WW2 Westeurope 1940 - 1945

WW2 Westeurope 1940 - 1945 1.5

Hunterkiller

Chieftain
Hello Civ3- Community,

This is the Thread for my WW2 Westeurope 1940 - 1945 Scenario. Feedback and Advices would be very nice & helpful for me.

USA, GB, Canada and German Empire = Strong
France, Benelux, Ireland and Switzerland = Weak

Updates:
Update 1.1: New Civilizations (Canada & Switzerland), More Units (Tanks & Bombers)
Update 1.2: All Units are amphibious / Reduced the Amount of Cities (10) / French Résistance
Update 1.3: USA is part of the Allies now / Renewed a lot of Units
Update 1.4: More Units / New Leaderheads / New Technology (Tank Destroyers)
Update 1.5: New Civilization (Waffen-SS), More Units (French Tanks & Bombers), Bigger Map, New Tech Icons

Special Thanks to:
Wyrmshadow (Units), Delta_Strife (Units), AnthonyBoscia (Units), Gwendoline (Units), Angelle (Leaderheads), TopGun (Tech Icons), Vuldacon (Resources), Ares de Borg (Units / Tech Icons) and Snoopy (Terrain Graphics).

Especially Delta_Strife, who created a brandnew Crusader-Tank for this Scenario!

Moderator Action: Scenario & Units files combined into one CFC download on resource page - Blake00
Scenario Download Link:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ww2-westeurope-1940-1945.26346/

Civ3-Noraze-Exe-File:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327919

Snoopy's Terrain Graphics:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/snoopys-terrain-graphics-v4-5-for-civ3-conquests-c3c.68702/

Have Fun! :)

Last edited:
Hunterkiller, it´s always great if we get a new ambitious WW2 scenario. :)

I want to help you with this post, as you have uploaded a working scenario, so you have "hidden" all your information about your work in this thread.
So here is the link to your download link :D: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ww2-westeurope-1940-1945.26346/

And here are your screenshots about your scenario, hidden in your download post:

WW2 WE-2.jpg

I haven´t played your scenario yet, but it looks interesting, so the building messages (of axis and allied special buildings) for the minor civs at the start of your scenario are somewhat annoying and I do not think this is intended. Otherwise it seems to be a fresh view of a part of WW 2.

As this scenario is playable, I think the correct place for your work would be in the Civ 3 scenarios forum.

Attachments

• WW2 WE-3.jpg
    WW2 WE-3.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 1,810
  • WW2 WE-4.jpg
    WW2 WE-4.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 1,795
  • WW2WE-5.jpg
    WW2WE-5.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 1,784
Last edited:
Thank you Balthasar & Civinator for your help & feedback. I fixed all these mistakes in my scenario!

As requested I've combined your separate scenario & units downloads together into one, recompressed it to shave off some more size, and uploaded to CFC. Have PM'd you the CFC download link to update your download page with. Remember to get rid of your old units download from this thread too or it will confuse people. Feel free to chuck me another PM when you need to upload a new version in the future mate. :)

Sigh... RIP Balthasar. He was a good man.

Moderator Action: Linked to the Downloads Database entry .

@4mopdai , this is the thread to report issues with this scenario. The "Report" button sends a message to the CFC staff, not the creator of the scenario. The staff can sometimes fix broken links, particularly if it's a non-working link to somewhere on civfanatics.com or civfanatics.net, but for issues with the scenario after it's downloaded, the forum thread is the proper place to post about it. Welcome to the forums! :band:

The problem reported is:

4mopdai said:
Scenario doesn't work. The problem is with Sound Files\BritishBomber\Build.flc

I wonder if the updated link mentioned by Blake00 ever got posted? Going by the History tab in the Downloads Database my guess is it didn't. So maybe there's already a version that fixes that issue?

lol okaaaay... that's interesting.. I was just about to post about recently chatting with @Hunterkiller about adding his latest fixes and updating the FTP download copy and then also fixing his download resource page links etc.. and judging by the above post which I did NOT make apparently the site auto posts resource updates to it's associated project thread now lol! Kinda cool although I had to temporarily take control of Hunters download to fix the download link and then give it back to him so the above project update was posted under my account instead of his.

Oh well I guess it's done the work for me.. as I was going to say "hey guys, new update" lol! Hunter has hopefully fixed the Sound Files\BritishBomber\Build.flc issue now. Also I've combined his separate units and scenario files into one download on his resource page here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/ww2-westeurope-1940-1945.26346/

Last edited:
How do I get the biq to pick up the correct scenario file, rather than the standard Conquests defaults?

Edit Note: I figured it out.

The naval units combat value definitely need a lot of work. There were significant difference between each nations ships.

Last edited:
Given the somewhat tense relationship of the WaffenSS and the German Army, is it possible for them to declare war on each other? I have not checked the scenario on this as yet.

I am looking the scenario over, and I will be making some comments. Eventually, I will post a biq file with my changes.

First, Locked Alliances.

In May of 1940, Great Britain, including Canada, and France were in Alliance against Germany.
The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, and Switzerland were all neutral.
The United States was supporting Great Britain and France, but was neutral at the time.
Ireland and Switzerland never were involved in World War 2 as combatants.

Next, what does a Naval Mine do? Does it attack all naval units that enter the tile?

The United States started building the B-17 in 1935, and the B-24 was in the process of being sold to Great Britain. Realistically, the US should start with at least the Medium Bomber Tech and Naval Tactics. The US Navy at the time was the largest in the world, and rapidly becoming larger.

Are you requiring 20 cities to support one army for a specific reason? Given that, the US will support only ONE army for the entire game.

Last edited:
Thank you for your Feedback, Timerover51.

First, Locked Alliances.

In May of 1940, Great Britain, including Canada, and France were in Alliance against Germany.
The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, and Switzerland were all neutral.
The United States was supporting Great Britain and France, but was neutral at the time.
Ireland and Switzerland never were involved in World War 2 as combatants.
In this Scenario the USA almost always attacked and conquered neutral Ireland, that's why Ireland is Part of the Allies. The same Thing would happen if the Benelux-Countries would be neutral in this Scenario.

Switzerland is neutral, has a strong Defense and can't be attacked by the USA, because it's to far away.

The Behavior of the USA in this Scenario was a big Problem, they prefered to attack weak & neutral Countries and not the German Empire. I'm sorry.

If the USA is not Part of the Allies, they attack Canada, Great Britain, et cetera.

Next, what does a Naval Mine do? Does it attack all naval units that enter the tile?
The Naval Mine is a strong Defensive unit, without Movement. It blockades the Saint-Lawrence-River against german Warships / U-Boats and the North Sea against Allied Warships.

The United States started building the B-17 in 1935, and the B-24 was in the process of being sold to Great Britain. Realistically, the US should start with at least the Medium Bomber Tech and Naval Tactics. The US Navy at the time was the largest in the world, and rapidly becoming larger.
The USA starts weak in this Scenario, but they build up military Strength fast. I made this on Purpose, so that the USA can't stop the german Offense at the Start of the Scenario.

Are you requiring 20 cities to support one army for a specific reason? Given that, the US will support only ONE army for the entire game.
That's a good Point, I should lower the Number of Cities to support 1 Army to 10.

Last edited:
I will just mod the scenario the way that seems fit to me, and not bother you any more then.

Top Bottom