ilmis9

Chieftain
Hi,guys!
I recently made my own world map with some tweaked regions for gameplay of my taste and I want to play it with civs randomly scatter around it.
But problem is- civilizations rotate on fixed start locations. Played one game, wanted another ,but realized the issue. I really love the map, maybe you guys can give advice.
Already checked if there ar scenerios enebled or start locations-there are none.
Sorry, for posting non related vox populi stuff even tho I only play with VP.

Moderator Action: Moved to main C&C forum. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,guys!
I recently made my own world map with some tweaked regions for gameplay of my taste and I want to play it with civs randomly scatter around it.
But problem is- civilizations rotate on fixed start locations. Played one game, wanted another ,but realized the issue. I really love the map, maybe you guys can give advice.
Already checked if there ar scenerios enebled or start locations-there are none.
Sorry, for posting non related vox populi stuff even tho I only play with VP.

So if I understand you correct the game always put all players in specific start locations?
And you want the starting locations to be more full random anywhere?

So if I understand you correct the game always put all players in specific start locations?
And you want the starting locations to be more full random anywhere?
Yes, just like that. Thank you for response!

Yes, just like that. Thank you for response!
Im not sure on how to fix or what the code looks like but ...
My guess is that its an algorithm used to place players and if nothing changed with the map then same starting positions will be produced.
@Milae is this even possible to change without messing up spawns a lot?

Attachments

• earthmini.Civ5Map
    160.8 KB · Views: 27
  • earthhuge.Civ5Map
    250 KB · Views: 29
  • earthtoohuge.Civ5Map
    278.5 KB · Views: 22
No sorry, I don't know how civ placement works in maps, I only know for mapscripts.

Also WorldBuilder doesn't even open for me.

Do you choose the start locations in there or do you think it's done elsewhere?

I wouldnt be surprised if the spawn locations is part of the map layout.

Top Bottom