WW2-Global

Hey Rocoteh, hows it goin? Finally got my tenure track, and in my free time mostly play Civ4 BTS. However, recently discovered a game that I think you'd like to know about. IIRC, you did an American Civ War mod for C3C? Check this out:

http://1bcciv.com/Topic2246441-94-1.aspx?Highlight=Forge+Freedom

There is a link to the Matrix Game site, which makes the "Forge of Freedom" ACW game. Not only is this a great ACW game, but I think the basic game engine which includes strategic operations and a tactical battlefield engine is the best strategy game engine I've seen.

Hey Rocoteh, hows it goin? Finally got my tenure track, and in my free time mostly play Civ4 BTS. However, recently discovered a game that I think you'd like to know about. IIRC, you did an American Civ War mod for C3C? Check this out:

http://1bcciv.com/Topic2246441-94-1.aspx?Highlight=Forge+Freedom

There is a link to the Matrix Game site, which makes the "Forge of Freedom" ACW game. Not only is this a great ACW game, but I think the basic game engine which includes strategic operations and a tactical battlefield engine is the best strategy game engine I've seen.

Anthropoid,

Thank you.
All is well.

Very good link.

I think Matrix Games is the real hope for turn-based strategy games.

Rocoteh

Okey, I'm back with a play-test!
This time as the Germans on a medium difficulty.

First came the Poland and Servian campaigns. They are no problem for the German forces and i only lost 2 infantry.

After this my Transports were ready to invade Norway/Denmark. On the same time The Netherlands and Belgium were invaded. I lost a few units in the Lowlands but none in Scandinavia.

Next i was pushing for France, lost a few planes and some pantzers but not much. I've got the north of France now!

Objectives are: Control all of Europe as soon as possible. Free Africa and Asia!
I will not give any help to allies, i will try to take their territories as well!

Next: take over the south of France, invade Greece and Turkey. (Perhaps Sweden)

Greetz,

The Loser

Just popping in to see the progress because the last time I was on here...oh say 5 months ago (min) ? :lol: Don't need an in depth response, just one that would clear the murky waters.

Drivebymaster,

Welcome back.

Version 2.5 was released October 1.

There is a list of changes at Post 7627 page 382.

Rocoteh

Okey, I'm back with a play-test!
This time as the Germans on a medium difficulty.

First came the Poland and Servian campaigns. They are no problem for the German forces and i only lost 2 infantry.

After this my Transports were ready to invade Norway/Denmark. On the same time The Netherlands and Belgium were invaded. I lost a few units in the Lowlands but none in Scandinavia.

Next i was pushing for France, lost a few planes and some pantzers but not much. I've got the north of France now!

Objectives are: Control all of Europe as soon as possible. Free Africa and Asia!
I will not give any help to allies, i will try to take their territories as well!

Next: take over the south of France, invade Greece and Turkey. (Perhaps Sweden)

Greetz,

The Loser

The Loser,

Thank you for the report.

A good start for the playtest.

Looking forward to hear how it turns out.

Welcome back with more reports.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh -
After the holidays, and getting hung up with real-world concerns (Work sucks!), I'm back to my 2.4 game as Japan.
I continue to push into Australia - I control it all except the southeastern corner - Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Broken Hill, and Hobart. Again, the logistics of building and moving troops into Australia, while building and stockpiling for the assault on the US, plus fighting the USSR, is a real impediment to finishing Australia.
Norway-Denmark foolishly declared war on the Soviets, and were crushed in three turns by the Red Army.
The Soviets have pulled their armor out of Asia, and I'm assuming back to Europe. In the last round of the Soviet-Axis war, my European partners fared very badly - Finland is down to 4 cities (not counting Gorki, which they somehow still hold???), and the Germans have lost all previously-held Soviet cities except Brest-Litovsk.
As a result, I made huge gains, across the board, against the Soviets before the most recent truce.
I think my game will enter the endgame stage soon - it's just a matter of time in Australia, and I've marshalled about half the forces I want, before taking on the Americans, at San Diego.
I hope to report more in a week or so.

The Blitzkrieg has been great so far.

After Poland, France, the Lowlands and Norway; we mannaged to invade Turkey, Greece and Britain!!!!
We have all but one city on the island.

