• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

WWII Europe: Small, Fast & Beautiful for IV - Discussion & Creation Diary

That's because the Mc202 isn't a carrier plane. The only non-light fighter which can use carriers is the Spitfire.

I'll try to fix Hungary. Maybe the +100 & -100 relations code isn't working, so I might make a new event that makes HUN a vassal.

That's because the Mc202 isn't a carrier plane. The only non-light fighter which can use carriers is the Spitfire.

I'll try to fix Hungary. Maybe the +100 & -100 relations code isn't working, so I might make a new event that makes HUN a vassal.

Paasky- So you mean the Fiat and the Bf-109 can right?

Also might I suggest that Hungary be alied permanantly with Germany from the begining of Polish war. . .they were ceeded minor amounts of territory for their complacance with Poland and Checkoslovakia, which ofr the purposes of this game I think would translate to Permanent Alliance.

The Vassels are great but get broken often over culture score? I'm not sure if Russia is a bit too powerful. . .

Paasky- Ok I am still playing as Spain. I just took Paris, and then Lille. . .Vichy was created!!!! Great job! My question is since I was Spain and I had already taken Marseille, and Tolouse, and Vichy, and one on the west Bordeaux would Vichy France have received those cities??? Becuase the cities I (Spain) didn't take went to Germany. . .lol. AI Germany is pretty useless.

Yes, Vichy, Lyon, Marseilles & Toulouse go to Vichy. Everything else to GER.

The code that creates Vichy requires that Paris and Lille and any other French city or Tunis is not French.

Yes, Fiat & Bf109E can land on carriers. As can every other light fighter.

Allying Hungary... I'd rather make it a vassal, so it can join USSR if need be.

Russia is almost always too powerful. But not against a human Ger. I think I have devised a plan to make AI Ger much more efficient ;)

Paasky- I am noticing something here. . .

-Playing as Italy, and getting into Polish war with Germany, but no perm. alliance with Germnay. . .Have you been able to make perm. alliance with Italy when you played as Germeny???

Italy's perm alliance should kick in (event wise if required) via their invasion of the balkan region. Paasky's approach would seem correct in that Italy watched from the sidelines throughout the western 'blitz' period ;)

wiki:
After the German army defeated Poland, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and France, a jealous Mussolini decided to use Albania as a springboard to invade Greece. The Italians launched their attack on October 28, 1940, and at a meeting of the two fascist dictators in Florence, Mussolini stunned Hitler with his announcement of the Italian invasion. Mussolini counted on a quick victory, but the Greek army halted the Italian one in its tracks and soon advanced into Albania. The Greeks took Korçë and Gjirokastër and threatened to drive the Italians from the port city of Vlorë.

Italy's perm alliance should kick in (event wise if required) via their invasion of the balkan region. Paasky's approach would seem correct in that Italy watched from the sidelines throughout the western 'blitz' period ;)

wiki:
After the German army defeated Poland, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and France, a jealous Mussolini decided to use Albania as a springboard to invade Greece. The Italians launched their attack on October 28, 1940, and at a meeting of the two fascist dictators in Florence, Mussolini stunned Hitler with his announcement of the Italian invasion. Mussolini counted on a quick victory, but the Greek army halted the Italian one in its tracks and soon advanced into Albania. The Greeks took Korçë and Gjirokastër and threatened to drive the Italians from the port city of Vlorë.

lets not forget about June 1940:

10 June 1940,
The Fascist Government of Italy declares war on England and France, bringing to the battlefield 1.500.000 men including colonials, more than 1.700 aircraft and a worthy naval fleet of 6 capital ships, 19 cruisers, 59 destroyers, 67 torpedo-boats and 116 submarines. Fuel is in short supply and many of the of the personnel poorly trained; the Italian High Command has no fixed strategy of its own and is not being included in substantial policy discussions with Germany. Mussolini has not planned his war in any way; he wants to emulate Hitler but has little idea of the strategy planning and vast military production that has brought the germans to their present pre-eminence.
Italian troops invade France and bomb Malta for the first time. Malta is used as a bomber base for raids against Italy and Lybia, the aircraft used were Wellingtons.

