World War I... in 2051 A.D.!?!?

Aloha Sports Fans,

I've been on travel for a few days and am currently in another hotel (this time with wireless internet access). My company computer has massive firewalls etc., so the only way to "bypass" that is by using my wireless PCMCIA card. :groucho: A lot of the places I visit don't have wireless yet, but many are getting onboard, including this hotel - in upstate NY. :D

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for their kind replies, and words of encouragement. It means a lot to me. I'm currently compiling the storyline in to text form in MS Word - (I'm on page 86 of 350+). :rolleyes: When that's done, I'll post a link to the file for those who want to d/l it.

I'm hoping to me a bit more available over the next two weeks, so hopefully you'll begin seeing me around more.

Take care everyone, and thanks again - you're all great. :goodjob:

Who in your oppion won the war? i mean sure Babylon was wining but mayas resistance held out until pressure at home forced babylon out of the war. Therefore i saw Maya won the war

From "A History of the Middle-East:"

"Saddam Hussein won the war by simply not losing. Khomeini lost the war by not winning."

However the same can be said for eithier side: Babylon won the war by not losing, but the Maya won the war because they didn't lose. However Babylon lost the war because the Maya wasn't destroyed and the Maya lost the war because Babylon wasn't destroyed.

:eek:

Jeez Icmancin take a position about who won :crazyeye: . lol Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth. I presume you were having a bit of fun.:lol:

Really both Babylon won the war in the wra in the short term: Babylon is the only remaining superpower and all resistance to it would crumble immediately.

The Maya won the war in the long term: Babylon became a Democracy and with such a large Empire would mean massive corruption problems. Also the Maya has retained its status as a nation which is very important. So both won the war.

That would be interesting.... After all Audacious Move killed or made more than 3 million people refugees. I should make a factual book about this...

:nono: tsk tsk tsk...

Nobody and Icmancin: Gentlemen, I am quite surprised at this provocative language. Granted... now you have freedom of speech without fear of prosecution, but I feel compelled to point out that war crimes are unneccesary in this instance, since Audacious Move was an offensive operation designed to bring the Maya to their knees and drive them to sue for peace at the earliest possible time, which provides for a much safer world overall.

The government of Babylon was only looking out for the continued safety and security of the world at-large.

Now, I would ask that you please open your doors, go outside, and board the unmarked vans that are now outside your homes. The non-uniformed officers, who are within those vehicles wish to engage you in a non-threatening conversation regarding your political views. Trust me, you will be allowed to go back to your homes shortly.

Coinich

Who won?

We all did. We got to enjoy months of fun and excitement.

Who lost?

We all did. Now it's over. But we can all hope that one day Coinich will give us another thread.

we didn't all win without this story what's the point of it all:cry:

Coinich, would you mind if I did write a semi-factual book about the prelude to and on the war? I could write it in a For Dummies format and post it here. It would simply be a different version.

i would read that

If you mean the war from a historical - or other - perspective, I don't mind at all. As a matter of fact I'd be honored to have readers of this thread re-tell the tale. :)

you could also write a story of that planet 100 years from now it be funny if this happened.
now for international news the Incans are ****inuing the advance on the city babylon .reports indicate that now six babylonian presidents in a row have commited sucide. now to you bob, well nancy many considered when babylon's military failure began when they became a democracy in the early 2060's

Love the Tom Clancy style writing! C`an't wait for you first Civ 4 story!

Currently I am juggling CivFanatics, Homework and Cadets on weekdays. On weekends I make extremely long practices with my trumpet I actually have the chance to play civ. Unfortuneatly I have a Cadet Bush Trip this weekend. I'll try on the weekends to write the story in a Historical perspective. I like writing facts... which scares my classmates.

Aloha sports fans,

While we are waiting for Icmancin to premiere his version of this story, I have put up a basic web page with a .pdf version of the story line, the final map etc. :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

Attention Comrades. Before proceeding, please ensure your security clearance is on-file, and up-to-date with the Interior Ministry Police.

ACCESS THE WEB PAGE BY CLICKING HERE!

Attention Comrades. Before proceeding, please ensure your security clearance is on-file, and up-to-date with the Interior Ministry Police.

Bon appetit... and enjoy! :D

Coinich

P.S..: I do anticipate making the page more visually appealing in the near future.

I am starting to work on it already. I have finished up to when the Byzantines began war. However this is in my personal writing folder and I will still have to type it. My time is getting shorter; Bush Trip next weekend and most Sundays from 2:00-5:00 optional training (i.e. Pellet Guns, Band) and plus all the Trivia Teams I am on at school. I have ALOT of Canadian Military history to study if I want to be 3 times better than the rest of the team put together...

It is written like Great Events of the 20th Century, an old 80s book that covers the Wright Brothers first flight to Allendes regime in Chile. It will be easy to digest and be informative at a neutral perspective. Its history in the writing people!

Top Bottom