We started the invasion in Scotland, with a lot of fighters and flak we mannaged to counter the Royal Airforce. After that we could expand from Scotland to the south. A steady flow of German units to strengthen the front were needed in Britain. But after the fall of londen, 3 turns agoo, we know that soon Britain will be a weak colonial sheep.

The invasion of Turkey has been easy, but we did lose some plains during the proces. On the same time we invaded Greece and Switzerland with no difficulties. We have left the Turkish with one city bordering Russia. This way the big Turkish forts remain present, a small buffer for future wars.

From Turkey and Greece we have pushed further down south. We took the Middle East and Egypt, but now we wait for a big African/Asian invasion.

First we must take on Russia!
The plan is to Blitz our way to the East, we have a small force in Norway thet will help Finland, but they need time to build up some more.
Also on the list are: Sweden and Spain.
Spain has an invasion force ready, but Sweden is still save for now.

The British island will be used for the construction of a navy, nothing else!!!
While i'm a bit behind on technologie, i see nothing that could stand in the German way.

The Japanese are doing okey in the East, but their real test will come during the Russian War. They have taken Dutch Harbour by my surprise :D
The Chinese are also under heavy attacks from my allies.

As Always Italy is the weak link in the Axis. They have lost all but the two northen city's in Africa. And are under bombardments from the Allies.

I will post some screanies if you guys want to ;-)

Greetz,

The Loser

So far I've been a big lurker here on this thread, but been playing this scenario for at least 2 years quite alot.

Never played Italy before, so started one on Demigod level.

Haven't really noted progression on a weekly basis, its week 44 1940 now and the situation from the major powers is as follows:

Germany:
Wiped out France, took them a while however. In war atm with denmark / norway (denmark razed).
I doubt the Germans (or Finland) will make a serious attempt to take norway however.

Soviet:
Been pretty quiet, no wars until 2 weeks ago, when they declared war on Sweden. Starting to become a bit worried already, since they've been building a nice army now.

USA:
Nothing much, haven't seen them taking 1 city at all, only activity is sending their complete fleet in batches into the mediterranean sea.

Japan:
They've been quite busy with China, they've been hammering Comm-china for a while now and only 1 city left before Comm-china is whiped out.
The other china however is almost untouched, Japan finally managed to get Hong Kong (took them only about 1 year :))
Other then that, nothing much, they haven't even taken the philippines!

Brittain:
They've been holding onto everything they started with, but they have lost countless ships, they seem to be sending them in small groups, easy preys for my few capitol ships.

Italy (me):
I had a very hard time in Africa, all units the french and brittish sended, where way better. Only tactic I had was wait in the city, redline bomb them and finally take over with my MRD.
The sea battle in the mediterranean is about over, but took a very long time before I can finally say that.
Managed to take over some French cities in north africa, up until Casablanca, however I am a bit stretched atm.

In europe I managed to take Yugoslavia in 5 turn, was very lucky they didnt attack me, cause otherwise Germany would "help" and I wont have the much needed cities!
------------------

Week 44 1940:
Brittain sends 2 transports with 4!!!! KGV ships near gibraltar. My force near Gibralar consists of 3 BB's and 5 Heavy cruisers, this could mean trouble!
Besides that, they still have 2 BB's with a transport between Cagliari / Palermo, wich I will have to face someday.
Also the americans send some cruisers near gibraltar (wich is razed by the germans btw), both heavy and light, but they wont be a real threat.

My war with Greece is going ok, but its slow. I've garrisoned a few united to block the germans from 'helping'. :)

On a side note:
Italy has been very hard to play for me. Research is still on 40/turns. I can't build more Battleships (and I really need them to face the KGV's they brittish keep sending). My ground forces are laughable, 5 or 7 in attack doesn't do much against any defender.
But, even though its hard, it keeps me focussed at least, but I feel that if I make only 1 or 2 big mistakes, I am out of the war (at least in Africa).

Italy Week 45 1940:
Switched around with my production queues a bit. Now I'm building:
2x Heavy Artilery
1x MRD
1x infantry
1x Breda (bomber)
1x worker
(Other cities building improvements)
I just feel I need those cruisers to bomb the KGV's and the bomber to redline the many infantry wandering around in Italian Africa.

Managed to destroy a few american ships, including a light cruiser, transport and 3 heavy cruisers.
A few submarines lost during this attack, since I had to save my larger ships for the 4 KGV the brittish have in the area.
But, to my dismay, the brittish have sended another KGV with a transport, not only that, but the Americans have now also sended 3 battleships near Gibraltar.

