1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World 2004 - Updated

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by elfangor801, Oct 17, 2004.

1. RedwallFortress

RedwallFortress Necromancer Emperor

Two more bugs have been found!!
    (One) The Preserve Captured Culture tag is not turned on.
    (Two) The Respawn AI Players tag should be turned off, otherwise you destroy a civ and it Respawns in Siberia, Greenland, or Antarctica.

What exactly is :confused your :confused: problem? You have to be more specific.

2. mr_lewington

mr_lewington King

sry i fixed the problem (doh!) it was just that i didnt no how 2 extract rar files into the game

3. wshook81

wshook81 Chieftain

I downloaded this scenario all is good until I start game. It stops at configuring scenario. Any help?

4. RedwallFortress

It takes a huge time to load (1 hour 30 :coffee: minutes on my computer) because of the amount of unit's. I am trying to make a new Version that will work around the problem, but it is still far from complete, partly because the original creators have :mad::mad: abandoned it. You can speed it up by disabling Air and Sea Trade in the Editor, this cut the Load time by a third. However, if you do this you should play mainland Civ's, as the one's on the Island's can't :( get any resources. This is the problem I am currently trying to solve.

5. Powerwise

Powerwise Chieftain

I know this might detract from the realism, but you could just go into the editor and give Japan, Britain etc. some oil and aluminum on the islands they inhabit (or whatever they may need).

I do this and it makes the game much more enjoyable. I also swap Russia's brown colour with Poland's (and allies) red.

6. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

Xou could also remeove the "requires resource xy" from th units/buildings...

7. Powerwise

Powerwise Chieftain

Another thing you could do is create some new type of technology and building called "alternative fuel sources", or something like that. This would probably require a fair bit of work to impliment.

8. mr_lewington

mr_lewington King

hmm i dont think that getting effiecent fuels as a resource will speed up a video game...it would actually make it slower

9. Powerwise

Powerwise Chieftain

It wasn't to make it faster. It was meant to somehow be a "realistic" alternative to oil, which, in the current scenario, has to be shipped via air and/or sea to countries like Britain and Japan.

But to speed the game up considerably, you need to disable air and sea trade, leaving Britain and Japan at a considerable disadvantage as they can't build armour or jets. The only alternative to this is to stick oil on those islands which is somewhat unrealistic.

I think it would be somewhat cool to somehow make civs in this scenario oil-free, even if considerably late in the game.'

EDIT: Of course, I'm not sure how far away the real world is from being free of fossil fuels. We probably never will be.

10. RedwallFortress

Yes, these are problems are all problem I will have to solve somehow. However another problem is the concept of Arms Trade which was incorporated into the scenario by it's original creator's. A lot of the units require Production Licence Resources to be build. This will cause serious :( game play problems if Air and Sea trade is disabled.
    Suggestions are welcome, and help :goodjob: doubly so.

11. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

Even if it reduces reaism, you may want to consider doing
    away with with resource requirements, period. Especially
    if the object is to speed up gameplay.

12. tomasjj

tomasjj Emperor

Great news that this scenario is being reworked!

As for the production licences - is it possible to just remove that and just have civ specific units? At least for the major blocks, like NATO etc. then these countries can build these units.

I don't know if it speeds up the game, but at least it is a way of working around the licence stuff.

13. RedwallFortress

Yes it will speed the game up, however I need to research what units to give each:eek: Civ. For example :confused: should Argentina get American, British, or Russian model Aircraft.

14. Powerwise

Powerwise Chieftain

Another thing you could maybe do is eliminate ALL resources except for arms licenses.

I don't think world-wide trade of a few arms licenses will slow the game up much, but we would need to test it to know for sure.

15. Powerwise

Powerwise Chieftain

Also, the Russian 5th generation fighter (in the scenario) needs to be revised. The jet featured in the game is the Su-47, which is merely a tech demonstrator for what will become Russia's replacement for Su-27s and Mig-29s in 2015 or so -- the PAK FA (Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsyi - Future Air Complex for Tactical Air Forces).

There has only been one Su-47 built and there will be no more.

Information on the PAK FA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAK_FA

A tentative airframe layout for the PAK-FA is below:

16. Powerwise

Powerwise Chieftain

For the PAK-FA (which should replace the Su-47 in world 2004 to appease airplane buffs) I would suggest using Wyrmshadow's "Su-60 Ferret" model (with his permission, of course).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=209137

EDIT: That is, if this scenario really IS being reworked, which I am not sure of.

17. RedwallFortress

Yes, the Scenario is being reworked, at least if I can :goodjob: help it.
    However I can't seem to get a reply :( out of the original Creators, so I will have count on support by other people, as I can't do all the work alone.

18. mr_lewington

mr_lewington King

are u remaking this scenario or making a new 1? if u r making a new 1 i'll volunteer 2 help u as im 1/15 done my modern world scenario

19. RedwallFortress

I am planing on using this Scenario as a framework:rolleyes: for a much larger new Scenario.

20. mr_lewington

mr_lewington King

dun dun dun dun! cant wait 2 see it :cool: