zyxy01: Russian Polar Expedition

Pre-Turn
Upgrade 4 vet warriors to swords
11 gold in bank - change Moscow & St. Pete to swords

Hit enter

Turn 1 - 975 BC
Move new Swords towards Canterbury.
Move warrior to replace worker on galley watch.

Turn 2 - 950 BC
Consolidate "stack" next to Canterbury's border.

IT
Moscow: Sword -> Sword
Kiev: Rax -> Sword

Turn 3 - 925 BC
1st boot attempt at worker - Weak

Our stack now consists of 5 Swords, Sword outside of Canterbury is not fortified ATM.

IT
St. Pete: Sword -> Sword

Turn 3 - 900 BC
2nd boot attempt - Not an ultimatum!

Turn 4 - 875 BC
3rd boot attempt - Again, nothing

Lux to 10% to prevent riot in Moscow. It's now at size 6, max size until Construction.
Very worried about Smolensk flipping. 56 units to prevent flip.

IT
Moxcow: Sword -> Sword

Turn 5 - 850 BC
4th boot attempt - Nothing (I'm beginning to grow tired of their insolence)

Turn 6 - 825 BC
5th boot attempt at worker - No ultimatum. It's not going to work
Move a warrior into English territory to try to agitate the situation.

IT
Lizzie gives tresspassing warning

Click goodbye with no acknowledgement of the trespass.
Kiev: Sword -> Sword

Turn 7 - 800 BC
This will be the last attempt. The English worker is finished mining our iron hill, and is awaiting orders.

6th and final attempt - no dice.

IT
The English worker moves to Canterbury. No other English units in our territory.
Moscow: Sword -> Sword
St. Pete: Sword -> Sword

Turn 8 - 775 BC
Move our Warrior further into English Territory. Treaty to expire next turn.

IT
Lizzie gives US an ultimatum.

Need to leave. That's ok, don't want to lose the warrior.

Turn 9 - 750 BC
The peace treaty is up.

And here we go. Our stack is 9 swords, with one en route and Sword builds going in Kiev, Moscow, & St. Pete.
1st sword redlines the defender outside of Moscow and dies
2nd sword dies trying to take him out, and the English swordsman is promoted
3rd sword loses 2HP but wins! Stack moves next to Canterbury.

IT
Zulu complete Great Lighthouse

Turn 10 - 730 BC
The seige of Canterbury
1st Sword redlines vet spear and dies
2nd Sword loses 1HP winning against a reg spear
3rd Sword doesn't even dent a reg spear and promotes him
4th Sword takes 1HP off of new vet spear but loses - promoting him to elite.
5th Sword takes 2 HP off of new elite spear and loses. Revealing another reg spear.
Thats it for the attack. Move elite archer out of Kiev into stack & reinforcement arrives brining stack to 1 elite archer, 2 full health vet swords, and 1 vet with 2 HP.

Sword due in Moscow next turn, Kiev in 2, St. Pete in 3, and Minsk in 4. There are 2 warriors going after the warrior on galley watch, and a sword is getting ready to whack our worker mining the hill. There is at least 1 elite, 1vet, & 1 reg spear left in Canterbury. Kiev & Smolensk each contian a reg warrior that can be moved into the stack to beef it up a little bit. But it doesn't look good right now.

730BC Save

nerovats (up next)
Smart (on deck)
open
zyxy
Tone
McLMan (just played)

Pre-turn
take workers of the hill
IBT
other worker stack is captured by archer
warior on dyes loses to warrior
710BC
kill the archer
capture workers back
Moscow sword->sword
retreat the wounded swords to heal
IBT
english sword pillages
english city in south grows and claims our dyes
690BC
2 riots
kill the sword
670BC
moving
650BC
kil 3 warriors near Moscow
have to adjust luxes we're now on 1 scientist, science at 0%
kill archer near Canterbury
IBT
get 3 counter attacks lose 1 win 2
630BC
kill warrior near Canterbury and Moscow
get elite sword
610BC
start attack on Canterbury, just 1HP spear gets left
upgrade the reg warriors
IBT
English want to take, are wiling to give small city or tech, nope
590BC
Finally claim Canterbury, but at some cost, pushed trough as now the english will just have 2 productive cities left.
Canterbury kept it's rax, nice
570BC
Try to get thigh healed and organised again
Leader fish, no luck
IBT
english land archer and warrior near Minsk
550BC
Mini Managing, now spot green border in south touching english border, they must have made contact
Leave worker to be captured to be sure Minsk will survive
IBT
English don't go after worker, but suicide against Minsk, even better
530BC
moving

