• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

Hi,

I'm not agreeing with the idea to make a Sturmgeschütz out of a PzKW II, completly different style of units...

In my opinion it should be logical:

Light or early Tanks to medium tanks: PzKW II to PzKW IV / PzKW 38t to PzKW V Panther

Heavy tanks are no upgrade for other tanks, they are a new unit: means PzKW VI Tiger I is no upgrade but could be upgraded in a Tiger II (also a heavy tank)

For Jagdpanzer a early version of Jagdpanzer/Sturmgeschütz would be more realistic:
Sturmgeschütz III instead of Jagdpanther. If medium tanks are researched then should be an upgrade to Jagdpanther or with heavy tank then to Jagdtiger. All units are tankbusters, but at the end more modern and better.

Hope u can follow my ideas and english ;)

I downloaded and installed the Mod. When I try to play none of the scenarios are available. The Mod acts like it loads fine, I see the version 1939 whatever 1.0b don't remember the exact number but it has a b on the end. If I start a game I see the tech tree but it starts at the settler level. I certainly cant pick one of the 3 scenarios. Any suggestions?

1. Do you see mods graphics etc?
If not probably you installed it to wrong folder
check first post for
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR USERS THAT HAVE INSTALLED IN OTHER FOLDER

2. You may check if you have this directory tree:
........\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939\Public Maps\
in wich folder you would have scenarios.

BTW i recommend you wait a little bit - tomorrow will be available new version with scenarios

I downloaded and installed the Mod. When I try to play none of the scenarios are available. The Mod acts like it loads fine, I see the version 1939 whatever 1.0b don't remember the exact number but it has a b on the end. If I start a game I see the tech tree but it starts at the settler level. I certainly cant pick one of the 3 scenarios. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. However, if you select Single Player >>> Play a Scenario, and then scroll to the bottom of the scenario list, you'll see the three scenarios listed there. If you select one of them, the program will inform you that it needs to load the mod, click Okay and it will restart in order to do so. After it is then loaded, you can play.

If you choose to play a custom scenario, it will allow you to make changes to the scenarios that, frankly, I find more playable. I change the time setting to Quick, so that the tech advances and building times are more realistic. Also, I deselect the No Technology Trading option, and select the No City Razing option. Your mileage may vary...

I see the custom splash screen for the mod when the mod loads. The file tree is Warlords/Mods/1939/assets and publicmaps folders and a few files. There are two ini files. world war II 1939 1.0b.ini and ww21939.ini . I can see a bunch of scenarios but none named the names in the publicmap folder. Let me try another warlords mod and see if its scenarios show up. I could try to move the publicmaps contents to the Warlords/publicmap folder. Then I might get the expected results Jamiam mentioned.

I could try to move the publicmaps contents to the Warlords/publicmap folder. Then I might get the expected results Jamiam mentioned.

Yup it should help too

Figured it out. The install from just using the executable created a folder in the mods directory world war II 1939 1.0b ... I renamed that folder to ww2 1939. Now the scenarios work. You either need to repoint the scenarios or have the install name itself WW2 1939. All right now let me get to playing :) hope this is fun.

Ok i am having problems getting WWII 1939 to work correctly. I can load mod and everything appears ok. I can load any of the 3 scenario's and select leader, adjust settings ect. just fine. But when it is initializing (finishing) Civ4 Warlords has a critical error and crashes. I have installed the white flag patch, and check the folder names, and even cut and pasted the .exe file (that i downloaded) into the WW2 folder. Everything exist in this location on my pc:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939

Not sure what the problem is, i have about 10 mods (not including any that came with Civ or patch) on here and all others work.

Also: i have been working on some ideas for a new MOD. It would include a lot of similar units to this, and a lot of the same ideas, but im thinking more along the lines of WW2: Global War, to include all major civs in WW2 and some minor (unplayable by human) Civs, and I wanted to ask if I could use some of your .py and .dds and maybe some other (not many) files.

