YosefNES I: Oif Gelt, Oif Gelt, un Oif Gelt

To: The Hungarian Empire, The Most Serene Republic of Italy, The Spanish Empire

His August Imperial Majesty Andreas I Palaiologos has ordered an effort to repopulate the uninhabited quarters of Constantinople.

To our Hungarian brothers, we request that any Greek immigrants that wish to travel to the Mother of Cities be unhindered in their crossing, and for this we express heartfelt thanks.

To the masters of Italy and Spain, we understand that some undesirables may be unacceptable in your Catholic societies. Emperor Andreas has decreed that all People of the Book, those being the Jews, are welcome to pursue habitation within our city, though we encourage them to inhabit separate quarters from our Greek subjects. We will accept your Jews if you seek to be rid of them...though we have no interest in seeing Muslims here.

To: Roman Empire

Though we appreciate your commitment to christian compassion, the Jews who take refuge within our Republic are forever welcome so long as they serve the interests of the Italian Nation.

Orders have been sent. Long live the new Burmese Emperor.

-------------------------

Twilight of Maung Maung Kha

In the flames of war and terror Ava slowly fell apart. The blades of the Shan came down like rain on those unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Women and children lay dead in the jungles and men in bloody pools that once were rice paddies. Corpses rotted in villages and flies swarmed in mass. The Shan were ruthless killers, hell bent on reaching their goal of wealth and power in the river valley. Armies of Maung Maung Kha marched without gain against the Shan, poorly trained and organized they just could not hold the lines. Families ran, taking with them livestock and goods, northern Ava was but a shell of its former self, ghosts town abundant in the small clearings between the thick dark woods.

Soldiers of Ava screamed in fear as they were mercilessly cut down like swine in the mud. Generals cried out.

“Hold the line.”

But not one person did, they all scattered, unable to win there was little point in combating their enemy. Shan soldiers burned down houses and buildings as they found them, taking all of value with them on their hunt for riches. Weapons and gold, slaves and women. All things were sought after by the Shan. Countless rapes, murders and forced labor rumors spread like wildfire, as the Shan approached those in the city of Ava grew nervous. Their very way of life was soon to be threatened and there was nothing they nor their king could do to stop it.

Just one man could defend the people, could stop the horrors of the Shan. Just one man could enrich the people and improve their ways of life. Mingyinyo, king of Taungoo, was this man and he was determined to get that point across to the unwise followers of Maung Maung Kha.

The rumors spread of a great king, with an aura of golden light perpetually emitting from his highness. On a elephant he rode with a great spear in hand to strike down the enemies of the people. The kind of rumors Mingyinyo wanted on the wind, carried by his runners disguised as locals, spreading what would be the greatest coup attempt in Ava’s history. Maung Maung Kha was not competent enough to catch these rumors, to stop the propaganda, he was not able to understand the very workings of the plans set in motion by his tiny neighbor. Just the type of enemy Mingyinyo had always dreamed of having.

Maung Maung Kha was nothing if not a fool. He would never foresee the sun setting on his realm, his ego to large for his own ability. Soon Ava would be under new leadership and thousands of men were prepared to die for it.

Gruffud II Glyndŵr, King of Wales smiled as his son waved from his horse. In a rare moment of quiet and peace, Gruffud decided to watch his son practice for a prestigious horsing event called a joust. Cadfael Glyndŵr is the spitting image of his father, built solidly and a warrior by heart, the son beats the father in many events, namely sword fighting and horsemenship. The Welsh troops already have made him one of the men, and Cadfael already leads the cavalry detachment of the army. Only 17 years of age, Cadfael has made his mark in the history of Wales, proving himself the best sword fighter in the nation in many fights among the local populace, even at one point sailing to New Wales to get some real combat in fighting the local natives hostile to the colony. Cadfael attended the meeting in Wales between Generals of Scotland, Ireland and Wales in leiu of his father who instead remained home to work on matters of the state. Cadfael impressed the leaders of Ireland and Scotland quickly and made good friends with the Generals, Wales can feel safe knowing that Cadfael is next in line for the throne of Wales, should his equally famous father somehow stopped living.

As Gruffud II watched Cadfael, his wife arrived followed by two lovely 15 year old twin girls, Anwen and Catrin. Gruffud rarely had time for his family and was mometarily surprised at how quickly his girls grew, he knew he would have to find a suitable husband for them... and soon. Perhaps the Dauphin would be suitable for one of them... He would have to speak with the King of France. But not now, today the business of running a Kingdom is in the hands of his trustworthy aides as he took the day off. Gruffud kissed his wife and his two daughters and they all sat down to watch Cadfael practice ontop his fearsome mount, aptly named, Cadwgwan which means "Glory in battle".

