Wonders: What new wonders would you like to see on civ 6?

I hope Natural Wonders continue.

The Wonder I want:

Gobekli Tepe.

Agree on natural wonders.

I'd like a few more modern and non-european Wonders, like the Maracaña Stadium, the Gotthard Tunnel (built into a mountain tile :)), Panama Canal or the Trans-Siberian Railway up to the Burj Khalifa. I see i was very transport oriented right now... ;-)

Agree on natural wonders.

I'd like a few more modern and non-european Wonders, like the Maracaña Stadium, the Gotthard Tunnel (built into a mountain tile :)), Panama Canal or the Trans-Siberian Railway up to the Burj Khalifa. I see i was very transport oriented right now... ;-)

I would love to see a tunnel and canal wonder. I wonder if that might be something civ 6 can support.

Theodossian Walls
(Engineering)
Requires coastal city and stone?

Moves the capital to the city that built the Theodossian Walls (sort of a symbolical reference to the capital of the Roman Empire moving to Constantinople)
Provides extra city defense.

With wonders built on hexes it could be possible. I also hope for "infrastructure wonders". Tunnel, canal, 1-tile bridge, etc.
Wow I hadn't even thought of that implication of wonders on hexes!!

They can now be massive construction projects (as they should be) that sometimes have a massive impact on geography.

Multi-hex wonders too!
- Suez or Panama Canal
- Great Wall
- Afsluitdijk or Delta works (Netherlands - ooo UI?)

Last random thought: how will Space wonders be displayed?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

First post! I would like to see some "non-building" wonders appear in Civi, such as Venus of Willendorf, The Book of Kells, Iron Lion of Changzhou, Algebra, The Communist Manifesto and Dead Sea Scroll. They might not seem as impressive as the other "building-like" wonders in civ5, but they certainly are monumental in their own way. Due to the mechanics that wonders need to occupy tiles now, I would suggest those wonders to take up one policy slot or technology slot, of course, if the current tech and policy system still apply to it.

First post! I would like to see some "non-building" wonders appear in Civi, such as Venus of Willendorf, The Book of Kells, Iron Lion of Changzhou, Algebra, The Communist Manifesto and Dead Sea Scroll. They might not seem as impressive as the other "building-like" wonders in civ5, but they certainly are monumental in their own way. Due to the mechanics that wonders need to occupy tiles now, I would suggest those wonders to take up one policy slot or technology slot, of course, if the current tech and policy system still apply to it.

We sort-of-but-not-quite have that in Civ5. Each Great Writer can either produce a "political treatise" that gives you a large culture boost, or produces a specific work (for instance if you spawn Leo Tolstoy he'd write War and Peace) but it just gives the generic Great Work of Writing bonus. You could expand that in Civ6 in the way that you described.

Welcome by the way. :)

If I would have to pick 2 wonders yet to be had in the series for each period these would be the ones:

Ancient era:

Gobekli Tepe: Screw the overhyped, overrated Stonehedge, Gobleki Tepe is the oldest temple on Earth, an astounding discovery that have made us rethink everything that we knew about how civilization first formed: this type of temple might very well have been the reason why us humans started to build cities in the first place!

the Banau Rice terraces: An incredible complex and scenic feat of engineering, the Banau rice terraces brings into the table wonders from the less known region of Polynesia, and makes for a cool "food district"·

Medieval / renaissance era:

The laibela underground churches: So we need more African wonders? You bet! Do we need more uber cool underground wonders? Hell yes! This amazing constructions fits many, many blind spots in the game at the same time!

Nan Madol: It is always nice to have more sea related / enhanced wonders, and it is always nice to give more weight to the Pacific region. The fact that this mysterious constructions are shrouded in Atlantis-like mystery is just the icing to an amazing wonder-cake!

Industrial era:

the Transiberian express: The longer continuous railway might very well be considered a wonder, not to mention that it had a profound impact in the history and economy of the trans-caucasian region.

The Empire state building: Art deco and skycrappers need more love, me thinks. It is also quite perplexing to me how usuch an utterly iconic building have not made the civilization wonder rooster yet.

Modern era:

The Hadron collider: This is the biggest single machine that the human species have ever built, and one built with the express purpouse of understanding the origin of our universe. Nuff said.

Sillicon valley: Because the Internet is more of a technology than a wonder per se, and because Sillicon Valley has already proven to be a big influence of our times

I'm really hoping for many more Natural Wonders than in Civ 5. Other than that, the number of World Wonders already present in the Civ series is more than enough to satisfy me, frankly.

I like to see some dutch wonders.

Like "Kinderdijk" or "de deltawerken".

As a national wonder i would like to build "het rijksmuseum". (It should have multiple great works of art slots of course :) )
I dont think there are many musea that attracts as much tourists as "het rijksmuseum". A lot of people are complaining there are to many tourists here in Amsterdam.

Personally, I don't like the trend of having a gazillion wonders in the game. At one point, they stop being wonders and become a "generic boost number 5." For me, Civ5 already crossed that line.

So my answer would actually be: I hope they remove some of the wonders or at least make it more difficult to build the existing ones so it really feels like an accomplishment to have built one.

Here is a Wonder type thing I would like to see: world's tallest building.

It's a Wonder that could be built over and over, each one costing more production than the previous but increasing the bonuses. The ones that have been superceded will lose a quarter of their bonus when a new one is built. The models would progress from each iteration to the next from the Empire State Building to the Sears Tower to the Burj Khalifa etc.

Top Bottom