Thanks,

and if any sdk or python guru's care to assist please contact me @
Shiggies713@hotmail.com

New version available - 1.15b

Download here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4164

V 1.15b

Spoiler :
- New versions of scenarios.
- Building BM-13, Medic, Forced_labourer doesn't crash game anymore. It also displays well theire small buttons.
- Building Olympia Stadium, Colloseum, National Expansion Memorial, League Of Nations, Arc de Triomphe, Red Cross, Brandenburg Gate, Leaning Tower, Discovering DNA Structure, Discovering Penicillin doesn't crash game anymore. Now it plays movie for that wonders or show pictures of them (in case we don't have movie).
- Disabled civilopedia texts wich was causing CTD.
- Fixed graphics of units wich was causing CTD.
- Corected playing movies for a-bomb and h-bomb test sites
- Completly rebalanced buildings - new parameters, costs, requirements, buildings' options.
- Decreased technology cost - around 20-30%.
- Changed cost of tanks - it costs now around 10% more.
- ISBM and heavy tanks (and most of medium) costs two golds per turn more.
- Light tanks and some medium tanks (mostly russian) costs one extra gold per turn (so all this changes should slightly change unit ratios of army (it was 5 tanks : 1 infantry)- keeping big tank armies would be expensive now).
- All units except transport units moves slower.
- Now trading over the ocean is possible.
- Building League Of Nations doesn't treager Global Elections.
- New Building - United Nations - Allows to win game diplomaticly. Available with Discovery of Color Television.
- Elite Marines and First Strike 2 Promotions doesn't give so much First Strike Ability now.
- M4 Sherman and Mk VI Crusader doesn't get to much First Strike now.
- Missiles now operational - included Dale's Missiles Mod.
- Now animated V1, V2, Ballistic Missile, V2 with A-BomB Warhead, Ballistic Missile with A-BomB Warhead, P-38 Lightning.
- New model for Sherman Calliope, Messerchmitt Me-262 and Amiot 143.
- New Unit Amiot 350.
- Corrected displaying of buildings (some needed changes in model) on map (now all buildings appear on the map).
- Moved a-bomb and h-bomb test sites from national wonders buildings to projects and now it needs much efforts to build WMD
- To build a-bomb project you'll need to build 4 projects before (Isotope Manufacturing Plant, Induction Accelerator, Nuclear Reactor, Heavy Water Manufacturing Plant).
- To build h-bomb project you'll need A-Bomb Project complited and other project Tritium exctraction plant.
- To build "nukes" you'll need now A-Bomb Project.
- To build nuclear silos wich are used for ICBM with A warhead and H warhead, you require now H-Bomb Project complited.
- Building Bomb shelter doesn't require A-Bomb project complited anymore.
- Nuclear Plant require now fusion bomb technology.
- You cannot build now all wonders that was build before WW2 - so Colosseum will stand builded in Rome, if for example scenario will be on Pacific - you still won't be able to build colosseum. But it is possible to put it through World Builder.
- Warsaw Royal Palace , Versailles and Prague Castles are now unique buildings replacing palaces
- Reichstag and Hungarian Parliament are unique buildings replacing parliament
- Germany now builds Afrika Korps instead Dessert Infantry
- Sounds for religions/ideologies
- New sounds for Sherman, Sherman Calliope, Willys MB, SDKfZ 222
- Some sounds set to mono and with lowered bitarate to lower memory need.
- Some textures cropped to lower memory need.
- Added strategy texts for Units.
- Other minor fixes.

really great work...
i like it, that the transport units now move 3 instead of 2 .. now there is a reason to build them..

really good work..

Ok i am having problems getting WWII 1939 to work correctly. I can load mod and everything appears ok. I can load any of the 3 scenario's and select leader, adjust settings ect. just fine. But when it is initializing (finishing) Civ4 Warlords has a critical error and crashes. I have installed the white flag patch, and check the folder names, and even cut and pasted the .exe file (that i downloaded) into the WW2 folder. Everything exist in this location on my pc:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939

Not sure what the problem is, i have about 10 mods (not including any that came with Civ or patch) on here and all others work.

Check the newest version - we fixed many critical bugs.

Also: i have been working on some ideas for a new MOD. It would include a lot of similar units to this, and a lot of the same ideas, but im thinking more along the lines of WW2: Global War, to include all major civs in WW2 and some minor (unplayable by human) Civs, and I wanted to ask if I could use some of your .py and .dds and maybe some other (not many) files.

I'm courios why you like discover america once again :p. We also want to make more civs - not only european but global - so the task is the same - you could help with moding and ideas (many ideas proposed by fanatics on the forum was putted in v 1.15b - and still we won't implement other.) - it should be done quicker this way.
But if you like you may use .dds
units and building - many are not mine and you need to ask me (is what you did and i agree), snafusmith, kodzi, wotan321, Splinter13 - depends who is author of particular unit/building

Finnaly! I LOVE YOU <3 waited loooong time for this.

really great work...
i like it, that the transport units now move 3 instead of 2 .. now there is a reason to build them..

really good work..