This feels like I dont have a chance to properly defend my mediterranean.
Am I now fighting the full naval power of both america and brittain?

Was in greece is going ok still, managed to counter the 8x infantry they have sended towards Tirana, now my offense can finally begin!

Managed to destroy the 3 US Battleships, but the 4 KGV's with 2 transports are still intact and steaming towards Italy!

Below the KGVs :eek:

Trouble in east africa (continuous):

Campaign in Greece:

Italy Week 46 1940:
During AI turn an american BB attacked a damaged BB of mine, luckily I survived, they are imperative!
It feels I can barely hold, no mistakes are allowed atm, or I loose the war in the mediterranean!

The 2 transports unload near Cagliari, 1x marine wich is defeated and 1 Matilda tank. Hoping the fleet will go away now, so I can build up my defences.

Italy Week 47 1940:
During AI turn even more ships pop-up near Gibraltar, massive stack of US subs and at least 1 carrier.

Manage to destroy 1 matilda near Cagliari, but still not safe with all the transport around.

Italy Week 48 1940:
Managed to destroy a zillion US subs, good for promoting my own subs :) and took down the carrier as well.
Destroyed 2x transports on their way to Cagliari, but still 1 Matilda next to Cagliari, wich I cant destroy atm. Hoping it wont do too much dmg.
Took Athens after heavy bombing, now having to wait till my transport arrives to take down Crete and take Greece out of the game.
The 4x KGV's are now going towards Malta for some reason, interested to see what they are up to.

Italy Week 49 1940:
The Matilda killed a MRD near Cagliari but is destroyed in my counter attack. Cagliari seems safe now with no transports around.
The KGV's are now continueing eastwards, likely to Suez.

Italy week 50 1940:
US keeps sending his subs to be butchered, AI isn't getting smarter. :)
Just noticed Japan has been on quite some campain last 4 weeks or so, taking Kweilin, Liuzhou and Chang-sha. Now I just want them to put pressure on the Pacific to give me some slack.
Even though we are at war with Norway for many weeks (months), norway is still intact.

Italy week 51 1940:
A very big Brittish uprise near Bisciara, wich looks very disturbing:
2 South African infantry, 4 Brittish infantry, 1 Cruiser MK1, all in striking distance, while I only have:
1 garrison, 2x infantry (conscript!) and 3x Breda bombers.

Only option is to hit the strongest ones with my bombers and hoping for a retreat (losing Bisciara means no oil for me).

WOW! The wonder in Zagreb auto-builds infantry for me, now I finally have a 'decent' infantry with 8:10:1 strength, big improvement compared to my current infantry of 5:8:1.

Italy week 52 1940:
The brittish dont seem to be scared by my bombing and still attack Bisciara, but I must have an angel or something, they kill both my infantry, but the garrison is elite now and lives on. My relief force can now take over the defence.
Small surprise attack on Mogadishu however, 1 infantry killed.
4 Brittish KGV's on their way again (to Cagliari?) with transports, guessing they went to alexandria to pick up a new force.

Italy week 1 1941:
Another US fleet near Gibraltar, 1 transporter with 1 BB and some destroyers, all destroyed ofcourse.
Mogadishu is attacked again, only way to safe it will be rush buying. :|
Crete has been liberated, greece is no more! hurray!

Italy week 2 1941:
Began to ship my Greece troups to Tobruk for a massive Egypt campaign, time to end the trouble the Brittish kept causing there.

Italy week 3 1941:
Transports sighted from US and Brittain, combined with another 2 KGV near Gibraltar, will they ever stop?

Italy week 4 1941:
My 4 bombers at Bisciara keep it safe it seems, bombing all approaching units and they retreat again. However, I wont be able to do this for long, so my offense in Egypt must start soon!
Addis Abeba seems to be lost, 6 Brittish infantry gathering around.

Italy week 5 1941:
I forgot Addis Abeba has 2x special fortress, but still alot of pressure, now they also divide their troups to the other 2 cities in east africa.

Italy week 6 1941:
They didnt divide their troops, but ran to Mogadishu instead, only 1 garrison left, nothing much I can do. I'll try to hold Caluula though.

Italy week 7 1941:
My garrison holded against 1 more attack.... who knows?
Siege of alexandria started.
Meanwhile Japan took care of China, both China's have 1 city left now.
Russia almost managed to take out Sweden completely.
Japan finally took Manila. :)

Italy week 8 1941:
Major breakthrough, captured Alexandria with my units from the greek war.

