YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
A compilation of new maps and script with culturally linked start location or True Starting Locations (TSL)

City Map (Real Name for cities on location) :
Installation :
Add-ons:
Credits:

known issues:
  • See this thread (read it before reporting bugs please !)
Bug reports

About patches between different versions of the game

• Sometime a patch for civ6 break the mod.
  • When it happens YnAMP has to be updated for the new patch, but this breaks the compatibility with previous version of the game.
  • This is a big problem for mac users as the latest version of the mod won't work for them until Aspyr manage to release the new patch.
  • On gitHub there is a commits section that you can browse (clicking on "<>") to get previous versions of the mod, check the dates of the last patch for your version of the game then download the YnAMP version that was released for it.

WARNINGS :

For all size above "Enormous", I'd suggest to lower the textures size in the video option and remove leaders animation as the game use almost all the 6GB of VRAM of my GPU.

Minimal configuration for the Ludicrous size:
- 8GB Ram
- a graphic card with more than 4GB of VRAM

Since the summer 2017 patch the Largest Earth can't be loaded at full size.

Since the Gathering Storm release patch, map sizes larger than "Enormous" will crash in late game (this also affect R&F and vanilla civ6)

Last edited:
TO DO:
Spoiler :

• add code to place new civ6 resources after importing a civ5 map
  • add option for importing resources with the civ5 quantity
  • add code to check for resource placement rule when importing
  • check whales and Pearls placement (could spawn too many in Mediterranean or Baltic seas on Giant / Largest Earth)
  • changes to Play Europe Again (2)
  • changes to Australia (multiple maps)
  • changes to Giant Earth (2)(3)(4)(and reshape Taiwan, remove land plot near Hanoi, add mountain/hills near Granada)
  • changes to Largest Earth (2)

How to change the max number of players in a multiplayer game (WARNING: completely unsupported !)
Spoiler :

Find and open StagingRoom.lua in "..Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Multiplayer"

Of course you should make a copy of that file before editing, but if something goes bad, you can use steam to restore the file.

Find and change the "12" value to what you want in this line:

Line 91
Code:
local MAX_EVER_PLAYERS : number = 12; -- hardwired max possible players in multiplayer, determined by how many players

then change line 1802 (they forgot to edit that one) from
Code:
    g_currentMaxPlayers = math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), 12);

to
Code:
    g_currentMaxPlayers = math.min(MapConfiguration.GetMaxMajorPlayers(), MAX_EVER_PLAYERS);

Now the limit is dependant of the map size, note that you can just search and change every lines with g_currentMaxPlayers (that's 13 lines) to, for an extreme example, something like that if you don't want to care about the map's own limit:
Code:
    g_currentMaxPlayers = 60;

Remember that when there are more civs than possible starting positions, some will not spawn on the map.

How to launch the in game World Builder to edit one of YnAMP map using the firetuner
Spoiler :

assuming that you have installed the SDK for civ6:

1. see How to launch the ingame worldbuilder
  2. choose "new map"
  3. select one of YnAMP map and start game
Note that YnAMP TSL won't work with a WB map.

Last edited:
I could launch a game, I lowered my setting as advised, it's a bit long to load but it's smooth in game and between turns, I tried Giant and all civ for now
What "Culturally Linked" means exactly? as France I started somewhere in Siberia for what I've explored so far :lol:

Also what about Natural Wonders? does they have random placement? (didn't find one so far)
and continent have random names

Could you teach us how to install the mod? I have some difficulty installing it, thanks!

Could you teach us how to install the mod? I have some difficulty installing it, thanks!

To install it go to your Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder and look for "Mods" one, by default it's in "C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"
In "Mods" folder put the YnAEMP folder then launch the game, go to "Additional content" and activate YnAEMP
Launch a game in "Single player" as OP said and that's it

I could launch a game, I lowered my setting as advised, it's a bit long to load but it's smooth in game and between turns, I tried Giant and all civ for now
What "Culturally Linked" means exactly? as France I started somewhere in Siberia for what I've explored so far :lol:

Also what about Natural Wonders? does they have random placement? (didn't find one so far)
and continent have random names
'
It means that culturally similar civs should start near each other. With the current civ list, it's only really applicable to European civs anyway.

Love this! Would like a mapsize between Huge and Giant though..
And i did manually edit your mapsizes to have 12 natural wonders instead of 8, i do like a bit more of a density on such huge maps.

An 'Enormous' map between Huge and Giant would be a good addition. Love the addition of the Ludicrous size. I'll have to try that out some time. Wonder how long it would take for me to finish a domination game in Ludicrous though. :D

Have tried it a couple of times, is there a setting to ensure true start locations? Have been playing Teddy and I have not hit the America's once. Otherwise, incredible map!

Wow, this map is truly beautiful. Just started a game with Rome and got placed on the island which is Borneo near Australia, and it was a legendary start. Rome is already over 19 population and has all the district built as well as a ton of luxury resources on the island. The size of this map is huge, just done about 100 turns and so far, with 5 explorers auto searching, I have only uncovered Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, India, and part of Persia. I also noticed that the game didn't lag or slow down despite the large map size, something which was not the case with Civ 5. Great map! Look forward to more.

The is causing a issue with Horses. If i build horses resources once it is built it will automatically build horsemen in my cities. If i use the default map i don't have the problem.

The is causing a issue with Horses. If i build horses resources once it is built it will automatically build horsemen in my cities. If i use the default map i don't have the problem.
That's from another mod.

Haven't you read the fill changelog of the other mod ?

It's a feature...

Couple questions for those of you trying out these bigger maps.

Do the increased load times for the bigger map sizes occur only during the initial loading of the map, or also between turns?

What are turn times like during later eras?

I expect some increase in turn processing times, but if it's anything like CiV then it's almost pointless to play on bigger maps. Even people with high-end rigs had their games slow down to a crawl during the later eras.

Map looks really nice from what I can see, Gedemon. How are you incorporating cliffs into your maps?

I've not looked at cliffs or natural wonders (reef may be in, not checked) yet

New resources is another issue to look at.

About performance here are some data from my test in autoplay on the 230x115 map size with 32 civs (continent, standard time):

total time to reach turn 240 : 03h30, 1 turn takes ~2mn at this point
total time to reach turn 475 : 14h30, 1 turn takes ~4mn at this point

Top Bottom