World map scenario - Only one leader per civ?

bearkiss

Chieftain
Sorry for the question guys, but is it normal, that i have only one leader for each civilization? I mean when i want to start a scenario (start the game with world map (huge) exe, in the list each civilization has only one leader.

If i choose custom scen, then there i can choose the other leaders, but should it be like that?

Hungary and the others are not playable at all?

i have realised that 3.01 saves (even many turn back savegames from the freezing one) are not working with 3.1 either.

Thx and keep up!

Sorry for the question guys, but is it normal, that i have only one leader for each civilization? I mean when i want to start a scenario (start the game with world map (huge) exe, in the list each civilization has only one leader.

If i choose custom scen, then there i can choose the other leaders, but should it be like that?

No you can't. There is currently no way of choosing from different leaders in a scenario with predefined civs and starting locations. Engine limitation.

Hungary and the others are not playable at all?

Of course. They aren't proper civs. They can't even build settlers.

i have realised that 3.01 saves (even many turn back savegames from the freezing one) are not working with 3.1 either.

Thx and keep up!

I'd be very surprised if, after a year of development 3.1 would be savegame-compatible with 3.01; I think it might be savegame-incompatible on around 200-300 separate issues.

Hey Androrc, nice to see here!

Take a look in this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=356237

Do you think you could do something similar for our world maps?

Maybe... one way to do this could be giving a variable to plots in the SDK for which civilization's starting plot they would be, and giving an according tag to be read in the python WBdesc. And then when the findStartingPlot() function was run for each player it would search plots for a starting plot of it's civilization; if it found it, that would become that player's starting plot; if not, the normal process would occur and a starting plot would be selected.

But then there would still be a way needed to get the cities that the world maps have at start be placed.

Since I got a PM, I'll also leave a comment here:
First, what I did is a bit different to what is requested here. I made it so that the maps are nearly complete *wildcard* maps, whereas you here only want one restriction less, not all.
There's probably no good way to do it, unless you're directly changing the WB processing. I'm on the same boat like androc, I think it's possibe to make multiple leader selection for scenarios possible, but I don't really have a clue where to begin.
I'm not even sure if dll modifications would be needed, but to find that out it would again take some time (in hours) to find that out.

I've seen similar requests like bearkiss' just lately on the German Pie's Ancient Europe forum and several times before. Androrc, I guess, there's a global demand for something like that, not only regarding Realism Invictus but other mods, as well.

The_J, am I getting this right: With your app, you may select any civ and will start automatically at the right location in any of the featured scenarios (=maps) but you don't have full freedom to select from all leaders attached to that particular civ? (I remember I played a map included in your modcomp in a game of History Rewritten – under the impression that I already had picked the leader I wanted to play with:confused:, but it's been a while since then. If this free leader selection is the extension, that this thread is about, I would (personally) hope, it will be solved without SDK (and therefore Mac friendly:)).

The_J, am I getting this right: With your app, you may select any civ and will start automatically at the right location in any of the featured scenarios (=maps) but you don't have full freedom to select from all leaders attached to that particular civ? (I remember I played a map included in your modcomp in a game of History Rewritten – under the impression that I already had picked the leader I wanted to play with:confused:, but it's been a while since then. If this free leader selection is the extension, that this thread is about, I would (personally) hope, it will be solved without SDK (and therefore Mac friendly:)).

The_J's Starting Points (and thus History Rewritten) do allow you to choose both the civilization and the leader you play on a map. The difference between that and what I think is being requested here is that while Starting Points places the civs in accurate locations, which AI civs and leaders actually appear in a game is still random (but chosen from a list of map appropriate choices). Presumably in the discussed scenario they're wanting defined, non-randomized civs and leaders for the AI, with free choice only for the player.

I imagine the random civ issue could be overcome by setting the number of civs in the scenario to match exactly the 'list' of available choices. However the scenario being discussed may rely on pre-placed cities and such instead of just starting locations for settlers, in which case it gets more complicated.

Top Bottom