• Bad

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Crap!!

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Its a great scenario but

Eihoven should be EiNdhoven
Lauwersoog should be Groningen because Lauwersoog is a verry little Village

Sarevok- I do plan to make this scenario for PTW, nut right now I dont have the time. I would only be able to do it in about 15 days. Feel free to make it PTW, if you wish.

Holland PTW- The corrections will be taken in account in a future version.

WW1 was a global conflict but most of the fighting was European, and even when it was not it europe it was european colonies fighting eachother. there were of course exceptions (Japan) but i think its better in europe.

I will give it a thought, Phoenix, but I agree with Lynx.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, tomorrow, July 1st is the 87th anneversary of the beginning of "The Battle of the Somme", the 'freindleist' battle of WW1 beginnig july 1st 1916 raging untill the fall. It killed over 600,000 troops on both sides of the conflict. On July 1st, the British sent 100,000 troops to attack the German trench after a opening bombarbment consuming over 1 million shells. But the Germans had dug 30ft trenches: impervious to AT fire. on July 1st however, of the 100,000 british troops that entered no-mans land, 20,000 wouldnt come back and 40,000 were wounded. It is considered the greatest military tragety in British history.

Just in case anyone wished to know...

It was also the first battle where the Tank was used BTW.

I argree that most of the fighting was in Europe but I wanted to be able to change world history; what would have happened to the world if Germany had won or the Russians occupied Germany after the communist revolution (though very unlikely). Also the rebirth of the Germany Empire (WWII).

My theory is if the Central Powers had won the Great War then a second world war would have occurred but with a resurgent, angry and possibly facist/communist Franco-Italian-Anglo alliance starting it all.

Hey civfans

First of all I want to say that the scenario looks well done.
(just some little mistakes are left : Strasbourg was at that time German since 1871, it came back to France as a result of this war. Second : wouldn't it be nice if Hamburg had a Harbor, because it has one, touching to the North sea. You should maybe make disapear the little town on Netherlands that is in the way.)

But most of all, I have to ask a question to the aythor and to everybody. I'm experiencing a lot of trouble with homemade scenarion, like this one. They just don't work. When its loading, after I chose which tribe, it blocks there and I can here the music of the game but the image doesn't come. It's the case with practically every scenario... Does somebody knows why ?

thanks for answering

Jeff76

@Jeff76

In most homemade scenarios it takes a very long time to load. What is happening to you is normal, the game has not crashed. My suggestion is to load the scenario and than watch some TV for about 30 min. When you come back, it will be ready to play.

I dont like it either, but thats what happens, although there are some scenarios that are very quick while others can make you wait over 2 hours. I wonder why it takes so long though... because an average scenario of Civ 3 is waay smaller than some of these RTS scenarios, some even reaching 2 MB yet they take at worst about 15 seconds to load. Of couse, there are civ 3 scenario's of that size as well, but this is just something that got me curious.

You are correct Jeff76, strasbourg was indeed German from 1871 to 1918.

I tried this scenario today and found it very good.
It is great to be Norway and invading Sweden :D

On the other hand I noticed things I didn't think was correct and after seeing the posts here i decided I wanted to help out a bit. So I took what I hope was the latest version of the scenario and worked in most of the suggestions people came with.

Changes (I think the list is complete):
- Fixed terrain and cities in Scandinavia.
- Removed elephants from Norway and Iceland and placed game instead.
- Renamed Bordeux to Bordeaux.
- Deleted Groningen.
- Moved Hamburg 1 tile NW.
- Renamed Lech to Innsbruck and moved it 1 tile NE.
- Moved Salzburg 1 tile NE.
- Fixed some Greek cities and added Rhodes as an Italian city.
- Renamed Istanbul to Konstantinopel.
- I had no idea which city Yekaterinoslav was, I believe it might be misplaced, renamed it to Kisjinev (Capital of Moldova).
- Fixed cities in Polen, Ukraine and the surroundings.
- Moved Ufa and Tsaritsyn.
- Added Rostov.
- Reassigned Strassburg to Germany.
- Renamed Alicante to Valencia.
- Reassigned Faro to Spain and renamed it to Seville.
- Renamed Portsmouth to Southampton.
- Renamed Oban to Glasgow.
- Added Baghdad.
- Put all wonders in their correct location.
- Corrected male/female leaders of each civ.
- Added techs to certain civs, to give them more of the units that where present before the first world war (This could include such techs as Replaceable Parts, Combustion, Mass Production, Refining and Steel).
- Added some fortresses along the french-german border.
- Renamed the English to the British.

I added a "modified by" line in the end of the scenario properties if it is ok. I also uploaded the file here so you could have a look. If you don't think I should have modified the scenario and uploaded it luiz, I'll remove it.

Btw: Another bug. It is possible to go from the Atlantic and into the right part of the map. Don't know if it was like that or if I did something wrong. :-/

Attachments

• world war one.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 166
its hard to change what civ the player is because you have the territory organized by player, not by civ. for example, Greek Ironclads say "Player 3(Greece)" underneath them in the civ3 editor instead of saying just "Greece"
i'd also reccomend giving each civ their own color, since the Ottomans and Italy are both red, and Denmark and Sweden are both yellow. good work, though. :goodjob:
________
MAKE A VAPORIZER

Cheetah, if you dont want people being able to go from the far-left side to the far-right (this is a default property, trying to make the map see like a planet) go to the editor and de-select "Allow X-Wrapping"

Dude, Sarajevo was NOT under Ottoman rule at this time... the Ottomans had territory stretching to the Suez canal, and partly into Greece and Bulgaria, but not past that. The Austro-Hungarian Empire had Sarajevo.

Also, at the time, it WAS called Volgograd.

Otherwise, its a good map... brush up on your history though ;-)

Top Bottom