquisition, etc.

And so are Catholic and Protestant nationalists in Ireland, yet no one brings them up.

Nationalist aren't terrorist. Nationalists who commit terrorist acts are terrorists.

I Sunni Islam untolerant today? No doubt there are a lot of intolerant element within Sunni Islam.
Historically? Not really. Sunni Caliphate were very often a haven for religious coexistence: Al Andalus, The Otoman Empire welcomed the Jews fleeing the Inquisition, etc.

Yes. In middle-ages Islam was more tolerant religion than Christianity in many ways. But reason for that was pretty much that muslims were small minority in lands they had conquered. They had to be tolerant for their subjects who were largely christians, otherwise their subjects would have revolted.

Yes. In middle-ages Islam was more tolerant religion than Christianity in many ways. But reason for that was pretty much that muslims were small minority in lands they had conquered. They had to be tolerant for their subjects who were largely christians, otherwise their subjects would have revolted.

I don't have the numbers for Al Andalus, I know that a big Jewish and Christian minorites existend there, were the Msulims a minority? I don't know you're maybe right.
As for the Ottoman Empire and the North African Kingdoms that welcomed the Jews fleeing the Inquisition, sorry but you are wrong, Islam was by far the largest religion so it wasn't a matter of fear but of tolerance. Same thing in the Mashrek kingdoms.

It is funny that you bring up intellect , and then you subsequently make the false conclusion that i excuse villainy and barbarism . Please tell me where i excused villainy or barbarism else you are nothing than a lier.
I think the accusation clearly backfires to you.

By comparing the murder of a little girl by throwing stones in her face and chest, mutilating her and making her suffer an agonizing death for fancying a boy with the war in Iraq is inadvertently excusing the actions of said murders by chalking it up to "retribution in kind", or "comparable in motive". Thus, by somehow comparing this tortuous, intentionally cruel act to the dropping of very expensive bombs (designed to absolutely minimize civilian casualties) upon supposed military targets, you equate the one barbaric act with another one which doesn't explicitly attempt to intentionally kill civilians. By default you either excuse the treatment of the little girl or condemn the war in the same passion. Both of which seem....well....preposterous.

I am thinking now, you might not be dishonest; perhaps just young, innocent, and rebellious. :)

The rest of your post is too incoherant for me to reply too. But, your logic is seriously flawed in this portion:

So Woman gets stoned because she loves a Sunni boy can be an analogy to woman gets bombed because she was born in Iraq. One of the two act may appear more or Less barbaric than the other but i don't think it is worth to count the scale of barbarism in these cases but denounce it altogether. Because both acts are very barbaric.

You equate the stoning with the war because of the ultimate effect: death. In this case you are right. Death also occurs by traffic accidents. The motive (cause) behind the death, and the apparent outcome perceived by the perpetrator is what is important when calling it barbaric.

Simply put, war waged to minimize in the fullest ability the civilian casualties which naturally ensue is very, very different from dragging a little girl in the street and striking her with stones to death.

If you can't understand this, there is really nothing more to exchange.

~Chris

Top Bottom