WW2 Global Gold

anyone know of a smaller earth map setup for global wwii ?

In earlier versions of his wonderful scenario WW 2 Global, Rocoteh, the great creator of WW 2 Global, used a smaller map with the settings 253x192 instead of his last settings 359x283 - but in my eyes playing on the larger map is much better (if your pc has the power for it). The last version of WW 2 Global that I am aware with using the smaller map is WW 2 Global 1.9.

WW 2 Global Gold is only a graphical update of Rocoteh´s great scenario, that I am allowed to post by Rocoteh.
You can find the original thread of WW 2 Global here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ww2-global.107698/

I hate to necro this thread, but I would really like to see if anyone has the files to this. Gold version was absolutely incredible, but the machine I had the files on died and I can't recover its harddrive. I've been trying for months to track it down but eventually decided to register here to see if I could try my luck.

Thanks in advance.

I hate to necro this thread, but I would really like to see if anyone has the files to this. Gold version was absolutely incredible, but the machine I had the files on died and I can't recover its harddrive. I've been trying for months to track it down but eventually decided to register here to see if I could try my luck.

Thanks in advance.

ValtheJean welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

Thank you very much for your kind words about WW2 Global Gold. :) I wonder why many people don´t post anything -especially no thank you to encourage the creators - about the mostly huge work of the creators when some complex modding work (units, scenarios, mods) is posted, but only post a demand when this modding work isn´t any longer available. ValtheJean, this is a general thought that I always have when reading such posts as the post above, but it is not targeted on you, as I don´t know if you have posted a thank you about WW2 Global Gold at the SOC site.

ValtheJean, as you had installed WW2 Global Gold, you know that WW2 Global Gold is not a "stand alone"- scenario as I linked the units to the SOE scenario after receiving the allowance by Rocoteh, the creator of the great scenario WW2 Global. In short words: WW2 Global Gold cannot be played without SOE. So your demand in reality is about SOE and WW2 Global Gold (two scenarios).

As posted several times in the WW2 Global Gold and SOE thread, both scenarios will reappear again. In the meantime I don´t want anybody reloading both scenarios.

When the SOC site had to be closed, CFC didn´t want to host the former SOC scenarios, so there was an emergency transfer of these files (among them also the at that time next version of El Justo´s AoI biq, that otherwise would have been lost in his computer crash) to the German site civforum.de, which tried to help the Civ 3 community. On the other side German laws are very sensitive about WW2 stuff. May be you have heard about the German "Hitler-not to see-image" that is used in HOI 4 in Germany. The SOE and WW2 Global Gold files need a rework, even when considering the great new units that were done by Delta-Strife, Gwendoline and other creators and the now ready new civilopedia entries of the next version of my mod CCM, that cover a great number of the SOE and WW2 Global Gold units, too.

So. please be patient. If all runs well, may be at the end of this year we will have WW2 Global Gold and SOE back to Civ 3. If you have a look at the SOE thread, you have noticed that this year I have fixed many of the lost screenshots in that thread - but this all needs time. :)

Last edited:
ValtheJean welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

Thank you very much for your kind words about WW2 Global Gold. :) I wonder why many people don´t post anything -especially no thank you to encourage the creators - about the mostly huge work of the creators when some complex modding work (units, scenarios, mods) is posted, but only post a demand when this modding work isn´t any longer available. ValtheJean, this is a general thought that I always have when reading such posts as the post above, but it is not targeted on you, as I don´t know if you have posted a thank you about WW2 Global Gold at the SOC site.

ValtheJean, as you had installed WW2 Global Gold, you know that WW2 Global Gold is not a "stand alone"- scenario as I linked the units to the SOE scenario after receiving the allowance by Rocoteh, the creator of the great scenario WW2 Global. In short words: WW2 Global Gold cannot be played without SOE. So your demand in reality is about SOE and WW2 Global Gold (two scenarios).

As posted several times in the WW2 Global Gold and SOE thread, both scenarios will reappear again. In the meantime I don´t want anybody reloading both scenarios.

When the SOC site had to be closed, CFC didn´t want to host the former SOC scenarios, so there was an emergency transfer of these files (among them also the at that time next version of El Justo´s AoI biq, that otherwise would have been lost in his computer crash) to the German site civforum.de, which tried to help the Civ 3 community. On the other side German laws are very sensitive about WW2 stuff. May be you have heard about the German "Hitler-not to see-image" that is used in HOI 4 in Germany. The SOE and WW2 Global Gold files need a rework, even when considering the great new units that were done by Delta-Strife, Gwendoline and other creators and the now ready new civilopedia entries of the next version of my mod CCM, that cover a great number of the SOE and WW2 Global Gold units, too.

