1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Experience Starting New Game with Spring 2017 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BTSeven7, Mar 28, 2017.

1. gimper42

gimper42 Warlord

Yeah. I get this every time I change policy cards since the Spring Patch. It's a solid 2 seconds of unresponsiveness. Very jarring.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Mine is MUCH more than 2 seconds. But the game used to crash on me when changing policies (once I had like 11 or 12 policy slots), so it's actually improved in that regard as I don't get any more crashes. I'd say it takes 5 to 10 seconds for me. I'm patient with it now, as I know the game won't actually crash even though it seems like it is.

3. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

I have been getting at after the card screen, and after mousing over an "invalid" unit movement path

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

May have to nuke them. I just noticed they are running around with infantry and I'm still at longswordsman and catapults (though I'm a couple turns away from musketmen). I've never seen Prince level AI tech this fast. They did something to the AI tech rate, I don't see it in the patch notes, but they are much more competitive now, especially China. Problem is China may win before I ever develop nukes. Hmmm. I'll beeline for infantry and artillery and hope that does it.

edit: Although now it's looking like the high end goal for China is rising faster than he's accumulating tourism. It's about 50 out of 176 now. I think I may be okay for now. I may go back to concentrating on wonders and go for Big Ben.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  5. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I actually thought X was 100, on standard speed, and Y depended on amount of civs the game started with. Victoria knows much more about it though.

6. brianha42

brianha42 Chieftain

I've changed my opening strategy from Builder > Scout > Slinger > Slinger to Builder > Slinger > Slinger > Slinger > Scout > Slinger

nzcamel likes this.
  7. jbavon

jbavon Chieftain

First game: AI Saladin turned into a runaway taking out Germany, Poland and Brazil. Completely. I declared war to stop him but I cant make any headway with my infantry corps against his inf/tank armies.

It will be interesting to see how it ends.

Emp, small, fractal +2 ai, no mods.

whyidie likes this.
  8. gunnerxtr

gunnerxtr King

That sounds encouraging. The most I have seen to this point was Peter taking the Chinese capital away. (this was Australia patch, have yet to play the latest patch)

9. gimper42

gimper42 Warlord

Interesting. I never had a problem with this before the Spring Patch. I'm getting pretty annoyed that every time they fix something minor it seems to have a pretty good chance of causing a much more annoying problem for me. It's nearly the exact same issue with the new production alert. Click on that and the game freezes for about a quarter or half second where there used to be a completely smooth transition to the city production screen. I have a pretty high end machine that was brand new 3 months ago. The game ran really well at launch.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I don't have that problem and my computer is about 5 years old.

nzcamel likes this.
  11. Cao Cao Mengde

Cao Cao Mengde Warlord

Anyone else feeling like there's a lot more cavalry again?

ZubieMaster likes this.
  12. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I don't know. I got a high end laptop of a few months old too, but I don't notice any of these problems.

13. gimper42

gimper42 Warlord

What don't you know?

14. w3rallmachines

w3rallmachines Chieftain

Only time anything freezes up on me is when I've clicked next turn and if I click the reports option before the turn finishes. Has anyone have the issues verified the Steam cache or reinstalled the game?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Game used to freeze on quit for me sometimes, doesn't seem to anymore, but quitting can take 4 minutes after 8 hours of play.

16. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I don't know. Was just filler.

17. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

The policy selection lockup is happening to me now and I don't think it ever used to. If it did I didn't notice, but now I certainly am.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  18. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Dumb :/

19. Naudilent

Naudilent Chieftain

The Sea Level adjustment is no longer in the Advanced Options menu. I always set it to Low for more land grabbing fun. Seems an odd choice to remove it.

20. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

It was there yesterday when I used it. I always go for low sea level for a bit more room. This was in single player.