WW2-Global

Currently I am compiling a Excel list with all the units and stats, because I want to update all the graphics with Wyrmshadow's units - I downloaded this scenario just a couple days ago :eek:

If there's interest, I'll send this list to Rocoteh - although I guess you'll have such a list anyway... :undecide:

I appreciate that.
Thank you.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh:

I always assumed this was an intentional choice by you so players cannot disband weaker units in order to rush-build. From my perspective it is a good idea and should not be changed very much. Disbanding of weak units should be allowed but only if the shield value remains very small.

I also concur with others on removing railroads -- I've been campaigning for that for quite some time!!!

I will probably remove railroads in version 2.6.
It will benefit AI, which is is positive.

Rocoteh

Hi, with the last version I love using the railroadconstruction but because the ai doesn't know how to use it I vote no for railroads too. I support the idea of faster movement for land and sea units in general

As mentioned earlier its 95% that railroads will be removed in version 2.6.
That will benefit AI and thus the scenario will be more interesting to play.

Rocoteh

I'm just wondering-Why does the AI not utilize workers? It doesn't see the need to clear pollution, connect resources, etcetera.

Does it have anything to do with there being 3 types of workers in the game?

When the ability to build railroads was removed from workers it
also meant that AI-strategy "Terraform" was taken out.
If I had observed that this change would have not been
implemented. (Of course!)

In version 2.6 I will (probably) make the tech "Tech Holder" a prerequisite
for worker job "Railroad".
(No Civ can research "Tech Holder".)
Worker units will have Build Railroad flagged again.
Then the net result will be that AI will build and use worker units again.
However no one will be able to build railroads.

Rocoteh

I'm just wondering-Why does the AI not utilize workers? It doesn't see the need to clear pollution, connect resources, etcetera.

Does it have anything to do with there being 3 types of workers in the game?

I think this has to do with automate not working, try to have a worker automate and it just sits inside its city with its movement always on 0 out of 1

Thanks for the impressive scenario. I have some questions. I have downloaded the latest version 2.5. It occurs to me that some units don't have proper sounds attached to them. For example German Mot. Infantry when fighting, sounds like Musketeers. Funny! Also some German battleships when performing bombardment sound like a submarine submerging or something like this. Is this intentional? Or I did something wrong during the installation of the scenario (very unlikely, as the installation is pretty simple and straightforward)? If this is intentional, wouldn't it be possible to attach screaming sirens of Ju-87 while dive bombing to the unit when this units bombards? This would bring yet another step to the immersion.

this is from most likely the programers giveing the unit a randome sound, if they get the sounds them selves like the screams and sirens of a Ju-87 for that to be in the game. do you wana hunt down the sounds?

Thanks for the reply!

I've just checked the file:

stukaAttackA.wav

sounds as it should: dive bombing of Ju-87, but what is actually being played while it bombs is:

StukaRun.wav

And in the Stuka.ini file, there it says:

ATTACK1=StukaAttackA.wav
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=

But as I said StukaRun.wav is being played! Why it remains a mystery to me!

Thanks for the impressive scenario. I have some questions. I have downloaded the latest version 2.5. It occurs to me that some units don't have proper sounds attached to them. For example German Mot. Infantry when fighting, sounds like Musketeers. Funny! Also some German battleships when performing bombardment sound like a submarine submerging or something like this. Is this intentional? Or I did something wrong during the installation of the scenario (very unlikely, as the installation is pretty simple and straightforward)? If this is intentional, wouldn't it be possible to attach screaming sirens of Ju-87 while dive bombing to the unit when this units bombards? This would bring yet another step to the immersion.

I will check these issues with regard to version 2.6.

Rocoteh

Hi Rocoteh
Its been a long time since I posted here but I have been steadily playing my heavily modded personal version of your great scenario which is still the best one ever made for CIVIII. I wanted to share the railroad solution which while not perfect is working ok for me.

I have made it so that the ability to build RR needs the Land 1943 tech to have been researched.The cost is still 100. This helps the AI because until then they will build workers who will build roads,mines & irrigate. By the time the have the tech & put everyone to RR building they will have had time to improve a lot of their territory. We all know that a human player will go all out to get to Land 1943 but until then he still has a challange of no RR. Playing a smaller power it will be harder to be able to build RR but I think that is how it should be since they had less resources than the major ones.

You can also keep the RR engineer & make him available with the Land 1943 tech. If you keep him a faster worker & not too expensive he will be built & used by the AI. Hope you find this helpful.

The Dragonlord

How Do Combat Engineers And Railroad Construction Workers Differ From Workers?

The Rail Workers are supposed to be the only unit that can build railroads. In the current version of the scenario, there is an error that allows the Combat Engineers to do this.

Combat Engineers have a defense factor of 10, so they can follow your front line without being as vulnerable as the normal worker.

I prefer the idea that Dragonlord has which is to delay railroad but not eliminate it. It becomes critical in long troop movement which happens late in the game. Something at least to try rather than a complete elimination.

I agree with all the playtesters that a solution regarding railroad construction to improve the AI is necessary. I think that The Dragonlord's idea is worth exploring rather than the complete removal of railroads.

Hi Rocoteh
Its been a long time since I posted here but I have been steadily playing my heavily modded personal version of your great scenario which is still the best one ever made for CIVIII. I wanted to share the railroad solution which while not perfect is working ok for me.

I have made it so that the ability to build RR needs the Land 1943 tech to have been researched.The cost is still 100. This helps the AI because until then they will build workers who will build roads,mines & irrigate. By the time the have the tech & put everyone to RR building they will have had time to improve a lot of their territory. We all know that a human player will go all out to get to Land 1943 but until then he still has a challange of no RR. Playing a smaller power it will be harder to be able to build RR but I think that is how it should be since they had less resources than the major ones.

You can also keep the RR engineer & make him available with the Land 1943 tech. If you keep him a faster worker & not too expensive he will be built & used by the AI. Hope you find this helpful.

The Dragonlord

The Dragonlord,

Thank you.

Very glad to hear that you still like and play the scenario.

I will have your comments in mind with regard to version 2.6.

Rocoteh

I am still looking over the railroad-issue with regard to version 2.6.

Probably the best solution will be to remove them, but no final
decision made.
A late special Tech can also be a solution.

Rocoteh

I prefer the idea that Dragonlord has which is to delay railroad but not eliminate it. It becomes critical in long troop movement which happens late in the game. Something at least to try rather than a complete elimination.

I don't really agree.
I think railroads are not really realistic in civ. I know this is a game and that we can never reach realism, but you just can't move units from South Africa to Sweden in one week!

The game is much more fun to play + more realistic without railroads available, even after 1943 or ....

But thats what i think about it, lets hear some other opinions!!!

Top Bottom