• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

THANK YOU. I would just dl and play the WW2 1939 scenario, but im afraid that it has/had some critical errors that need fixed. If you are working on new stuff, i would be more than happy to help, otherwise I (and others) will be working on a new MOD to be called WW2 Global Warfare. Also, i have done extensive reseach on units/leaders/countries that were invloved in ww2, some of your leaders and units are incorrect. I am sure of this.

That being said, I appreciate all the hard work you have done, and recognize that it is very difficult to put something like this all together, and hope to be able to help and/or add on to this for the ultimate ww2 scenario's. Thanks :)

Thanks - No Worries Mate! You can use the research I've put into the 1933 scenario to build on - maybe modify the map/countries, era, etc, etc... Anyway, good luck with your mod and scenario design -this mod will surely help you on your way! :goodjob:

Through unistaller - if something goes wrong etc - you can just delete folder, but it's recommended through uninstaller

Ok i'll enable multiplayer in next patch - i can't say when it will be.
for now : i put corrected .ini file here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/86068/WW2_1939.zip
- it enables multiplayer - just unzip and coppy it to .....\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939 when prompt if overwrite click yes

Thanks Mate!!

Bigben34

Im not exactly sure whats going on, but i have uninstalled version 1.0b, then downloaded 1.15, I ran the .exe and then started civ and loaded mod. Everything appears to work fine, same problem as with version 1.0b, it appears it has a problem with the graphics card, as it has a critical error when finishing initizalize, (changing background picture from the gun and suit, to the view from space looking at earth). I hear the sound of my units activating and then crash. Critical error. I could copy and paste the details if that would help. I have an Invidia GEORFORCE 6200 w/ turbo cache, and everything exist on this location on my pc : C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939

Please help :)

Im not exactly sure whats going on, but i have uninstalled version 1.0b, then downloaded 1.15, I ran the .exe and then started civ and loaded mod. Everything appears to work fine, same problem as with version 1.0b, it appears it has a problem with the graphics card, as it has a critical error when finishing initizalize, (changing background picture from the gun and suit, to the view from space looking at earth). I hear the sound of my units activating and then crash. Critical error. I could copy and paste the details if that would help. I have an Invidia GEORFORCE 6200 w/ turbo cache, and everything exist on this location on my pc : C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939

Please help :)

Search these forums for Nvidia issues!;) There's a lot of help in threads. Problems may just depend on your gcard and its drivers.

Asio, have you checked the savegame I have put on ftp?! The prob I had is very strange. I cannot enter the next turn somehow. Hitting the button, pressing enter or space just does not work.

Yup search this thread that Hardner said.
I don't think what other things could do it - maybe python that makes playing intro movie - i don't know? :(

Hi , Why doesnt Germany start with any bomber units in the 1939 scenario , Germany was a very strong nation in the air also then?

Umm yeah there should be bombers, but not too many, maybe some of germany's land troops should be taken out :D I kind of got this feeling that they Germany might be little bit too strong..

I played till start of 1946 and i was miles ahead of others, had LON as vassal, italy had france(or what they had left in africa) i had whole europe except UK(i left them as purpose to have some competion but they were too ****) , sweden,norway and some part of spain(but LON was my vassal so..) and Italy(they were my allie :p ) I also had all of UK's cities in africa. I kind of had everything most important in current 1939 map. I seriously think "oil I,oil II,oil III,oil IV + coal I,coal II.." should be added, it gives purpose to i.e. Germany to conquer more territories in Africa or ect.

yea unless you played on settler mode, a score of over 600,000 is a bit ridiculous, haven't played game yet, because of issues with invidea, but that kind of score i dont think should ever be possible.

In my first game of this mod(1.0) I achieved a diplomatic victory on just noble in '43 with 950000, that was easy having 2/3 votes in the election after conquering everything but LON. I could have also achieved a conquest or domination victory earlier in '42 easily, it was just fun build up a HUGE and well developed Großdeutshland (Biggermany):king:

In my first game of this mod(1.0) I achieved a diplomatic victory on just noble in '43 with 950000, that was easy having 2/3 votes in the election after conquering everything but LON. I could have also achieved a conquest or domination victory earlier in '42 easily, it was just fun build up a HUGE and well developed Großdeutshland (Biggermany):king:

I assume the 1939 scenario is more balanced in the newer version of this mod and scenario. ;)

When you have time to play the world - in the 1933 scenario, or Europe after D-Day, the world is a tougher place in these other two scenarios for this mod...:mischief: The computer A.I. has trouble winning militarily in either of these scenarios, but a human can build a Großdeutschland in the 1933 scenario quite well...

is there a chance that in the next version you guys are going to add a new scenario or are you just going to stick with those 3. You could remake the desert war scenario from the regular civ 4 or you could remake world war 2 in the pacific from civ 3 complete. Just a thought.

is there a chance that in the next version you guys are going to add a new scenario or are you just going to stick with those 3. You could remake the desert war scenario from the regular civ 4 or you could remake world war 2 in the pacific from civ 3 complete. Just a thought.

There are several in the works from desert warfare in northern Africa to an expanded nations scenario in Europe with many of the smaller nations playable or at least included. They are in the works by many different authors and I would expect to see them popping up very soon.... I haven't heard of a Pacific one, but it will be likely once the other nation leaders are up and running...

World war 2 in the pacific is basically the battles between America and Japan. The nations are Commonwealth(australia),Japan (which owns parts of china too), China, And America(who has controls The pacific coast of America and the islands they owned )(Hawaii ,Wake island etc). anyway I would love to see it on the mod. It would be nice to have a detailed scenario other than one in Europe.

Is this MOD available to play on simpel Civilization 4? I
I don't have Warlords, just Civ 4. Well, I tried but it doesn't work.
Thanks

hey hey all..

Just stopping by to check in.. sorry I havn't been around forever.. but the mod looks excellent!! :D Congrats everyone and i'm suprised by the outstanding work.

It looks great everyone.. and I can't wait to play it.. I'm downloading it now :)
Yay!

I wanted to ask if the mod is stable enough to be playable in Multiplayer? I would like to play with my friend this one.

hey, gentleman modmakers of this mod
i've taken Ju88 unit from ur mod for mine but i have some little problems with it. please, advise, what's wrong with that unit?
Thx

Attachments

• ju88.JPG
    ju88.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 90
  • ju882.JPG
    ju882.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 129
@ makke - game seems very stable now except few computer hang over that i was informed about - didn't played much since last release but it worked fine for me.

@MaxRiga
Spoiler :
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_JU_88</Type>
<fScale>0.5</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.9</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/Ju_88/Ju-88.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Bomber/Bomber.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Ju_88/Ju-88.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/FighterShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.75</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<iDamageStates>4</iDamageStates>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bSmoothMove>1</bSmoothMove>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
<PatrolSound>AS3D_UN_FIGHTER_PATROL</PatrolSound>
<SelectionSound>AS3D_UN_FIGHTER_COMMAND_PATROL</SelectionSound>
<ActionSound>AS3D_UN_FIGHTER_COMMAND_PATROL</ActionSound>
</UnitArtInfo>

I've only played the 1933 scenerio so far and it struck me as odd that you can't trade techs! With research as slow as it is, it absolutely had to be enabled. I tried to do it myself but I forgot how and gave up.

Top Bottom