Zarnia Province, 1585 A.D. - Discussion

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Well, it's about time to begin this term, so it seems appropriate for us to start discussing the province's future.

Now, I honestly don't know what direction Zarn was trying to lead the province in. So, bear with me while I try to formulate some new plans for Zarnia.

All four of this province's cities - Fanatikku, Immo, Zojoji, and Furuyama - are currently producing wealth.

Fanatikku is currently starving, due to pollution. That square should be cleaned up immeadiately, so a worker can be placed there to solve the hunger problem. We should also consider building an additional worker here.

Two workers are clearing a forest outside Furuyama, and they will be done next turn. At the moment, the ten shields to be gained from the forest will be lost. This is why I propose that we start constrution of a University in Furuyama this turn - for both the benefit of the buliding itself, and so we don't lose those sheilds.

Immo, in my humble opinion, is fine at the moment. We might consider order one of Immo's citizens off the closest to En'Gha. Immo will still have positive growth after such a change is made, and the starvation in En'Gha will end with the use of that tile.

Zojoji is fine for now as is, I think. We may also wish to consider building a new worker here.

I also think a RoP with France may be in order, if only to French troops through the province faster.

Those are my thoughts on the current provincial sitiuation. Please, contribute your own thoughts, preferably sometime before the next turn chat!

We're both trying to pick up new to us provinces Governor Octavian, and it looks like we're taking a similar approach. Thank you for the use of the Wheat tile by En'Gha to stop the starvation.

The discussion about Edo province is in the province thread here

I agree that Furuyama should be taken of wealth, this city has been allowed to languish due to its slow growth, with the forest finally cleared and irrigated (and perhaps the other mined grassland irrigated as well) the mined hills and mountains will be able to be used, boosting production. Of course it will also need a hospital, and with the slow growth rate you may wish to request that some workers are joined to it, either those you produce elsewhere or some coming off railroad duty.

I will say take them both off wealth. What good does it do us when we are in a war, and even if the war ends soon, you can never have enough units for defensive purposes. These cities are the ones with low corruption, so why don't we use them?

Take all of the cities off of wealth. Good to see governors posting discussions threads! :goodjob: I'll post mine too.

It's apparent that we're suffering from massive pollution, and barely have the workers to cope (I must have counted about a dozen pollution tiles. Unacceptable). Yes, I'm suggesting more workers.

Sounds good! I do think some new workers are needed, but I don't want to decrease population in the cities too rapidly. All that considered, here's what I'm considering for orders at the moment:

Fanatikku
Build Queue: Wealth (until city stops starving), workers
Worker Orders: Clean up pollution!

Zojoji: Worker, Units/Wealth as needed until size 16 again, worker, etc.
Micromanagment: Go for optimal food production if producing either workers or wealth

Immo: Wealth
Micromanagment: Donate the irrigated wheat tile next to Immo to En'Gha.

Furuyama: University, Hospital
Worker Orders: Finish clearing remaining forest. After that, road, irrigate, and railroad the freed grassland tile.
Micromanagment: emphasize production.

Comments, suggestions, and complaints are greatly appreciated. :D

Suggestion: Puh-leeze don't use Zojoji to pump out workers. We have enough workers already. This isn't DG2. We own very little land. We have pretty much improved every tile we own, or that needs improving. If you need to produce workers, do that in Immo, which has always been designated as a Settler/Worker factory. Zojoji is currently the #2 city in the world and is trying to grab the #1 spot. Reducing the population will not help in this. Of course I can see a gain for the people who do not want Zojoji to prosper, but the people of our great city are asking our Governor to reconsider his build queue for Zojoji. Let US create Wealth for the Nation, let Immo produce Workers. Let Zojoji's population soar!

Cyc, I'd like to use Zojoji as a temporary worker pump due to the situation in Immo, which will be losing food to prevent starvation in En'Gha Immo, in my mind, was the first choice for workers which I think are still needed, at least for pollution clearing efforts.

My current plan is to attempt to retain Zojoji's current population level by producing wealth in between workers to allow the population to regrow. As soon as the food problem in Immo/En'Gha is rectified, Immo will go on worker pump duty - I recognize the need for workers, but at the same time know that we should avoid an excess.

Cyc said:
Suggestion: Puh-leeze don't use Zojoji to pump out workers. We have enough workers already. This isn't DG2. We own very little land. We have pretty much improved every tile we own, or that needs improving. If you need to produce workers, do that in Immo, which has always been designated as a Settler/Worker factory. Zojoji is currently the #2 city in the world and is trying to grab the #1 spot. Reducing the population will not help in this. Of course I can see a gain for the people who do not want Zojoji to prosper, but the people of our great city are asking our Governor to reconsider his build queue for Zojoji. Let US create Wealth for the Nation, let Immo produce Workers. Let Zojoji's population soar!

The population can't soar when there's not enough workers to clear out pollution that's preventing the population from soaring in the first place. ;)

Chieftess, I don't want to hear it from you. Remember when you changed my build queues in Tempest province to workers? You said the Province was corrupt, so workers were what was best. Now you want to use a city with the best (maybe second best) corruption rate to build workers. :rolleyes:

Not a problem, stunt Zojoji's growth. I'll resign as mayor then.

Cyc said:
Chieftess, I don't want to hear it from you. Remember when you changed my build queues in Tempest province to workers? You said the Province was corrupt, so workers were what was best. Now you want to use a city with the best (maybe second best) corruption rate to build workers. :rolleyes:

Not a problem, stunt Zojoji's growth. I'll resign as mayor then.

Moderator Action: How a discussion about too many workers suddenly got 'personal' I have no idea, but it will end now. Eyrei.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

As for Zojoji:

Two Words.

Battle
Ship

What? You mean it's one Word?

(If we don't have MP yet, go with Destroyers.)

And what are the workers doing that we can't just send 4 people off to clear pollution in 1 turn? Back when I was DP, I had Workers in groups that got their jobs done quickly once we got RP moving along.

Zojoji: Battleships, and what about a prebuild for the UN as soon as the timing works. (I would guess we want the UN, unless we are playing one of those variants where you have to get a diplomatic victory without building it yourself....)

And as for the workers, they appear to be clearing jungle, mining, irrigating and railing all sorts of tiles unusable by our cities.

Top Bottom