Italy week 9 1941:
Sweden has been destroyed by the soviets.
Started bombing Suez.

Hakkie, you are actually doing quite well for a vanilla Italian position. I used the Italian position for playtesting some of my pet theories of this MOD last year. Though I haven't tried v2.5 yet, I found the Italian position to be challenging but not impossible even at deity level with some small personal modifications (see page 367 post 7336.) The key is still to have the Italian navy control the Med. Sea.

Rocoteh -
After the holidays, and getting hung up with real-world concerns (Work sucks!), I'm back to my 2.4 game as Japan.
I continue to push into Australia - I control it all except the southeastern corner - Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Broken Hill, and Hobart. Again, the logistics of building and moving troops into Australia, while building and stockpiling for the assault on the US, plus fighting the USSR, is a real impediment to finishing Australia.
Norway-Denmark foolishly declared war on the Soviets, and were crushed in three turns by the Red Army.
The Soviets have pulled their armor out of Asia, and I'm assuming back to Europe. In the last round of the Soviet-Axis war, my European partners fared very badly - Finland is down to 4 cities (not counting Gorki, which they somehow still hold???), and the Germans have lost all previously-held Soviet cities except Brest-Litovsk.
As a result, I made huge gains, across the board, against the Soviets before the most recent truce.
I think my game will enter the endgame stage soon - it's just a matter of time in Australia, and I've marshalled about half the forces I want, before taking on the Americans, at San Diego.
I hope to report more in a week or so.

somdnole,

I think you have achieved very good results in this playtest.

When Japan is AI-controlled it will never manage to get control over
Australia.
AI in Civ 3 can not fight sustained amphibious campaigns and that is
for sure a real problem.

It will be interesting to hear how the invasion of the American West Coast
turns out.

Thank you and welcome back with more reports.

Rocoteh

The Loser,

"The Blitzkrieg has been great so far.

After Poland, France, the Lowlands and Norway; we mannaged to invade Turkey, Greece and Britain!!!!
We have all but one city on the island.

We started the invasion in Scotland, with a lot of fighters and flak we mannaged to counter the Royal Airforce. After that we could expand from Scotland to the south. A steady flow of German units to strengthen the front were needed in Britain. But after the fall of londen, 3 turns agoo, we know that soon Britain will be a weak colonial sheep."
The Loser

Very good I think, since in version 2.5 its much harder to conquer
the British homeland compared to earlier versions.

"From Turkey and Greece we have pushed further down south. We took the Middle East and Egypt, but now we wait for a big African/Asian invasion.

First we must take on Russia!
The plan is to Blitz our way to the East, we have a small force in Norway thet will help Finland, but they need time to build up some more.
Also on the list are: Sweden and Spain.
Spain has an invasion force ready, but Sweden is still save for now."
The Loser

Yes it should be good idea to turn against the East now before
Russias forces become to huge.

"The British island will be used for the construction of a navy, nothing else!!!
While i'm a bit behind on technologie, i see nothing that could stand in the German way."
The Loser

Sounds like good idea.

"The Japanese are doing okey in the East, but their real test will come during the Russian War. They have taken Dutch Harbour by my surprise
The Chinese are also under heavy attacks from my allies.

As Always Italy is the weak link in the Axis. They have lost all but the two northen city's in Africa. And are under bombardments from the Allies."
The Loser

Agree.
Furthermore Japan-AI seldom will work well.

Rocoteh

Hakkie,

Thank you for the reports.

"So far I've been a big lurker here on this thread, but been playing this "scenario for at least 2 years quite alot.
Hakkie

I am glad to hear that you still think the scenario is worth to play.
More then 3 years have now passed since I launched WW2-Global.

"Never played Italy before, so started one on Demigod level."
Hakkie

Italy on Demigod level must be very hard.

"Haven't really noted progression on a weekly basis, its week 44 1940 now and the situation from the major powers is as follows:

Germany:
Wiped out France, took them a while however. In war atm with denmark / norway (denmark razed).
I doubt the Germans (or Finland) will make a serious attempt to take norway however.

Soviet:
Been pretty quiet, no wars until 2 weeks ago, when they declared war on Sweden. Starting to become a bit worried already, since they've been building a nice army now."
Hakkie

A Soviet invasion of Germany is probably not far away.

