Xbox..PS2...GC

Originally posted by Thrawn
I meant the playing cards Nintendo orignally started making before releasing their first console. They were these weird Japanese ones.

Yeah, I know. But that time has passed. I think during that time Sony was making cooking pots, although I'm not sure. Every company has their odd histories like that. ;)

Hehe, I dunno what Sony was making back then.

Originally posted by Silverflame
Chances are, half of you have skipped over this post and passed me off as a blind, ignorant Nintendo fanboy.

I'm in the other half. :cool:

I'm agreeing with Silverflame in this thread as I've heard the same things more than once. Nintendo is and has always made money off the GC, Microsoft has never made a profit from the XBOX, and Sony has sold enough to at the very least stay even.

An xbox is the only console I would never buy, simply because it has no games I want. I already have a ps2, and now that I can probably afford it, I'll probably get a gc so I can play the rogue squadron games. Wouldn't mind giving Zelda a go either.

And I'm sure there are people out there who would say I'm going to do stupid things by buying a gc because it sucks and has no good games. This is all a matter of opinion. You have yours, I have mine. These kinds of debates are always a matter of opinion, and can never end.

Yep, you sure are. :)

I think right now, the Gamecube is the ultimate secondary console for people with only an Xbox or PS2 looking for another system. It's only $99, and has plenty of great exclusives that are actually exclusive. There are games in every genre, just not that many RPGs compared to the PS2 and hardly any compared to the Xbox, but what games they have are really good. That's why it makes the best second system for someone to have.

As I said earlier, I would love a PS2 for FFXII alone except getting a console for one game is a waste, and I don't have time to play all of the other games on the PS2. Xbox would be just as nice, as Ninja Gaiden looks amazing. But, simply put, my heart is with Nintendo and the Gamecube, so I may as well stick with them to the end.

Hehe, I dunno what Sony was making back then.

I'm agreeing with Silverflame in this thread as I've heard the same things more than once. Nintendo is and has always made money off the GC, Microsoft has never made a profit from the XBOX, and Sony has sold enough to at the very least stay even.

An xbox is the only console I would never buy, simply because it has no games I want. I already have a ps2, and now that I can probably afford it, I'll probably get a gc so I can play the rogue squadron games. Wouldn't mind giving Zelda a go either.

And I'm sure there are people out there who would say I'm going to do stupid things by buying a gc because it sucks and has no good games. This is all a matter of opinion. You have yours, I have mine. These kinds of debates are always a matter of opinion, and can never end.

Personally, I don't care about the companies that make the consoles, or their money. All I want is a quality, well priced console with good graphics and a library of games I want to play.

On another note, I'd like to applaud everyone in getting this far without killing each other in a FLAMEwar... *applause*

Originally posted by FireBall
On another note, I'd like to applaud everyone in getting this far without killing each other in a FLAMEwar... *applause*

That's what you think... :evil:

Er... I mean, yes of course, it's suprising that we didn't start ranting like they do at GameFAQs... yeah. *applause*

Can you tell me how in the hell Sony is losing money? They sold 40,000,000 million more consoles than Nintendo! I don't see where the money would go... And, ah, they don't run their own game servers, so don't tell me that online play is costing them. It's not. Plain and simple. If a company wants to make an online game for PS2 they must have their own servers.

So... Tell me again why PS2 didn't win the Console Wars?

Originally posted by Xeven the God
Can you tell me how in the hell Sony is losing money?

So... Tell me again why PS2 didn't win the Console Wars?

I was wondering about that as well. Anyone know?

Wasn't it you who kept saying Sony was breaking even? If you don't know why this is, how can you keep saying that it is true?

Originally posted by KaNick
Wasn't it you who kept saying Sony was breaking even? If you don't know why this is, how can you keep saying that it is true?
He never said its true, he said that since XBox is losing money and GB is gaining money and sony is somewhere in the middle then they must at LEAST be breaking even.
I don't think I ever heard him say it was true, I think he said it was his best educated guess. (not exact words though)

Originally posted by Xeven the God
My bad... I'm not really sure what 'flash memory' is, could someone enlighten me?
I never heard the anwser to this question.
What are you talking about when you say flash memory? I hadn't heard that term before.

I haven't read this whole topic, but is there any real concept drawings for the DS? or anything more than the PSP pics that are everywhere.

Originally posted by Kefka
He never said its true, he said that since XBox is losing money and GB is gaining money and sony is somewhere in the middle then they must at LEAST be breaking even.
I don't think I ever heard him say it was true, I think he said it was his best educated guess. (not exact words though)

I'm sure he can answer himself.

Why do you think that Sony is in the middle then?

That was sarcasm, guys, of COURSE Sony is making a profit. They're making a huge profit. Just not as MUCH of a profit as Nintendo is making of the Gamecube. Never did I say Sony was losing money. I said that Sony would fit somewhere in the middle between Microsoft and Nintendo. Given the high sales of both hardware AND software, it would be safe to say that Sony is indeed making a profit. However, they are not making as much as a profit as Nintendo is, and part of the reason is because Sony is going online. This is why I say Sony is losing money from the online business.

Dabomb18359
I haven't read this whole topic, but is there any real concept drawings for the DS? or anything more than the PSP pics that are everywhere.

Nope, absolutely nil. But in almost exactly a week from today we will find out everything about the DS, the PSP, and everything software related. E3 2004 is coming in a week!

To build up E3 hype, SEGA is going to make a "huge" announcement as well. Rumor has it that SEGA is going to be merging with one of the current companies to make a... joint-console of some sort. No prizes for guessing who everyone thinks the merger is going to be with... although I REALLY want to get my hopes up, I'm a bit scared to.

http://www.gamedreamz.com/index.cgi?m=stories&s=read&id=1042

Please make it possible for Sonic to be in SSMB...please....

I'm not sure I believe that, but it would be interesting. I liked SEGA, and it would be cool if the got back into the industry.

I wonder, though... Would the console that SEGA help develop have the 'SEGA curse'? It could turn out to be a giant flop, like DreamCast.

Like I said: Only time will tell...

On another note; I can't wait for E3! So much more info on what's going on in the industry and... *drool* ... New Halo 2 screens. And... mmm... Delicious Final Fantasy XII news. Plus, we'll possibly learn more about the next gen consoles!

This is a great time to be a gamer... :D

Originally posted by Archer 007
:lol: You people put alot of stock into rumors.

That was my initial reaction, until I heard that the person who is spreading that rumor is usually really close to being correct. He predicted the death of Sega consoles a month before it was officially announced, and he was the first to predict the arrival of Sonic on the Gamecube.

Even though the prediction about a merging is a rumor, the actual big news coming from Sega at E3 is official. Now all we have to do is wait, and cross our fingers for the two former rivals to join up to make potentially one of the best consoles we may ever see.

Only one week left...

Top Bottom