So. please be patient. If all runs well, may be at the end of this year we will have WW2 Global Gold and SOE back to Civ 3. If you have a look at the SOE thread, you have noticed that this year I have fixed many of the lost screenshots in that thread - but this all needs time. :)

Civinator,
I, for one, greatly appreciate all the work and help proffered by you and all the other members of this forum who have contributed to the scenarios, mods, etc that make playing Civ3 such a time consuming pleasure. Please know your time is well spent!
Patiently awaiting the fruition of your efforts.
Thank you.

Good news for the friends of WW2 Global Gold:

WW2 Global Gold will come back this year. It will no longer be connected to the units of SOE, but to the units of the expanded mainfile of C3C, coming with the next version of CCM2. This allows a quick update of units and a smooth addition of new units, that were done since the creation of WW2 Global Gold and a comfortable use of big parts of the CCM 2 civilopedia.

I´m reflecting about changing the techtree of WW2 Global Gold to a calendar similar to SOE:

The advantage of this techtree is, that many new units can be added easily and the player is restricted to possess some super-units much too early in the game. On the other hand, the minimum and maximum research time here is 4 turns, meaning it makes no sense in raising the science rate. On the other side again, the player still has some flexibility in the research, as he can decide if he wants to focus his research in land, sea or air research first.

As WW 2 Global Gold is a game with weekly turns, but SOE is a game with monthly turns, there is another small problem with such a techtree: As you have 52 weeks in a year, an additional calender-tech must be added each year to come to 4 turn techs each year (52 : 13):

What are fans of WW 2 Global Gold thinking about such a techtree ?

Attachments

• New Techtree WW2 Global Gold 1.jpg
    New Techtree WW2 Global Gold 1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,091
  • New Techtree WW2 Global Gold2.jpg
    New Techtree WW2 Global Gold2.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 992
Last edited:
I love that idea for the tech tree. There is more fine control over what techs are needed to unlock units, buildings, etc. There is also the possibility of creating unit variants as was the case historically. As an example I'm thinking PzKpfW IV Ausf F1 and PzKpfW IV Ausf F2 which iirc appeared in the same year.

I am liking the new tech tree! It would easily allow the addition of new units and the elimination of old ones as they become outdated. Out of curiosity what year is the war ending 45 or 46? Lots of interesting stuff was in development for 46 or came out soon after the war.

I am liking the new tech tree! It would easily allow the addition of new units and the elimination of old ones as they become outdated. Out of curiosity what year is the war ending 45 or 46? Lots of interesting stuff was in development for 46 or came out soon after the war.

Delta_Strife, the techtree that I had developed for SOE many years ago ends with the end of 1947. The end of that form of a techtree is determined by the place that is offered in the era screens of the techtree. Wyrmshadow made a lot of 'what-if-units', especially for Germany for the turns after 1945, but I can tell you from my experiences with SOE: For modders it will become mostly a 'nightmare' to give them a proper 'raison d´être' in the game, especially all those different German units that all have the same purpose in the late game. In SOE this problem ended with a setting, that some German 1945-1947 planes could only be built in Africa.

BtW.: Delta_Strife, the new connection of WW 2 Global Gold units to the CCM2 mainfile means, that those of your beautiful units that are in CCM2, will also be in WW2 Global Gold. This form of a techtree allows to add more of them - but there must always be a proper setting for those additional units.

Edited: Delta_Strife, while doing updates of the WW2 Global Gold units I noticed, that there is missing a Civ 3 unit of the more prominent Italian bomber Fiat BR.20 Cicogna (this bomber was also used by Japan in higher numbers). If you have the model of this unit it would be nice if it could be added to the next version of WW2 Global Gold (otherwise the Italians still have to use a Ju-86 calling it Fiat BR.20 Cicogna).

Attachments

• End SOE Techtree.jpg
    End SOE Techtree.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 1,013
Last edited:
Super excited that WW2 Global Gold will come back this year. I too love the changes to the techtree. Thank you Civinator and all those who contribute and have contributed to this wonderful scenario. :)

WW2 Global Gold Update information:

The SOE techtree now is installed to WW2 Global Gold, too. The units still must be adjusted to the new techtree. The turn intervalls were changed from weekly turns to better fitting monthly turns. The biq now is enlarged by landmark terrain for all kinds of Civ 3 terrain. The WW2 Global Gold biq now will be in general a solid structure for all kinds of expansions of this scenario (the resources still need some fixes).

At present many units created by Delta_Strife, Tony Boscia and others are added to the scenario or are updating still existing units. A great thank you very much to all those great unit creators! :clap:

Here is a screenshot showing some updates of infantry units done by Tony Boscia and a tank done by Delta_Strife:

... and here is a screenshot showing some of Delta_Strife´s great new ship units in the Dutch East Indies, showing the light cruisers Java, Sumatra and De Ruyter and the flotilla leader Tromp and the coastal defense ship Soerabaja (the last one is a placeholder):

Attachments

• Tony Infantry.jpg
    Tony Infantry.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 957
  • Dutch East Indies.jpg
    Dutch East Indies.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 947
I am so excited to see this mod being updated and revived! :D I've never actually gotten to play it.

