• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful for IV - Discussion & Creation Diary

I don't think you can. It's better to leave Vichy as unplayable. It removes complexity and makes the mod files more aesthetic.
I have yet to see a mod which allowed factions to join in the middle of a game.

Doesn't Rhyes and Fall do a lot of that?
And I know that FfH2 adds civilizations in the middle of the game.(Infernals and mercurians)

I would say that a player should start as "France" then if Paris is taken they can choose to become "Vichy France" or to remain as "France" ie, Free France.
Steal the add a civ function from FfH2:Fire, pop the civ and script the appropriate cities and units to change ownership to Vichy.

But can you play those new civs in FfH?
Also, Vichy France does not neccessarily ever become into existence, if GBR/FRA does their job well. (If I did it the Rhye's way)

But choosing might be a good idea, if at all possible (which I doubt it is).

It is possible to add civilization in the middle of the game and switch to it, however, it almost certainly involves a lot of SDK. Maybe you can see if you can get that part of the FfH code and modify it for your needs.

Very nice mod here Paasky, I really like it. However there was one bug I came over playing as Norway-Denmark. Any resources I have access to on the mainland will not be available on Iceland or Greenland. For example you need Stone to build road right? Well, a worker on Iceland can't build any roads. And when I finally got a hold of some British Trade I could not build any units that required that on Iceland or Greenland because those cities didn't have access to this resource.

Something I'm overlooking / doing wrong? Bug?

Nope, I had forgot to add Ocean Tradeing for the Starting Tech, fixed it.

So, you're playing Norway-Denmark? Have you played past the summer of 1940? ;)

Btw, I just finished & bugfixed a 1940 scenario, which begins June 1st. If there are any other dates, or you would like to create a new scenario, PM me and I can accomodate your needs into the python file.

But can you play those new civs in FfH?
Also, Vichy France does not neccessarily ever become into existence, if GBR/FRA does their job well. (If I did it the Rhye's way)

But choosing might be a good idea, if at all possible (which I doubt it is).

Yes, they are playable when added.

As currently implemented in FfH2, the player gets to choose to take over the new civ if he/she desires, or to remain with the civ he/she had been.

It can be scripted to happen at any trigger, such as losing Paris.

It is SDK, but you wouldn't have to modify the code, just copy it.

So copy the required code changes into the source code for the one you are using, and comple a new dll.

Paasky-

OK I'm playing as Spain again. Here are the highlights and faults. .

1) Italy Germany in Perm. Alliance @week 2 Sept. (And then they sit and declare it almost every single turn after that too!)

2) Sept week 4 U.S.S.R. takes Lvov

3) Germany comences 'Fall Gelb' week 2 June 1940

4) U.S.S.R. annexes Baltic week 1 July.

5) As Spain I enter the war with Axis, but as soon as I do I loose trading with Germany, and Italy. And I think everyone else for that matter. Is this Because I am at war with France and they are my land connection to trade????

I take Gibraltar, and Tolouse, and Marseille. But I am low on mechinary so I cannot much more cities without more tanks and planes.

6). Germany is unable to take ANY city in West Europe. . .the date is Oct 1940.

1) I've fixed that one
2) Sounds good
3 & 4) Should happen. What about Norway?
5) Well, you should have a connection using the mediterranean to Italy. But if that route is blocked by french culture, yes, you are surrounded.
6) I noticed it too. I believe I have fixed it though.

Once I get the Yugoslavia events done, some broken code fixed & units rescaled, I'll have alpha4 ready! Note: It will be the last one before he full release. I'm hoping to get my own sub-forum in the
Civ4 - Project & Mod Development area.

1) I've fixed that one
2) Sounds good
3 & 4) Should happen. What about Norway?
5) Well, you should have a connection using the mediterranean to Italy. But if that route is blocked by french culture, yes, you are surrounded.
6) I noticed it too. I believe I have fixed it though.

Once I get the Yugoslavia events done, some broken code fixed & units rescaled, I'll have alpha4 ready! Note: It will be the last one before he full release. I'm hoping to get my own sub-forum in the
Civ4 - Project & Mod Development area.

3 & 4) Should happen. What about Norway? -Yes Norway too. But I do not remmeber what it was called.

5) Well, you should have a connection using the mediterranean to Italy. But if that route is blocked by french culture, yes, you are surrounded.-Belgium took Sardinia from Italy. I am not at War with Belgium, but I cannot get trade.

Another thing is it doesn't look like I am getting collateral damage from my Howitzers. . . Thats all I can think of for now.

I'm playing a game as Germany and having a fantastic time with it... I can't help but worry that a German AI would be unable to figure out how to go around the Maginot Line

The ML is practically impenetrable... which is probably how it should be... but does the AI understand how to go through the low countries?

regardless... this is an amazing scenario

5) Well, Italy is at war with them which means that their trade is blocked, even though yours isn't.

I have the same problem... I'll see what I can do about it.

Oh, wait. . .maybe that is a 'real' type of thing huh. . .? I wasn't trying to make you work harder.: )

doompigeon: Quite well actually :) It understands that attacking the line is suicide and doesn't do it. And I have an event where Germany will attack the Low countries, unless things are going really bad for them.

ottoman: That comment was about the howitzers ;)

Paasky- One more thing i've noticed that seems to be a problem.

I cannot land Macchi 202 on Aircraft Carrier. . . And Hungary is still not allied with the Axis. . .

thanks for the coool mod.

Top Bottom