World War I... in 2051 A.D.!?!?

Types this quickly before donning full body armor, and secretly secreting himself away to an “undisclosed location” in preparation for what’s to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PERSONAL EPILOGUE OF KEN “COINICH” (KENNURABI), TRANSCRIBED AT HIS PERSONAL RESIDENCE, NEW HAMPSHIRE, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 0900 EST, SEPTEMBER 30th, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha, sports fans! I’ve been greeting you with that for nearly a year.

Wow, what a ride!

It is with great pangs of guilt and sadness, and just a little tinge of freedom, that I announce the completion of my story. I have, actually over two months ago now, accepted a position of greater responsibility within my firm. This includes, as you have no doubt seen, the potential for lots more travel, and LOTS more commitment of my daily time. I have found, over the last month or so, my story was beginning to suffer - as real life (both work and family) have started taking more and more of my writing time. I have been really struggling to keep up with the story, as well as my new role in the firm. I concluded, logically, that something had to give. This story, logically, was the choice. Much as I really didn’t’ want to, I forced myself to spend many hours planning out the end. I wanted it to be an abrupt ending - based upon a tragic incident (i.e. murder) … all of which can happen in real life.

This story started out with a single event, that I just couldn’t let be. I didn’t have any idea where I was going to go with the story, I just felt compelled to write it. Well, I would like to say that through it all, I have made lots and lots of online friends. With over 55,000 views over a nearly 11 month period of time, that makes for an AVERAGE of 167 viewers per day. And that includes the weekends during which I did not write.

You are all AWESOME. This story is awesome, not just in size, but in readership. I am not saying this to toot my own horn, but I can tell you that I would have stopped it a lot earlier had it not been for the continued support, questions, comments, and even the occasional sniper or grenades. I appreciate all of you for not spamming the thread. I appreciate all of you for your comments and creative criticisms. I appreciate you for keeping me in-check, and holding me to task.

I am indebted to all of you for helping me on this task. I have learned things, and most definitely enjoyed the company. I am not going away, rather, I’m just concluding this story. I may show up here and there with smaller projects, of a much smaller magnitude. I look forward to continuing my friendships with you all. If you see me online, please shoot me a PM. I’ll reply, I promise.

I will always be indebted to those who took the time to register, and make their first posting, to my story. Again, I am honored to have all of you as readers.

So thanks for the ride. It was great. I appreciate everything, and I’ll be seein’ ya around.

Ken “Coinich” (Kennurabi)
“Self Proclaimed Master of the Quick Hitter!”

I intend to post the save game file this weekend…

I will now open the floor up to any questions. ;)

I would like to first congratulate you on your excellent writing skills, your continued effort into this story and your overall contribution to the CFC community.

i look forward to the final save game file, but would also like to ask is it possible to have a 2050ad save file, so that i can replay the campaign that you have.

my final request is for the entire story postings by you coinich to be decanted into a word or simular format text file, so that we can all download and enjoy your story at any time. i acknowledge this may take some time, but am more than willing to wait for either you or a dedicated fan with more time (than both you and me) to compile it.

once again, thank you for your story which i have throughly enjoyed and tried to view everyday for the last 11 months.

congrats on your promotion and i wish you well in that.

untill your next story,

kind regards,

Mark,
A.K.A. Ur Mum.

:beer: :dance: :wavey:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I must say this has been the most entertaining story that I have read here on this site. You really have a way with the pen (so to speak) and keeping it tied so tightly to the tactical moves and keeping it on track with the strategic and political pieces as well made this quite a masterpiece!

Thank you so much for making me waste some of my time! I enjoyed every second of it!

Congrats on the new position!

PS - I think this was a perfect time to end the story - the Maya were collapsing, and this is where it gets less interesting.

Thanks Coinich!!! It has been a pleasure reading this fantastic story about a game we all love. Congrats on your new position, but don't let it keep you from what is obviously a passion of yours. I found this site by accident and after lurking for about a month, I had to join just to comment on your work. Again, Thanks for inspiring many of us to start playing a great game again.

I think most of us are going to :cry: instead of get :mad:

Good luck with anything you do!!!!

Thank you for a very entertaining read - and for keeping us all hooked so long! I'm just waiting for the movie now... ;)

Eldar said:
I'm just waiting for the movie now...
So true Sir Eldar.

Ken thank you so much for the enjoyment you given us with your story.
Your writings will leave a void in many of our daily lives however I will reiterate that Team K.I.S.S would love for one of those smaller projects you speak of be about our Celtic heritage. ;) You know where I stand since we have talked about it on PM's.
Major Idiot Bernie "Panda Boy" Whomper :salute:

Coinich, this story was incredible. It was worth every second I spent reading it. Plus, I get veteran's benefits because of the battle of Riobamba. :D

Best of luck with your promotion.

2nd Lieutenant Alex "Lord_Iggy"

(Yes. My name isn't Iggy. I just thought it sounded funny :D)

Great conclusion Coinch. Sorry the story had to give, but I know how it goes when RL gets busy, entertainment time gets cut. On the positive side, there's one less thing for me to waste time on now :p

:salute: Great story Coinch! I can't believe I have read 73 pages of story in less than a year...you really know how to hook a reader in. :goodjob:

Good Luck in RL! Can't wait until your next story, even if it is a small one. :)

Great job Coinich! I loved this story. What an interesting ending! I am sad however to see it end. :( :( :cry:

Coinich, we salute you!

:salute: :salute: :salute:

And three guns, seven shots each!

:sniper:

Wonderful tale, Coinich. Thank you for so much entertainment. I understand the demands of real life - but I'm still eagerly hoping for more from your imagination.

The best of luck in the new job.

Hail to ye Coinich!

Congratulations on your new pseudo-promotion at your job and I of course understand the requirements of a new position at work and family needs in relation to what is still just a 'hobby'. I have to admit that I am going to miss your updates but real life is just that..real life!

Thanks again for your time, effort, and enthusiasm during your very enjoyable tale.

Vanadorn!

Peeks around the corner... relieved to have avoided the snipers ;)

Ur Mum: Unfortunately - 2050 save is gone. Only save I have is current End Game. :blush:

Whomp: We'll be in touch... hopefully soon. ;)

Iggy said: I get veteran's benefits because of the battle of Riobamba
:lol: Yes indeed. Babylon thanks you for your service!

TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED: I am truly gratefull for the kind words of encouragement as I end this story. Thank you all again.

I wanted to post the Save Game File now:

Coinich's End Game Save File

:cry: It's going to be strange for a few weeks (or months...) getting used to not reading a new entry to your story. I never thought I'd like a story more than Daftpanzer's Celtic Peacekeepers, but since you've actually finished your story, I guess you automatically win! ;) :)

But I think that even if you weren't getting busier in RL that you should have ended it here. The Maya were falling apart, so it would have gotten less exciting.

And a great ending, too! I have to say I'm happy the Inca survived. Catalouging the Incan posts has made them my favorite nation in the story. :) (speaking of which, I'll send you the last few entries to add to the table of contents in a few minutes)

I hope this isn't the last Civ story you write (a Civ IV story would be GREAT!), and I also hope you decide to write up Team K.I.S.S.'s history.

:clap: :salute: :thumbsup:

*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap (one of those big opera claps that go on for 10 minutes clap clap clap*

Best Civfanatics story ever...

Well done, Coinich. Take a bow. This has been an extraordinary story and one that will be truly legendary - at least among the civfanatics forums. I think you have set the bar for storytelling - in fact, I think you should consider writing a novel at some stage. You definitely have the ability for it.

All the best for your new position.

Top Bottom