Your Ultimate Game Crossover

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
The idea for this thread came from a dream last night which was a huge mashup between a bunch of games but unfortunately I can't remember any details so I'm not going to even try to describe it.

But if you could combine any aspects of any games all together into one, what would you do? Which games, what parts of these games, and stuff like that?

Go ahead and have fun. I don't really have any ideas myself for now. If I think of one I will post it.

Hotline Miami except that instead of killing thugs you kill popular bands with poorly disguised names, with Petty Tom as a boss at some point. Maybe The Beatles can be the four champions you have to defeat before storming the HQ of the RIAA and fighting "The King". The music would be remixes or new and more appropriate versions of their songs.

Seriously, I think it would be hilarious.

Moderator Action: Please let the Tom Petty issue alone in future.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

....so much for that

Take the shooting and gunplay engine from Battlefield 3, put it in an exploratory game (Fallout 3, or better still, something similar but IN SPACE)

Kerbal Space Program meets Sim City meets EU3 meets Star Control 2 meets Sim Ant meets Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri meets Scorched Earth meets Homeworld

1. You would be in charge of a civilization and more importantly that civilization's space program
2. The playing field would be a portion of a galaxy with several star systems, including all planetary bodies, comets, etc. found within, as well as those objects as playing surfaces themselves. If you've played Sim Ant, imagine the yard overview screen. That concept, in 3D, in space, without ants.
3. Game mechanics would involve you building rockets, assembling space stations (using the rockets), landers, moon bases, other planet bases, and just generally attempting to spread your influence first through your own solar system, and then later to other solar systems. Imagine a simplified Kerbal space program interface for parts of this, then a city building interface for your bases, once they're advanced enough.
4. Claiming a planetary body would depend on its size and whatever else and could include several EU3-like stages from "not yours" to "core", depending on how big your base is, what sort of stuff you've built, etc.
5. Terraforming a la SMAC would be a part of the game, and there could be also different species with different atmosphere requirements. I see this as a very interesting potential game dynamic.
6. When two warring civilizations end up on the same planetary body, they can fire stuff at eachother a la Scorched Earth or angry birds.
7. Planetary bombardment and space battles a la Homeworld would definitely be in there.
8. A simplified Sim City like base building/management system for your bases might be overkill, but you would definitely want to somehow eventually build factories, habitats, terraforming vehicles & modules, etc. So it might as well be fun and done in a tried and tested format.
9. Diplomacy and trade between players should be possible in some way that doesn't suck.
10. The Star Control 2 element would be a story that evolves as you play the game in single player mode. Like in SMAC

I would call this game

Awesome

My dream game would be a fighter of every furry franchise ever. To name a few:

-Klonoa
-Ratchet and Clank
-Crash Bandicoot
-Spyro
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
-Sly Cooper

Fists of Furry or some corny title like that.

Any actual platform crossover would probably need to integrate the gameplay seamlessly somehow.

Klonoa: Puzzles
Sly: Stealth
Spyro: Flight
Crash: Standard platforming
Sonic: Speed
Ty: Ranged weapons
Ratchet: Blow the crap out of everything

I cannot imagine the headache involved.

Some pun on furry must be made, naturally. :p

I just have a pipe dream of seeing all the anthro franchises under one banner... alas. :)

Oh that reminds me.

I demand a Sonic: Total War.

Sega owns both. If Pokemon can get a strategy game, I don't think it's a stretch that Sega, ever eager to compete with Nintendo in its fields, should do so as well!

STALKER and Fallout (STALKER shooting/inventory/stashes/etc in the Fallout 3 map)

I'd do a Portal-like version of this game with TF2 characters.

Link to video.

Dwarf Fortress as a persistent MMO FPS, populated by DOTA 2 characters. The dwarves can be the creeps.

Sim Ant meets Total War.

Please elaborate. I love that Sim Ant has already been mentioned twice here, and I now want a more complete picture of Sim Ant: Total War.

I'd like a more multi-level strategy game, where you can play parts of it at various levels of depth. Think Sim City + Civilization + The Sims, and maybe + Galactic Civilizations. Civilization is pretty high level, you don't get to manage the cities much. So, add a Sim City level where your civilization is run by an AI, while you control your favorite city. And add a Sims level so you can follow a few particular people, and in that way add more role-playing. Perhaps add a few modes within that where your chosen Sim can run certain companies that affect the greater game, like Railroad Tycoon, or if you prefer a more Civ-flavored take, CEO of Sid's Sushi.

Actually making this work well together would likely be a headache. And it's obviously targeted for the modern part of a world history game, not 4000 BC (Sim Cave anyone?).

Oh that reminds me.

I demand a Sonic: Total War.

Sega owns both. If Pokemon can get a strategy game, I don't think it's a stretch that Sega, ever eager to compete with Nintendo in its fields, should do so as well!

That won't happen unless Nintendo makes a Mario strategy game.

That won't happen unless Nintendo makes a Mario strategy game.

I dunno. Pokemon Conquest is strategy isn't it?

And Sega owns the Total War franchise... some sort of Sonic strategy game could be nifty.

Granted, the world they'd need to create would be fun, surely. Which world map do you use? One game, several, all, a mixture? What civilizations are used?

Etc. etc.

Crusader Kings II meets Mount & Blade or a revamped Total War specifically designed for the units ingame.

Top Bottom