THX :) and i'm also glad from new playability and scenarios - the game is more balanced - sill it's not final but the quailty improved :). Thx for your ideas - there was moves in good directions - ok i'm getting back to playing :)

Greetings:
Exactly how do we uninstal the old version? Using windows built in uninstaller? or just deleting the mod's folder?

Also: Could you simply enable the multiplayer option if it's easy? Hard to convince others to do it.

Thanks
Bigben34

Greetings:
Exactly how do we uninstal the old version? Using windows built in uninstaller? or just deleting the mod's folder?

Also: Could you simply enable the multiplayer option if it's easy? Hard to convince others to do it.

Thanks
Bigben34

Through unistaller - if something goes wrong etc - you can just delete folder, but it's recommended through uninstaller

Ok i'll enable multiplayer in next patch - i can't say when it will be.
for now : i put corrected .ini file here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/86068/WW2_1939.zip
- it enables multiplayer - just unzip and coppy it to .....\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939 when prompt if overwrite click yes

Thanx for update... :D

In the old version a few hours ago I had a problem when I build a forced worker with the germans, programm crashed... Is that fixed in the new version?

Looking forward to try the new game, will give feedback tomorrow...

Bye :goodjob:

great update. Its alot better. the only thing wrong is the game moves very slow. My computer is less than a year old so I do not know why it is so slow.(the regular civ 4 is not slow like this). Maybe its because there are so many units. besides that this its my favorite mod out there. by far Thx. :hatsoff: :yup: :salute: :coffee:

Check the newest version - we fixed many critical bugs.

I'm courios why you like discover america once again :p. We also want to make more civs - not only european but global - so the task is the same - you could help with moding and ideas (many ideas proposed by fanatics on the forum was putted in v 1.15b - and still we won't implement other.) - it should be done quicker this way.
But if you like you may use .dds
units and building - many are not mine and you need to ask me (is what you did and i agree), snafusmith, kodzi, wotan321, Splinter13 - depends who is author of particular unit/building

THX :) and i'm also glad from new playability and scenarios - the game is more balanced - sill it's not final but the quailty improved :). Thx for your ideas - there was moves in good directions - ok i'm getting back to playing :)

Sweet. I would be more than happy to help on a new mod/ changes to this one. I have done my reseach, just about have every military unit for every civ written down (TONS of notes) and every important leader (some we're wrong on WW2 1939). Also, the whole point of making a MOD would be to make it multiplayer. It is quite simple to change the .ini file to multi, but that essencially does nothing. There are lots of OOS and compatability problems way beyond that. Anyhow if you would like any more input or have any questions you know where>>> Oh and thank you to all who have put their time and effort into creating this MOD and any of the others out there.

Thanks,

There is a compatible WORLD WIDE Scenario already - the 1933 Scenario includes 18 countries across the whole world and shortly it does become a GLOBAL WAR. See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4153 for download. :goodjob:

You are free to modify this scenario - I will also be modifying it as more leaders become available that are compatible with this mod, etc. :mischief:

great update. Its alot better. the only thing wrong is the game moves very slow. My computer is less than a year old so I do not know why it is so slow.(the regular civ 4 is not slow like this). Maybe its because there are so many units. besides that this its my favorite mod out there. by far Thx. :hatsoff: :yup: :salute: :coffee:

Yes i agree with this as well.... VERY GOOD IDEA for this mod, just needs tweaked a little. Also, im am using a very new, and good pc (5.3Ghz, 2G ram, Geoforce 6200 w/ turbo cache), this should take 1 second like everything else to load, not sure what all can be done, w/o ruining game play, but it needs to be looked into. Not sure how bad the lag is on single player cuz it keeps having a critical errros, but if its anything like total realism, it needs fixed to even consider doing multiplayer. Im about to DL new version, hopefully it works ;) !

There is a compatible WORLD WIDE Scenario already - the 1933 Scenario includes 18 countries across the whole world and shortly it does become a GLOBAL WAR. See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4153 for download. :goodjob:

You are free to modify this scenario - I will also be modifying it as more leaders become available that are compatible with this mod, etc. :mischief:

THANK YOU. I would just dl and play the WW2 1939 scenario, but im afraid that it has/had some critical errors that need fixed. If you are working on new stuff, i would be more than happy to help, otherwise I (and others) will be working on a new MOD to be called WW2 Global Warfare. Also, i have done extensive reseach on units/leaders/countries that were invloved in ww2, some of your leaders and units are incorrect. I am sure of this.

That being said, I appreciate all the hard work you have done, and recognize that it is very difficult to put something like this all together, and hope to be able to help and/or add on to this for the ultimate ww2 scenario's. Thanks :)

Top Bottom