1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Experience Starting New Game with Spring 2017 Patch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by BTSeven7, Mar 28, 2017.

1. ChrisSHARP

ChrisSHARP Chieftain

May I just ask what the current version/built number after the Sping Update is?
    I didn't notice an update via Steam for this update like I did, indeed, for Australian Summer.
    In other words: how do I know that I installed this update?

2. jbavon

jbavon Chieftain

Anyone else notice you can peak through undiscovered territory with the 'combat preview'? Just select a military unit and move the cursor over unrevealed territory.

I noticed it by chance. But it told me where Texcoco was as well as a few knights. It is a bit tricky to mouse over the correct spot though.

3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

When you start the game there's a message at the bottom of your screen in the main menu, part of the message tells you the patch you're playing on.

You should probably post that in the bug report section.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  4. ChrisSHARP

ChrisSHARP Chieftain

Thanks for the reply.
    I've seen that alright. It's 1.0.0.129 (260180).
    But what's the patch then?

5. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

That's the Spring Patch.

6. ChrisSHARP

ChrisSHARP Chieftain

Cheers. But where do I see that? Where's the patch's version number? (Couldn't find it anywhere in the release notes.)

7. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

When? I sabotaged Australia spaceport and it was still pillaged over 50 turns later when I won the game. Same with Japan only it was like 40 turns but with 4 spaceports and Japan biggest city had pop of 30 when others were ~18. What they did was building the 5th space port...

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

What level are you playing on? On deity I have sabotaged 3 spaceports and 2 were rebuilt fairly fast. Weird... anyone else?

9. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

Deity as Persia. What they rebuilt very fast were industrial zones I sabotaged as well cuz Japan was very advanced and I was worry they were going to rebuild spaceports pretty fast. It was like both Australia and Japan stucked at progress with the space race after my spies did they job. If I remember correctly Japan might have rebuilt one spaceport but I sabotaged it again and that was it - no more repairing.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yes I think the game is at the stage where sometimes they are and sometimes they are not... which is progress on not at all. I think they probably throttle it still or it would be game over a lot easier.

11. hopsblues

hopsblues Chieftain

Does your son know who your avatar is?

4N4C0ND4 likes this.
  12. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

Civ3 ftw! I remember them from the wwii scenario ^^

13. RedRover57

RedRover57 Emperor

They definitely seem to have upped the difficulty with the Spring patch. Previously, Deity seemed a bit too easy. Since the patch I have played 2 games on Immortal - one as Kongo, standard fractal map, standard speed (won a cultural victory pretty easily by turn 260 - Kongo is OP for cultural victory though) and the second was as Arabia on an inland sea map (standard size and speed as well). In the second game I was going for a Science victory and had a pretty decent start (4 settled cities, plus 4 captured cities from Japan - 6 of 8 cities had campuses and commercial hubs by turn 150), but I met Gorgo around turn 150 and she was already a runaway - 13 cities, 11 techs ahead of me, over 150 tourism per turn. I was trapped with a massive Brazil empire in between us (he was my best bud all game) so I just hung it up. May be the map type though - the AI just has too much room and it's difficult to stop runaways on that map.

14. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Played an emperor game with Alex. Crushed the AIs like it was no big deal.

Settled 3 cities, rushed nearby greece with a few of each UU and a couple battering ram. Used that army then to pressure\pillage every other neighboors until ready to snowball with bombards and knights.

Btw, battering rams are kinda op. I never lost those two and they were efficient the entire game allowing even my tanks to do solid damages to walls. I couldnt built more when i checked late game.

Was a fun game though.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Tiger Genocide likes this.
  15. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

they also work with melee ships. lol.

Tiger Genocide and 4N4C0ND4 like this.
  16. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Prince

I'm nearly through my first game with Persia and it seems a little bit more difficult though the AI is still pretty inept at combat. China declared a surprise war and rolled in a tank, artillery corps, and some cavalry and cannons at the edge of my empire and I thought they were actually gonna take a city for once, but then they moved the tank right past my outside city within range of multiple wall strikes. I levied the nearest city state army and rushed a few units with faith and watched the entire offensive crumble without them even killing a unit. They could have easily taken the city with an all out focused attack as I had inferior units and only about 60 defense on my walls.

I have noticed a lot more cavalry all around as someone else noted and more cities falling across the map which is good news (though playing on Giant Earth and Europe was very crowded). The static nature of the AI empires in Civ 6 has been disappointing - I'd like to see more global conflict through the ages (that doesn't always result in a stalemate) The AI is ahead of me of science on King which is decent though I have been focusing mostly on religion and culture in this game so not all that surprising.

17. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I started off on a large Fractal as England aiming for a cultural victory, on Emperor. However there was only room for 3 other cities since I started off an in a bit of a corner and Gilgamesh was settling cities quickly. Plus I don't like to capture city states.

Since Gilgamesh has War Carts early game an Archer rush wouldn't be wise. Instead I waited until I got Mercenaries and Machinery to build an army of Crossbowmen. Though by the time I build up my army of Crossbowmen, along with 2 Catapults and 2 Warriors, Gilgamesh was in the Industrial era in 655AD. I was only in the Medieval era. I was at his borders with all my troops and was about to DOW him, but he suprisingly declared a suprise war on me.

A knight rushed out an attacked one of my Crossbowmen, reducing it to circa 20% health. I then saw 3 others Knight, along with an enemy Crossbowman and a Catapult. 2 of the Knight has gotten promotions twice. I just felt like I couldn't capture his city. Here is a picture:

Attached Files:

18. ltccone

ltccone Prince

I just finished my first game with Macedon. For my first game with any civ I play on the TSL map in Prince, and I always play marathon. Macedon is extremely powerful when you are playing marathon, because classical units are effective for a long time period.

By 1140 BC, I had conqured Greece (who never even got to build their city), Germany, Scythia, Kongo, and of course India. I seem to ALWAYS get India. I torched or captured every one of their cities.

As soon as I got battleships and destroyers I took the Aztec and American capitals and won the game.

One thing was screwy though; the Aztec capital was 'Mexico City' and they built another city called Mexico City.

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Strange, I often rename their capital to Mexico City when I take it. I can't stand the Aztec names, they look too similar.

I think it's better to choose your opponents on TSL map, as obviously Greece and Macedon can't start next to each other. I just finished my first game as Macedon as well. Funny I didn't even realize they released 2 civs at once, I thought we only got Persia (which I played last week). I had barbarians on which makes a HUGE difference. Compared to last game where I was worried about losing (I had barbs off that game), this game I never even came close to losing. I gave North and South America to America, but with barbs on they never did much. All other civs were old world civs.

Even on Epic speed the usefulness of their units lasted plenty long enough. I'm not a big fan of their unique building though. Seeing as one of their unique units is a mounted unit, and I'd like to build stables. I ended up building 2 encampments, one with a stable, and the other my unique building. I conquered Russia, Persia (who had quite a few cities) and finally Spain. Spain actually turned out to be the hardest. I tried them early before I conquered Russia, but I didn't have enough units to overcome their archers (who were behind Madrid and I had a hard time getting to them without being pummeled and having to retreat). I finally got them the second time, but even that wasn't easy. I ended up using catapults since the siege tower wasn't enough at this point.

Had control of all of Europe, Iran area, India, and Indochina. Wasn't in the mood for another global conquering game, and just peaced out after that and went for science victory. My war monger status managed to degenerate, and I was able to form alliances with 3 out of the remaining 4 civilizations.

20. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Unique building actually also buffs the unique unit. They didn't forget about that.