"USA:
Nothing much, haven't seen them taking 1 city at all, only activity is sending their complete fleet in batches into the mediterranean sea.

Japan:
They've been quite busy with China, they've been hammering Comm-china for a while now and only 1 city left before Comm-china is whiped out.
The other china however is almost untouched, Japan finally managed to get Hong Kong (took them only about 1 year )
Other then that, nothing much, they haven't even taken the philippines!"
Hakkie

Now and then I have considered to make one Civ of China and
Communist-China, however that would increase the problem with Japan-AI.

"Brittain:
They've been holding onto everything they started with, but they have lost countless ships, they seem to be sending them in small groups, easy preys for my few capitol ships."
Hakkie

Its typical for AI to waste its naval forces that way.

"Italy (me):
I had a very hard time in Africa, all units the french and brittish sended, where way better. Only tactic I had was wait in the city, redline bomb them and finally take over with my MRD.
The sea battle in the mediterranean is about over, but took a very long time before I can finally say that.
Managed to take over some French cities in north africa, up until Casablanca, however I am a bit stretched atm."
Hakkie

Very good that you managed to defeat the huge allied naval forces.

"Week 44 1940:
Brittain sends 2 transports with 4!!!! KGV ships near gibraltar. My force near Gibralar consists of 3 BB's and 5 Heavy cruisers, this could mean trouble!
Besides that, they still have 2 BB's with a transport between Cagliari / Palermo, wich I will have to face someday.
Also the americans send some cruisers near gibraltar (wich is razed by the germans btw), both heavy and light, but they wont be a real threat.

My war with Greece is going ok, but its slow. I've garrisoned a few united to block the germans from 'helping'."
Hakkie

A good move!

"On a side note:
Italy has been very hard to play for me. Research is still on 40/turns. I can't build more Battleships (and I really need them to face the KGV's they brittish keep sending). My ground forces are laughable, 5 or 7 in attack doesn't do much against any defender.
But, even though its hard, it keeps me focussed at least, but I feel that if I make only 1 or 2 big mistakes, I am out of the war (at least in Africa)."
Hakkie

Playing Italy on this level is hard, very hard.

"Italy Week 45 1940:
Switched around with my production queues a bit. Now I'm building:
2x Heavy Artilery
1x MRD
1x infantry
1x Breda (bomber)
1x worker
(Other cities building improvements)
I just feel I need those cruisers to bomb the KGV's and the bomber to redline the many infantry wandering around in Italian Africa."
Hakkie

A good production-strategy I think.
Artillery-units will give a human player an edge since AI can not
use artillery in a relevant way.

"Managed to destroy a few american ships, including a light cruiser, transport and 3 heavy cruisers.
A few submarines lost during this attack, since I had to save my larger ships for the 4 KGV the brittish have in the area.
But, to my dismay, the brittish have sended another KGV with a transport, not only that, but the Americans have now also sended 3 battleships near Gibraltar."
Hakkie

2 transports with 4 escorts is typical AI-strategy.

"This feels like I dont have a chance to properly defend my mediterranean.
Am I now fighting the full naval power of both america and brittain?"
Hakkie

Hopefully not!

"Italy Week 46 1940:
During AI turn an american BB attacked a damaged BB of mine, luckily I survived, they are imperative!
It feels I can barely hold, no mistakes are allowed atm, or I loose the war in the mediterranean!

The 2 transports unload near Cagliari, 1x marine wich is defeated and 1 Matilda tank. Hoping the fleet will go away now, so I can build up my defences."
Hakkie

AI really like raids!

"Italy week 50 1940:
US keeps sending his subs to be butchered, AI isn't getting smarter.
Just noticed Japan has been on quite some campain last 4 weeks or so, taking Kweilin, Liuzhou and Chang-sha. Now I just want them to put pressure on the Pacific to give me some slack.
Even though we are at war with Norway for many weeks (months), norway is still intact."
Hakkie

I doubt Germany-AI will be able to occupy Norway.

"Italy week 51 1940:
A very big Brittish uprise near Bisciara, wich looks very disturbing:
2 South African infantry, 4 Brittish infantry, 1 Cruiser MK1, all in striking distance, while I only have:
1 garrison, 2x infantry (conscript!) and 3x Breda bombers.

