Your City Plans

Labtec600

Emperor
Do you guys have specific plans for you cities? Like do you say Ok city A, B, C, and D will do nothing but military. E, F, G, H, and I are all going to have science, and J, K, L, M, N and O are all going to make marketplaces and other income sources.

I dont. I build Libraries, markets, banks, univeristies,etc. (all the science and income building) in every city.

Is this wasteful?

Well...

It depends - if you are going to run 100% all game, then banks are useless. Marketplaces aren't, because they have the happiness sideeffect.

if you are going to run 0% science, libraries/universities aren't useful, except for culture.

In highly corrupt cities, maintenance on these things can be a drain, so highly corrupt cities may not get them at all (except for marketplaces, perhaps).

That said, I rarely run 100% science or 0% science for an entire game, so at least my core (capitol and the first and perhaps 2nd rings) will get both science and money, and perhaps religion (for more happiness)

Specific plans for cities are very important early - military vs. workers vs. settlers vs. wonder, but once the REX phase is over, then cities can start being a little more generalized. I still have cities dedicated to military, but I will try to cash rush the other improvements if I can, as well - no reason for the income of those good cities to not go to good use!

Top Bottom