Since some time freed up, may I request Brittany? Sorry about the back-and-forth on this.

Since some time freed up, may I request Brittany? Sorry about the back-and-forth on this.

If you can contact Josef, TaylorFlame, and/or germanicus (particularly Josef at this point), you are welcome to join. Just make sure you know what the Celtic Bloc strategy is bfeore moving ahead.

In the end, Hussain ibn Mahmud’s services were required for a military purpose. The Sultan’s researches, led by an Arab and a Peranakan Chinese, had led to a particularly effective form of cannon, and Hussain’s services were needed to create a prototype.

The chief failing of cannons in the Indian Ocean, as well as elsewhere, had always been in reloading. Some cannons, such as those mounted on wheels for transportation, sailed backward uncontrollably upon firing, often injuring or killing their operators. Moreover, such cannon were difficult to use in fixed positions such as aboard ships or in fortifications because they required a great deal of room to maneuver.

A different version of cannon had been developed previously which did not use wheels. These cannons were primarily used aboard naval vessels, and they did not shoot backward as much upon firing. But they had a different problem. Being placed in small turret windows, they were very difficult to reload. Since they were not mounted on wheels, the cannon had to be hauled away from their berths, turned horizontal, and reloaded, often taking as long as ten minutes to fire a second round. In the heat of battle, this was only sufficient as long as the opponent’s cannons were equally slow, and it hindered the effectiveness of grounded cannon.

The solution, designed with the Grand Canal of China and its supporting rigs to pull along boats in mind, was to place a cannon on a fixed track. A fired cannon would be propelled backward, as one on wheels, but in a controlled fashion, remaining on a relatively fixed rail. Moreover, this backward propulsion would put the cannon in place for reloading and easier shoving back to the berth at which it fired from.

The estimated increase in firing efficiency from the invention was considerable; cannons previously reloaded in ten minutes could now be reloaded in as few as two, cutting down substantially on wasted time and allowing far more effective firing.

Unfortunately, the new models were hardly foolproof. Many developed a tendency to be propelled too far backward, leaving the tracks onto which they had to be reloaded. The occasional injury resulted. Retraining garrisons would prove to be something of a challenge as well, although the Sultan’s military advisers considered their soldiers to be adept at such adaptations to new technology.

Would the new cannons keep Malacca safe, and her seas free of pirates? Probably not; news of the technology would be sure to spread, no matter how secretive the government remained. But a slight edge was achieved, for a time at least.

I might not be able to get orders in on time as i am really busy right now.

OK I got back earlier then expected so un-NPC me this turn, I'll have my orders in soon.

woooooot!!!! Against all odds i have been able to send orders in! Hopefully they dont suck this time!!!!

After a long meeting of the city council, the main laws were decided shortly after the war of the clans (the red, and shield). They decided that in the meeting the following laws should be made.
1. The nation shall be ruled by the marriage of the two oldest man and woman of each clan.
2. Both Women and Religious Minorities are allowed to serve in the government.
3. That people have the right to belief and religious freedom.
4. Everyone is allowed to the right of a trial and a jury.
5. Every citizen has the right to be under the protection of military regardless of identity or class.
6. If unwarranted theft, vandalism, assault, and/or murder is inflicted by one citizen on another, that citizen who performed the act on the other shall get the same treatment.
7. Minority Religions are allowed to build mosques, churches, and other religious sites but are in most cases, not sponsored by the government. They will also have to come up with the funds themselves most of the time.
8. In addition minority religious sites will generally be taxed more than the Mutapa state religion or a reglion that has a large amount of followers. All religious sites will still have rock bottom taxes unless if they are very wealthy.
9. The people who chose to come up with these funds to build a minority religious site must have their funds come from only inside the nation. In almost all cases the donations from elsewhere will be rejected unless there is a special treaty signed with our nation. In addition these donations that have been allowed will be taxed heavily once it comes into our nation.

To: Bahmani Sultanate, Sultanate of Bengal, Delhi Sultanate, Sultanate of Gujarat, Sultanate of Khandesh, Republic of Lahore, Rajput Confederation, Sultanate of Sindh, Vijayanagara Empire

None of you have answered my request for trade.

As I've told you before, reread the section in the update on the Free Trade Crash and the OOC on the same. Trade deals are entirely unecessary and can only breed bad things.

OOC: Orders will be late, I think I ate some weird yogurt and am now feeling funny because of it. :eek:

As I've told you before, reread the section in the update on the Free Trade Crash and the OOC on the same. Trade deals are entirely unecessary and can only breed bad things.
If am correct (I might be wrong though) then I didn't state anything after this last update.

But either way, it's my fault for not paying attention.

Top Bottom