YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

@Gademon
Look's like "Terra map for YnAMP" script generating very low amount of strategic resources. On enormous map size with "standard" setting for resources, I don't have any Iron on whole NA (I will move my game forward to check how will look amount of rest res). Is it normal or should be fixed? How I can increase generating strategic resources?

On second game I have some iron but one oil resource for whole NA, second nearest was on east Asia.
In GS one oil give +3 Oil on sizes above normal it's very hard to unkeep modern army and electricity. : )

Hi Gedemon, I am a big fan of your mods for years now! My apology to ask if you are allready on the term to fix the river issue? I am a big island civ lover and England, Japan and Australia are not really playable without a good start at a river. Thanks a lot for the great work you do!

When will be updated version of your YnAMP mod compatibile with newest Gathering Storms DLC???

Hi Gedemon, I am a big fan of your mods for years now! My apology to ask if you are allready on the term to fix the river issue? I am a big island civ lover and England, Japan and Australia are not really playable without a good start at a river. Thanks a lot for the great work you do!

When will be updated version of your YnAMP mod compatibile with newest Gathering Storms DLC???

I'll copy here my answer to the "when" question on Steam:
in 5 minutes if the DLL source code has been released.

Else in a few days or weeks, or never. But I'll try.

played giant earth, usinig the github version, 40 civs, 20cs. crashes at earth satelitte. It was previously stated that it crashed with an exception when revealing mt. everest. In my case, i didn't have problems with mt. everest, but it crashes upon revealing the matterhorn. Hope that bit of info helps. been a long time fan, but never needed to post anything. keep up the good work.

Loving that you updated this map so quickly for GS. Perpetual big fan of this mod. Just wanted to help report some glitches I found and see if anyone else was having them or had solutions to these glitches:

1) The game fails to advance to the next turn and Kupe immediately loses if "enforce TSL" is set. When I disable this, the game progresses without issue. I would love to play with the first city forcibly settled (with the exception of the Maori, of course), so in order to play I have to allow all the civilizations (except city states) to settle where they please - and they always take forever, walking into silly places and far from their intended start locations.

2) Sometimes city-states in South America are...not from there. I've seen both Bandar Brunei and Jerusalem in the middle of the Amazon rainforest. Everything else was in its rightful location.

Out of curiosity, now that rivers are no longer "imported" for the time-being (because of other people's crash reports) and are map-generated - are they supposed to vary each time? I tried 2-3 games where the exact same river patterns emerged, just with different names (and of course they weren't the real-world rivers, with no Nile nor Mississippi rivers, for example).

Nobody facing this issue?

Update about Rivers:

I started a new game, Giant Earth, same Civs same settings, different seed.

This time the river was placed correctly with the river name, and it got flooded properly.
I started a new game 2 more times and the river was placed in the same right place each time and other rivers on the map as well.
I guess my 1st try was just a bad luck or maybe a rare bug, since I did not encounter any similar cases except for this one time.

Attachments

• flooded_river_middle_east.jpg
    flooded_river_middle_east.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 292
  • flooded_river_africa.jpg
    flooded_river_africa.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 262
I haven't touched Civ modding since... a long time, and I've never actually touched Civ 6 before.
Is there a way to make the ludicrous map size generation work with Civ6 world builder and if so, could anyone please tell me how? That's all I need (the standard huge map is too small to be playable for me)
When I drop the full mod into the mod folder it just breaks the UI for me, yes I have GS and RF, got the complete package a few days back.

For those playing with many civs and experiencing the missing color/black icon bug, you might be interested in my mod Prismatic (linked with Gedemon's blessing), which solves that problem and has been tested with the max number of civs possible.

For those playing with many civs and experiencing the missing color/black icon bug, you might be interested in my mod Prismatic (linked with Gedemon's blessing), which solves that problem and has been tested with the max number of civs possible.

ty. all i need now is a mod that adds 23 extra pantheons, so i'm not shift + entering every 2nd turn. I'd be fine with the extra's having no advantage at all. just like place holders.

ty. all i need now is a mod that adds 23 extra pantheons, so i'm not shift + entering every 2nd turn. I'd be fine with the extra's having no advantage at all. just like place holders.

The only one I know that comes close is P0kiehl's Religion Expanded mod, but I'm not sure what it brings the total amount to. If it's not enough you may be able to piece together enough from various pantheon mods on the workshop

Hey Gedemon, you don't have to prove yourself. I also hope the DLL gets released.

Your work shines with or without being brought to GS manually. Thanks for the mod, it was a lot of fun for me.

Update:
Code:
- new code for Rivers "import" option
- fix Gobustan placement on Giant Earth
- lower the minimal size for Floodplains (more possible positions for rivers flooding)

Code:
- hot fix for River placement that was offset on cropped maps

Update:
Code:
- new code for Rivers "import" option
- fix Gobustan placement on Giant Earth
- lower the minimal size for Floodplains (more possible positions for rivers flooding)

Gedemon, we don't deserve your powerhouse ways of awesome. Excited to try it out. Is the Kupe enforced TSL spawn bug one you are tracking? I hadn't posted any logs or anything yet, partly because I was not getting any crashes so I didn't know if the log would have been helpful and partly because I wasn't certain it wasn't some configuration goof-up on my end.

hi Gedemon,

Thanks once again for all your hard work. I have checked the play europe again map. I saw a few more rivers that can now flood but it is only in turkey and in bagdat basically. nothing in all of western europe and the balkans. still no volcanoes and no new natural wonders. It is one of my absolute favourite maps to play and i would like to ask if you could have a look at it too please.

first test on giant earth with imported rivers - seems very good so far - river names align correct to the rivers, all event triggers in firetuner are working for flooding etc. without any crash

update: and holy horsehocky, how many named rivers are there on giant earth ? - must be hundreds :thumbsup::goodjob:

Last edited:
Top Bottom