Only option is to hit the strongest ones with my bombers and hoping for a retreat (losing Bisciara means no oil for me).

WOW! The wonder in Zagreb auto-builds infantry for me, now I finally have a 'decent' infantry with 8:10:1 strength, big improvement compared to my current infantry of 5:8:1."
Hakkie

Yes the Croatia forces can be of great value when one play Italy.

"Italy week 2 1941:
Began to ship my Greece troups to Tobruk for a massive Egypt campaign, time to end the trouble the Brittish kept causing there."
Hakkie

A good idea I think.

"Italy week 3 1941:
Transports sighted from US and Brittain, combined with another 2 KGV near Gibraltar, will they ever stop?"
Hakkie

I guess there will be at least 5-6 more invasion forces.

"Italy week 7 1941:
My garrison holded against 1 more attack.... who knows?
Siege of alexandria started.
Meanwhile Japan took care of China, both China's have 1 city left now.
Russia almost managed to take out Sweden completely.
Japan finally took Manila."
Hakkie

Both China and Communist-China almost wiped out by Japan-AI.
A real surprise!

"Italy week 8 1941:
Major breakthrough, captured Alexandria with my units from the greek war."
Hakkie

An important victory.

Rocoteh

Hakkie, you are actually doing quite well for a vanilla Italian position. I used the Italian position for playtesting some of my pet theories of this MOD last year. Though I haven't tried v2.5 yet, I found the Italian position to be challenging but not impossible even at deity level with some small personal modifications (see page 367 post 7336.) The key is still to have the Italian navy control the Med. Sea.

I'd have to agree with that, played with Germany, USA, Soviet, Japan, England and even brazil when I was suicidal, but Italy feels like the hardest actually (or would that be France?).
Control of the med.sea is important indeed, but not easy when one can't build BB's and for example the USA is taking all his ships to you (and I mean his pacific fleet as well!)

Now and then I have considered to make one Civ of China and
Communist-China, however that would increase the problem with Japan-AI.
If you ask me, I won't vote for such a change, since it indeed would mean a Japan who wont be able to expand.
For example. the only change I made to the original map was taking 2 troops out of Hong-Kong and even then Japan wasn't taking it for a incredible long time.

Besides, the 2 China's are historically quite correct since at that time they where in civil war, but just ceased fire (most of the time) to fight their common enemy: Japan. (so its open to debate whether someone wants both china's in war with each other, but 1 nation wont be correct I think)

In case you want to free up another civ-spot, I'd rather merge Holland with Belgium (even though I am dutch myself), it won't change gameplay at all I think.

If you ask me, I won't vote for such a change, since it indeed would mean a Japan who wont be able to expand.
For example. the only change I made to the original map was taking 2 troops out of Hong-Kong and even then Japan wasn't taking it for a incredible long time.

Besides, the 2 China's are historically quite correct since at that time they where in civil war, but just ceased fire (most of the time) to fight their common enemy: Japan. (so its open to debate whether someone wants both china's in war with each other, but 1 nation wont be correct I think)

In case you want to free up another civ-spot, I'd rather merge Holland with Belgium (even though I am dutch myself), it won't change gameplay at all I think.

Hakkie,

Right now I do not plan any changes with regard to the Civs in WW2-Global.

As you say the 2 China's are historically correct and its for that reason
I abstained from changing this in the current version of the scenario.

Rocoteh

All -
Help! I'm having a problem that I hope somebody can at least explain to me, if not give me some idea how to correct it -
I'm playing a Version 2.4 game, at Warlord, as Japan. My Civ 3:Conquests is patched to v1.22.
Two issues - one, a nuisance, the second a real problem -
First, at the end of each turn, the game seems to 'stick' or hang up, and it can take 1 or 2 minutes after I hit ENTER or the spacebar for the turn to move forward. Not a killer, but a nuisance.
Second - only a few of my cities are producing units! All the Japanese 'home island' cities, plus Korea, Dalian, and the nearest former Soviet cities are actually producing units. Every city produces improvements (barracks, etc) just fine, but only a handful of cities is actually producing military units (or even workers). I get the pop-up in each city that SAYS a unit has been produced, but no unit appears.

I'm all the way up to Week 11 in 1945, so I'll be freakin' sick if somehow I have to try to finish out the game in this state.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks!

PS -
I'm sure that if I download 2.5, I won't be able to play my saved 2.4 game at the higher version, right?

Top Bottom