Magil's Wondrous Wonders

[GS] Wondrous Wonders (Updated for Gathering Storm) 3.1.0

The new patch changed some wonders to include more diplomatic points. Are those changes still present with this mod or does it overrides it? I ask because I've seen that some wonders have their same effect and an added one, but I don't know if it's the case with all of them. (asking specifically for Statue of Liberty, as it gives 4 diplo points now, as well as others wonders that now give 1 diplo)

The Statue of Liberty definitely gives the correct number of diplo points, no worries there.

I just checked, Statue of Liberty gives 1 diplo point, but in the new june patch the number was changed to 4. Also, the Mahabodhi Temple should give 2 points now, but with the mod it doesn't. I know that the last version moved the point from that wonder to Potala Palace, but now that wonder gives 1 point on it's own since the patch. This mod to me makes wonders worth but now that diplomatic victory takes 20 points those extra ones are really needed.

I've built the Statue of Liberty a couple times with the new patch and WW, and it has given me four VPs. Don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, yesterday I tested it and SoL gives 4 points, even if the text say's otherwise. The only thing that would be missing is the 2 points in Mahabodhi, since Potala Palace already gives 1 point.

Mausoleum is changing in the upcoming patch, making it more powerful; not sure if this will need to be rebalanced. It certainly seems like the Venetian Arsenal could stand a tweek, as coastal tiles are getting production in cities with a shipyard.

I really like this mod and I hate not having it activated, BUT — the latest patch really buffed the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, so now it's more wondrous without using Wondrous Wonders!

Earlier in the thread there was a discussion on the power of TA being too strong. I agree. I would prefer to see it nerfed a little. Perhaps, only allow one type of unit to be doubled, range, melee, anti-cav, heavy cav, etc. Or the first unit of each type to produced in the city to be doubled and give all units a special promotion of some sort. I prefer the second option as the actual TA had soldiers, archers and charioteers in its ranks and so I like that it affects all types of units. If you do decide to change it, I look forward to seeing what kind of solutions you create.

Either way, great mod.

Top Bottom