WWI Scenario

Heavy fighting continues outside Venice through drenching storms and thunder. Slowly but surely the Italians are pushed back closer to their lagoon. Ragged trench lines extend from the village of Vittorio Veneto, through Conegliano, south to the Italian town of Treviso, all the way to the coast. Both sides funnel fresh troops into the battle. However, the simple fact is that the Austria-Hungarians have more troops and guns, along with air superiority. The Italians are just buying time with the lives of thousands of their men.

On the 12th of May, 1903 a jubilant Emperor Franz Joseph takes a trip to the front. He spends four days consulting with his generals and passing out medals to the men. Venice will fall it is just a matter of time now. His thoughts remain resolute on that one goal. To show the world that Austria-Hungary can fight and can win through to victory. Messages also come through about the loss of Cumae in North Africa. His troops had been driven back out of the city with heavy losses, by land and sea forces. By know means is he disheartened. The Italians will fall, in the end they will lose. Austria-Hungary is getting stronger while Italy slowly gets weaker.

Franz sends a new commander to Salzburg, North Africa, Colonel General Hans von Stradt. Von Stradt has risen steadily through the ranks. He is the premiere army theorist on desert warfare and cannot wait to apply those theories against the Italian Army. His plans call for a desert flanking force and combined arms tactics. Tanks will be employed in the desert for the first time.

I am going to try to learn how to change the triplane's intercept probability from 50 to 100 like a fighter. It seems the fighters in the scenario don't intercept for some reason. I love to see those dogfights and I don't remember seeing any interceptions at all.

Yo! Has there been any changes to the install instructions, I get very low stability and crashes, and I did install the other WWI modpack, without trying the mod without it, and I get checkered infantrymen. Should I not do it then?

Taneda Santôka;12531910 said:
Yo! Has there been any changes to the install instructions, I get very low stability and crashes, and I did install the other WWI modpack, without trying the mod without it, and I get checkered infantrymen. Should I not do it then?

If you have any recent unit graphics issues, such as a unit with no skin, use the following WWI mod info file. I had an issue with the Russian and Ottoman rifleman units. If anyone notices a unit not showing up properly, please let me know and I will fix it. Delete the WWI mod info file in the version 3.3 and replace with the latest WWI mod info file just posted.

The mod info file is in the OP, the download link is at the bottom of that first post.

This scenario will be getting updated at some point as soon as I can find the time to do it. Most likely I will begin after the Fall patch.

I am considering updating this scenario to BNW. Either that or I will create a new WWI scenario. Right now I am working on a Pacific War scenario so it will be awhile.

If anyone would like a reboot for this scenario, let me know.

Taneda Santôka;12533403 said:
here's the look of it

This won't happen in the new version. I use the RED modpack.

Here is the new End in WWI mod for BNW. The map still needs updating. I will also be using RED modpack for the unit graphics. So, I won't have to add all the units separately.

Attachments

• End in WWI (v 1).zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 173
I got the map to work with BNW. Let me adjust a few more things. This scenario is going to be awesome with trading and BNW.

The scenario seems to play ok. I have turned off religion, don't feel it is needed. So, all the religion buildings should be deleted or disabled. The AI seems to be building up a lot of faith.

I want to try to keep tourism, but we'll see how that goes as the game progresses.

This scenario has been updated for BNW. I have started a game, but have not played through fully. If you have any problems while playing let me know and I'll try to work it out. Download link is in the OP.

Nice, I'll have to try it!
Yes please do and let me know how it goes. There is a link for version 2 in the OP. I gave the Russians order ideology. The game seems better balanced ideology wise, that way. In my game as Austria, France and Russia both have order, which of course draws them closer together. I am not sure if France always chooses order though. Russia will because I wanted them too.

Also, I wanted to say one more thing. People have asked, why the lack of infrastructure in this scenario? I just like to build up and grow stronger by making those decisions myself. To me that is what Civilization has always been all about. My Pacific War scenario will be designed in the same way.

I crashed on turn 88, during end turn loading on Arabia's turn. Not sure what's up am looking into it.

Any updates?

I would really love a WWI scenario, so I'm wondering if this is now fully playable?
Also, is this not on Steam - have to utilize that zip file then?

edit: the zip file is not in the OP however; so is the one on this thread page the latest one?

Any updates?

I would really love a WWI scenario, so I'm wondering if this is now fully playable?
Also, is this not on Steam - have to utilize that zip file then?

edit: the zip file is not in the OP however; so is the one on this thread page the latest one?

I have reworked the scenario, just wanted to playtest before I posted the mod again. If you want to try it I'll post the mod here. I had to change the city states using starting locations, due to a bug that causes a crash. For the civs I have reorganized all social policies. If I find there are no more crashes or other issues, perhaps I'll post it on steam as well. In the meantime, if you try it out, please let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• WWIMapRedone (v 1).zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 195
Thank you Sir!

You uploaded the file just in time - I came from work and wanted to start a new scenario and here it is :)

I'll definitely let you know if I experience any issues - but most importantly, thank you for your work, I'm much looking forward to this.

I've been playing for ~50 turns now and I've seen no problems.
This is already a ton of fun! I just enjoy these realistic, historical games.

I've a couple of questions too: what difficulty level have you optimized this scenario for, nokmirt? I'm testing this on King now, and the only challenge would appear to be happiness. I'm guessing one has to rely heavily on social policies for happiness as there aren't many happiness buildings..

Then a thought on the realism dimension;
I'm aware these mods take a huge amount of time to develop, but could it be implemented somehow that the railroad tech would come earlier? I mean, in 1883 there was quite a lot of rail coverage already, so it would be more realistic if you were able to build rail from the start.. Also the successors for the wooden frigates and sotls - I can understand why you have locked out the battleships, but maybe a nerfed version could be allowed? Just lower the stats a bit and call it 'dreadnought class' or similar? As we know, wooden war ships were quickly made obsolete in the advent of steam engines and turret cannons.. Which is what was then used in WWI era. Just a thought ;)

Thank you for this mod! I'm really enjoying it!

edit: There seems to be one bug. I'm getting automated declaration of war and making peace - the civ I'm playing will DoW others and make peace with them randomly and without asking; the diplomatic conversation screen doesn't even pop up, I just get the 'beginning of a turn' notions on the RH side of my screen. Weird?

Top Bottom