Worked automated actions

code99

Warlord
EDIT : Typo on the title , it reads WORKED instead of WORKER !! Sry :)

This might not be related to AND but i wanted to ask this for a long time but always forgot about it until i encountered the problem again.

If u automate 2 or more workers they have the habit of doing the same thing eventually and they will do this over and over.
If one spots a resource that need an improvement he goes there and starts building it but he is not alone, most if not all other workers will do the same and they will all build the same improvement on the same tile. Once they are done they will continue building stuff together thus making this auto feature useless for more than 1 worker.

Is there a way to make them "check" if the action they are about to take is already taken ?

Hope i explained myself properly, if not do say so :)

Thanks

With me that only happens when my civ is little. After 15-20 cities it is rare for them to get together when automated.

Some times i put a few doing roads, another few "improve neareast city" and another bunch just automated.

But sometimes, for better results, you might choose what they are doing.

And i always check "Workers leave old improvements".

Having a larger civ makes it more difficult for them to work on same thing together but they will eventually start working together and then ill have to manually move em apart and restarting the automated feature.
But to get to 15-20 cities takes a bit of time and while i learned to manually control the workers all the time, i sometimes activate 1 or 2 max workers to build generally roads cause the rest of the functions increases the chance of the "bug" to appear.

When im in a war i shift my attention to the war and stop building much with the workers, idk i find it a bit too much sometimes, cant properly focus on them. This is where the auto feature would be best but atm i aint using it too much for the above reasons.

Happens to me too, as I automate all workers regardless, disliking the micromanagement.

This is probably why I have to play on lower difficulty levels, and better worker automation scripts would be appreciated.

I think the worker automation script pretty lame indeed.

If you leave them you will end with a city surrounded by Workshops and factories when sometimes you need farms or watermills (great improvement).

I usually play on emperor (giant map) and i only put automation in "improve city" and "build roads/railroads"....

It is hard to menage 50+ cities without it.

Top Bottom