You Ain't Gonna Believe THIS One

Of course I do believe in it. But where do they get the money from? And how do you make it a profit from shipping oil (if any) form Mars to Earth? Must be some plan regarding when we have used all of our fossil fuels on Earth. When there's nothing left on Earth, go to Mars! This way we'll only find new sources of fossil fuels on other planets instead of used renewable energy sources. BTW, this is only a suggestion, I don't say it's true. But just to open your minds a bit.

[but I wonder what will happen when the fossil fuel reserves of the solar system will be used up. Go for the stars?!?!? Ridiculous.]

THERE IS NO OIL ON MARS! The conditions for oil formation never happened on Mars! You need LOTS of biomass and an active geology, and as far as we know Mars never had either.

Originally posted by Double Barrel
Please, someone elaborate and try to convince me that this plan would be economically feasible. Our hard-earned tax dollars are paying for this, and right now, it just seems to be a big waste of our resources.
Of course it's not "economically feazible", not unless you consider "economically feazible" 1000 years. But by then it will be about much more than economy. But how "feazible" was the first step on dry land by a sea creature anyway?

Isn't that the point of space exploration?

Were we going to just go find the planets, take some pictures of them then walk away?

What possible resources may be on Mars? Maybe some alloy that is stronger than aluminum but still just as light? What can that be used for? Airplanes? Cars? Buildings? Is the increased safety we get from that possibility worth it?

Maybe some mineral that can help cure some diseases like cancer and AIDS?

That's what exploration is all about; the possibilities.

On a lighter note... This may well be a scheme to get more votes ;)

Bush Vows To Discover, Legalize Aliens On American, Martian Soil
WASHINGTON, DC—President Bush restated his commitment to the quality and discovery of immigrant and Martian life Monday, calling for increased efforts to register and search for gainfully employed and extraterrestrial aliens. "America must further pursue the quest for a better way of, or undiscovered forms of, life," Bush said Monday. "To this end, I will commission the INS and NASA to assemble committees and probes to explore potential minimum-wage and minimum-risk endeavors in the service sector of the economy and the Olympus Mons sector of Mars." Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh criticized the endeavor, saying the social and scientific programs will take jobs and money away from domestic workers and domestic security.
(From the Onion)

Top Bottom