• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

don't worry ANZACS'll appear in phase two :)

Explorer2 - great news you fixed that :) i was getting to worried whats happening :) Can't wait to play new scenario

@explorer2

Im not completely sure, but if you create a folder named PrivateMaps inside of the WW2 1939 folder and place your maps there, it wont show up in regular warlords or any other mods when you go to start scenario (which it wont work for anyways). Im not sure if they work in MP that way though, never tested it. :goodjob:

I haven't played Civ4 for a while, but this mod seems to be nice enough for me to install and play Civ4 again :)

I just hope there will be more civilizations in next versions of this mod and it's scenarios ;)

Also, there is a distinct possibility, that i myself could make some scenarios for this mod. But first i got to playtest it for a while at least...

I noticed there are several ways turning off settlers
- many drastic - so it needs to be turned off in all scenarios.

But i think it's possible to make countries in pairs - so for example we would have two soviet unions - one with unique unit settler and second one without it - so one could build settler and second can't. For Axis and Allies you could choose country with option without settlers. But maybe they are even better solutions.

@Shiggs713 WW2 Mod Group? I think we are already modding group :)

Can you try to make settlers obsolete with a certain secret-non-useable technology, which we can insert into scenarios if we don't want them to be able to build them?

Bigben34

Can you try to make settlers obsolete with a certain secret-non-useable technology, which we can insert into scenarios if we don't want them to be able to build them?

Bigben34

Awesome idea - i think it might be possible i need to check this. Once i'll get better (i've got flu right now) i'll test if it's working

Put you on the Warlords list, just saw it, sorry.

Yes please and thank you

Hi, this mod looks good. I would like to insert a new civilization: The Hungarians, with the Hungarian Royal Army. Sadly I don't know such modelling, and texturing. But I can give images and civilopedia entry. If thre is anybody who do it.

There's no problem with images (rather models), but i would like to have help with civilopedia entries for all new countries (not only Hungary) - if you like you may do it :)

Are there any changes in AI as part of the mod? I have been playing a game and the AI will declare war... but do nothing. The USSR brings a stack of a dozen or so tanks outside an enemy city defended with 3 weak units.... then just sits there.... some units in the stack leave, new ones show up.... but they just stay parked there. No one ever attacks. Artillery arrives, does nothing.

Has there been an AI built by a modder that uses bombers and artillery?

I have been playing this mod now for a couple of times and I really really enjoyed it. Unfortunately some features do not seem to work at least at my game. Perhaps somebody else has experienced this as well.

Some promotions will not show up when discovered. (mortars for inf. & art. as well as cluster or fire bombs for strat. bombers - can't remember which exactly)

Is it intended that improved aircraft carriers (available from big ship yard on) are the most powerful navy units for a real long time? And when are improved battleships enabled to be built?

Ranged bombard function for two tiles seems (with battleship and the art. units) not to work.

Keep on the excellent work - and I am looking forward for the next upgrade!

All right! :) But where I would send these imiges? Also, I can send you experimental german aircraft imiges, such az nazi stealth bomber, Me329, and more. I'm a big WW2 fan, you know. And I would do the other Nations...

Hi, I posted some questions on this forum. but I don' see it.
For an example text:
The 39M "Csaba" Scout Car
An excellent armored car initially based on a British design, 61 were produced in 1939 and a further 40 in 1940. Hungarian Nicholas Straussler designed a number of armored cars for Britain while living there between the two world wars. Straussler came to an agreement with Manfred Weisz at Cspel in Budapest about producing his designs for his home country. The most prominent design was based on his experience with the design and production of the British Alvis AC2 armored car. With the assistance of the Hungarian Institute for Military Technology, the 39M Csaba armored scout car came into being. It was an enhanced version based on the fabrication and trials of his British models.
The Csaba, named for the son of Atilla the Hun, was of a modern design and construction. It mounted a 20mm cannon and an 8mm coaxial machine gun in a centrally located faceted turret. Similar to other armored cars of the period, it had two driving positions, one at the front, and one at the rear. This was considered a "must" for scout cars. The Csaba's body design was more modern and successful than its British counterparts'. The 9mm thick armor plates were riveted in place, and covered both driving positions. For a powerplant, a Ford motor built in Koln, Germany was selected. This engine gave the Csaba relatively good speed.
After successful trials in 1939, the Royal Hungarian Army accepted the armored scout car into service. An order of 61 was ordered for the reconnaissance units. In 1940, another 40 vehicles were ordered. Twenty of these were utilized as armored fighting vehicles, and the remainder served as command cars with extra radio equipment. Another production series was planned, but the priority of the tank program delayed this until 1944. If this next series ever came about is in doubt.

@ all
We'll try to improve AI as soon as possible with some issues with bombardment and large stacks (it's possile that it needs tweaking in .xml cause ai might don't know that's heavy armeed)

thx for posting bugs Elmar - we try to fix it with new release :)

@ HunVertigo - yeah this is fine :)
Do you have icq or yahoo (send me pm)? We can talk together tomorrow. (No i go to bed - it's quite late)

@ PeteT :)
Great news with No Settlers option:goodjob: - that makes possible the Allies and Axis Scenario and of course it'll find usage in other scenarios :)

yes we still discovering some small problems.... will be fixed as soon as possible... thanks for sharing :)

I don't want to hurry, but may I ask when I can expect the latest release?

Top Bottom