Italy will join Germany once Italy has built enough troops. The reasons Italy did not join until after the Fall of France was because they were not strong enough for a big war.

In facts, Mussolini decided to enter the war when he saw that France and Britain were capitulating. He wanted to grab at least a piece of France before it was too late. The Italian Army wasn't powered up (nor better trained) in the nine months following September '39; in June '40 a lot of young men (my father among them) were simply declared "volunteers" and sent to the French Front.

By the way, I'm not an Alpha Tester. I'm looking forward for your mod to reach the Beta status, because it's really interesting. I'd rather name it "Small, Fast, Beautiful and Lovely". Keep on with your great work!

Well, as it's pretty hard to tell when the French are about to fall, I'll just link the Italy to Axis event to two things: Italy coming strong enough (in my games this has happened usually by Aug. 1940), or Vichy France being created (Italy wants a piece of the action).

I've also noticed that USSR likes to attack Romania around July 1940, I'll see what I can do to prevent that. Also, The vassalation of HUN, ROM & BUL need to be done, as well as the Yugoslav war (if ITA at war with GRE and YUG not giving Open Borders to ITA and GER = war or vassalation).

I do believe the next version will be a Beta, and result in me creating a new thread.

I think that in our search for realism sometimes we forget the limitations of the game mechanics. :(

- Realisticly Italy declared war on Britain, France etc..but did not participate directly in any of the campaigns.

- Game wise, to prevent Italy fighting too soon, the trigger for a perm alliance would occur after the western front camapigns...obviously to counter some 'unrealistic situations' and stay as close to real events. (This is an assumption as I myself have not played SF&B completely :blush: )

Its a catch 22 situation which we must all accept when playing scenarios in Civ 2,3 and 4. The other thing you need to keep in mind is that representing a perm alliance between Germany at the right time might make people feel all warm and fuzzy but does it make a difference when it comes to the game mechanics as opposed to creating the alliance later. ;)

EDIT: Of course this does not stop anyone playing that specific civ and going crazy breaking all historical rules :lol:

Paasky-Does America get convoys for the U.K. on this one?? Or will it? I liked that alot about the older version.:)

Paasky- Hello again. I hope I'm not submitting to many messages (just trying to add meaningful input). I have noticed that in every game when Soviets attack Finalnd, Finland gets exterminated or Vasseled with only one city. . .they in fact repelled the Soviets, so I am wondering if you think a code for if Soviets attack then Finland spawns (x) amount of defensive troops. Does that sound like a resonable way to counter Soviets?

I actually have Finland do this if Viipuri or Tampere falls. But as usual, the idiot AI does not know how to use it's troops, so I'll just spawn 2x more units for it...

If you play as Finland, defending is very easy. I even managed (just) to capture Kostamus. But that just pissed them off, and as they had started to really crank up the troops, I accepted their peace offering of giving Viipuri (they had a 20-unit stack next to it :()

Paasky- Im playing as France and everything is going well. Germany attacked first Norway, then Belgium. It never took any Beneleux territory though (I had a couple units there). I just took Italy out of the game and Russia declared war with me and received open borders from Germany. The funniest thing was Russia had three stacks of 20+ units various tanks and stuff and they threw them into Maginot line . . .NOT EVEN A DENT, lol. I think I will win when I take over Germany. My thought are that certain countries should be weaker. . .maybe -10% to Italy combat forces along with Turkey, Russia, and maybe even Spain. I am really having fun with this mod. When will the units be rescaled?

Turkey has a -10%, I will change Italy into -10%, and USSR starts at -20%, but by 1943 is at +10% ;)
Spain... Hmm, it does get very powerful later in the game, but it isn't that aggressive, is it? I'll think about it, after maybe playing a few games as Spain.

Top Bottom