A couple of months ago I was sad that I couldn't find SOE anywhere and I saw all these new WW2 units coming out from Delta Strife and others, so I decided to make my own WW2 in the West scenario (on AnthonyBoscia's oblique North Atlantic map). Now I see that WW2 Global is coming back :lol: I suppose it's all well and good. I would love to see how you've handled the war in your mod, Civinator, and maybe it will help inform how to develop mine. I am unsure if I will make mine as historically detailed as yours as I do want to keep turn times to a minimum (that familiar refrain).

The way you handled the tech tree is interesting and I was contemplating a similar approach because I liked the idea of having a set "calendar" for triggering "events." However, I also felt this would railroad the tech progression too much, I like the idea of choosing which areas to spend time researching and which to forsake as a waste of resources. I am also curious to see how you've handled special weapons in this scenario, i.e. anti-tank weapons, flamethrowers, etc. Units that should have combat bonuses versus other units. (I also wonder how connecting Britain to the mainland has worked out? Do D-Day invasions actually occur?)

Keep up the good work! :goodjob: It remains amazing to me how this game has continued to stand the test of time. I can't stop myself from coming back and playing/modding more.

Hi Meteor Man, thank you very much for your kind words, but WW2 Global Gold only is a graphical update of the great scenario created by Rocoteh and Meateater. So this scenario doesn´t hold many special WW2 specific settings done by me. I made a lot of such settings in the WWII scenario SOE. May be there will come a time when I do these settings to this scenario, too. The next version of WW2 Global Gold is at least a solid base for it, as it will hold now all kind of landmark terrains and the SOE techtree, that holds a lot of advantages (that you can read in detail in the posts linked below).

For the comeback of SOE, I 'silently' restored at CFC many of the lost screenshots in the SOE thread (that were connected to the now closed SOC site) so sometimes these restored 'surviving' screenshots hold old terrain graphics or were taken from the old map, that also held the US East Coast before I decided to cut it out for a better game speed.

Meteor Man, for helping you to inform how to develop your mod, many settings of SOE are described (with screenshots) in this and the following posts:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/storm-over-europe-soe.454785/#post-11287696

Operations in SOE like Sea Lion or D-Day (or Barbarossa and some others) are working very well. Camouflaged land connections in my eyes are the best way to trigger very impressive AI invasions and massive different stealth attack settings make a big part in the setting of different units. The microzones are working well, so a lot of the strategic use of them now can be done by advanced autoproduction (that I have developed after SOE).

Here you can read some nice reports done by AnthonyBoscia about his SOE games as Germany and Russia (always exploiting some settings in SOE :D) that also still have their screenshots at CFC (there were some other good reports in the SOE thread, but unfortunately their screenshots are lost):

-------------------
Meteor Man, I hope there will come the time for me to play your very interesting Star Wars scenario, that was a lot of work for you. :hatsoff:

Last edited:
Just wanted to check in and see if there was a status for when WWII Global may be ready. I'm excited! Thanks to everyone who has put in the effort (for decades) to work on these.

wildman16, thank you very much for your interest in WW2 Global Gold. :)

The upgraded units (mostly units done by Delta_Strife) are added to the available CCM2 expansion pack, the techtree is changed to the SOE-format and all units are changed to the new pediaicon entries for the combined modpack for CCM2, RARR, CCM1 and WW2 Global Gold. At present the units must be connected to the new techs of the changed techtree.

I thought this could be finished with the end of 2019, but an unexpected nasty error in the settings of RARR that had to be solved, caused a delay in finishing not only the next version of RARR, but also the next version of WW2 Global Gold. At present I´m working to finish the next version of RARR and when this is ready I will go back to WW2 Global Gold and the patch for AoI. I hope the next version of WW2 Global Gold can be ready in the next two months, but as you can see with that error in RARR, there always can happen some unexpected errors with these mods and scenarios - and please don´t forget that I´m not a factory.

If only you were a factory! The work that could be done...

Sounds great. I've been playing CCM2.5 some and am impressed. In the old days I rarely played epic mods and stuck to scenarios but I must say CCM2.5 is a nice take.

Appreciate your time, and if there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask!

wildman16, thank you very much for your offer and your kind words about CCM2.5. :)I will come back to your offer, if the next version of WW2 Global Gold should not be released in March 2020. First the next version of RARR must be finished.

Civinator, could you post the old version of scenario SOE? Materials are needed to create your own scenarios. Interested in the form of cities sets, resources and units.

Top Bottom