[RD] Your Personal Stats

str 16
int 15
wis 14
dex 11
con 14
chr 13

from the test. idk what scale it is on

str and int are really all I work on per se. run 20 miles a week or so so that goes to con I guess

the only thing I liked about that test was the inclusion of wheelchair caveats.

the only thing I liked about that test was the inclusion of wheelchair caveats.

Yea multiple languages seems to be a big int thing and since I really only know one. . .I think if you are giving yourself an 18 in int its probably hubris. A lot of people can do things after only being shown once. Or can understand a concept after reading about it once. These things do not make you a genius I don't feel like.

I was surprised I got 14 in wis lol

I mean, if the test maker is not that wise, charismatic, or smart, how could he know? Cool of him to make it, we are all taking it, but it’s awful.

If I were to do my stats I think I’ll do as follows. 10-11 is a standard savage world commoner, which basically means strong and resilient as anyone and probably vibey.

Str: 5
Dex: 4
Con: 5
Int: 15
Wis: 15
Cha: 15

I’ve probably capped for a short but extended periods with
Str: 10 (after much training)
Dex: 8 (as a kid)
Con: 8
Int: 17
Wis: 18
Cha: 17

And probably bottomed for short but extended periods withs:

Str: 3
Dex: 4
Con: 3
Int: 6
Wis: 4
Cha: 5

That dex roll is tough. Doesn't that mean not attempting to avoid something is better than trying to actively avoid it?

That dex roll is tough. Doesn't that mean not attempting to avoid something is better than trying to actively avoid it?
Naw cuz I’m high level :D

Ah, face tanking. An honourable tradition! :hide:

I'm late to this, but 10, 9, 12, 15, 13, 12

Make whatever subtractions Dunning-Kruger would suggest are warranted.

Last edited:
Strength 16 (pretty solid by now)
Dexterity 3 (not gonna get much better, I am afraid, maybe a bit)
Constitution 12 (rising since fitness studios are closed and I need to compensate with running)
Intelligence 16 (has been stable since years, I gather - in some areas I would give myself lower values, even below-average, in others even an 18)
Wisdom 7 (has been extremely low but is rising very quickly since of recently - I predict a high value in the future)
Charisma 3-18 (can still fluctuate greatly but is steadily stabilizing and improving)

Strength (compared to what? average male? 5)
Dexterity (compared to average kung-fu master 7)
Constitution (compared to average male? 2)
Intelligence (compared to average male 17)
Wisdom (compared to average male 16)
Charisma (compared to average cat - 0.1 maybe?)

Last edited:
I'm late to this, but 10, 9, 12, 15, 13, 12

Make whatever subtractions Dunning-Kruger would suggest are warranted.
Subtractions indeed, for the truly intelligent remember that DK includes additions as my position on the DK curve suggests you should do :smug:

Strength 7
Dexterity 7
Constitution 8
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 8
Charisma 6

I get slain by a goblin before we leave the starting tavern.

edit: jeez you dudes all min/max for intelligence, huh.

edit 2: I didn't realise there was a test, so I did that:

Strength 7
Dexterity 5
Constitution 10
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 12
Charisma 5

According to this guy, I'm tougher and more sensible than I give myself credit for, but I'm also clumsier and even less pleasant to be around. Mixed bag.

Last edited:
Strength 7
Dexterity 7
Constitution 8
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 8
Charisma 6

I get slain by a goblin before we leave the starting tavern.

edit: jeez you dudes all min/max for intelligence, huh.

edit 2: I didn't realise there was a test, so I did that:

Strength 7
Dexterity 5
Constitution 10
Intelligence 13
Wisdom 12
Charisma 5

According to this guy, I'm tougher and more sensible than I give myself credit for, but I'm also clumsier and even less pleasant to be around. Mixed bag.

Alot of people over rate their intelligence.
If you're giving yourself a 17+ better be a polyglot, multiple degrees+ master's degree in STEM or something like that.

One if the smartest guys I met started high school age 10, graduated uni age 16 (first degree), graduated uni with computer engineering (2nd degree) and ended up working for Bungie on Halo. You can see a NZ flag on the Halo 2 DVD that's him.

In D&D terms I would give him a 16 or 17 intelligence.

If you speak 6 or 7+ languages from multiple language groups I would rate that highly as well.

If using 3d6, a 17 or 18 covers about 2% of the population. This isn't "smartest guy I ever met." My high school graduating class had about 350 people in it, so this is the smartest 6 or 7 kids from my grade.

I think you are over-rating D&D stats.

If using 3d6, a 17 or 18 covers about 2% of the population. This isn't "smartest guy I ever met." My high school graduating class had about 350 people in it, so this is the smartest 6 or 7 kids from my grade.

I think you are over-rating D&D stats.

I just mark his INT score down a point every time he demonstrates that he can't follow that math.

My personal thoughts are along the lines of:
STR: 8 (I'm weaker than average but not pitifully so)
DEX: 8 (I'm a bit clumsier than average)
CON: 12 (I don't get sick often, and I have pretty good endurance)
INT: 16 (I've always gotten good grades and learn things easily, will go to grad school in August barring a major disaster)
WIS: 14 (I usually make good life choices but procrastinate too much)
CHA: 8 (I'm somewhat socially awkward but still have friends)

I took the test back in August and got:
STR: 9
DEX: 8
CON: 8
INT: 15
WIS: 15
CHA: 8

I just mark his INT score down a point every time he demonstrates that he can't follow that math.

D&D stats are terrible at mapping to RL.

One in 216 don't have 18 intelligence.

They graded us at highschool. I was 6th/120 guy I knew was light years ahead of me.

In D&D terms that's 17 intelligence roughly bring in that percentile and I started highschool age 12. I was smarter than 95% of my year who were older than me.

He was one in a 100k or one in a million something like that. I was a year ahead, he was 2 years ahead doing university by correspondence age 13.

Last edited:
Top Bottom