A couple of swords can still move, we could let elite sword attach the archer on the hill, there's another sword to cover it when it get damaged.
We now have 8 swords 3 spears and 2 archers
3 swords will finish in 2 turns

Suggest to move 10 swords to the north after 2 turns, go for Nottingham from the hills, then York. If we succede, the English are gone.
Just an ocasional warrior/archer is comming from the south keep the spears 1 archer and 1 sword down there.

zyxy_530BC.JPG

View attachment 108654

That's fantastic nerovats! Way to pull out of a very tough situation. Smart decision to pull back from Canterbury to heal.

Canterbury kept it's harbor too! That + Rax is very nice.

lurker's comment: :worship: Wish I were still here [party]

Lurkers Comment

Great turnset nero! the english are just about on their deathbed if you keep pressing, geez next time why dont you guys try a challenging game :p

Pre-turn
Move elite swordsman from Kiev to Smolensk

Turn 1
Move stack of 6 swords to Nottingham
IT
Contact with China.

Turn 2
Reg sword dies attacking archer on hill. Vet swordsman kills him. [1-1]
IT
Buy CB for 60 gold from China

Turn 3
Trade 204 gold for Masonry and Myst

Turn 4
Nottingham captured without loses [3-1]

Turn 5
Buy TM from china for 13 gold.
Move 3 swordsmans and archer to Dyes city
Move 6 swordsmans to York
Kill english archer [4-1]
IT
Sword win vs archer. [5-1]
China declares WAR! England and China had signed MA against us.

Turn 6
York captured! [9-2]
Hastings captured! [11-2]
Make peace with England for Math, Poly and The Whell.
Starting FP in Kiev
Lower lux slider to 20%

Turn 7-10
Nothing important. We have settler. Writing will be researched in one turn.
England was moved to tundra :beer:

Lurkers Comment

Don't build the FP in Kiev. This is Vanilla not C3C, the positioning of the FP actually has a huge impact in Vanilla.

tupaclives said:
Lurkers Comment

Don't build the FP in Kiev. This is Vanilla not C3C, the positioning of the FP actually has a huge impact in Vanilla.

I agree 100%. The FP should be built on the land East of Hastings. China has some unfourtunate land. It will be slow to conquer.

Looks good! (No time to look in detail as I haven't done my packing yet.:) ) Well done on the conquering (RNG appears to be making up for the bad luck we had during McLMan's turnset) and tech deals. Shame that we didn't have a gpt deal for techs with China but I guess you can't have it all your own way. England's only threat is now from flips I imagine.

I'm not sure that I agree with the other posters on FP placement though. If we are going to handbuild the FP, Kiev seems like the best place for it to go as long as we then look to then jump the palace somewhere else of course.

Ah the palace jump. :confused: Something I never remember to consider. Good Idea. I'll go back and re-read Chinese Dynasty.

Great progres. Nice piece of land we got now.
Agree with Tone on FP, I think this city is perfect, later jump palace to other island.

OK I know I wasnt intrested in joining at the start but with an open spot now available, then if noone has any objections i'd love to join. I'll start playing the turns now but if anyone objects to me being in the team then I'll just leave it.

Thanks Smart, I hope you speak for everyone. If you do, then consider this a 'got-it'

Pre-turn Thoughts
Take a look at the cities, everything seems to be in order. Not certain of the intended spot for the settler from Moscow so send him 2 tiles south of the game E of St Petersburg.

IBT - Writing comes in. Not sure if we want to go straight for Republic or not. England has philo, CoL, MM, HBR, Monarchy and construction and possibly republic on us so not quite sure what to research. Currency they lack as does China. But even at max allowable research would take 23 turns. Set to CoL with 1 scientist. Opt not to make embassy's. Zulu's finish the Great Wall.

Turn 1 - Minsk: Sword --> Sword. Heres when I see something else very interesting. Tell me who else sees it.

Thats right its a border. Green or yellow, its impossible to tell, in fact we rnt even meant to be able to see that tile :lol: but lucky us we know theres someone else there as well as the dark green to the south of China (hopefully get that contact from China for peace). Check to see if England have contacts with other nations and they have contact with the Japanese, Persians and Zulu.

Now heres the difficult decision. We are at best 15 turns from MM to be able to fight with China. We are also 15 turns of peace with England left. How much military build up do we want? Do we take this opportunity to build up our infra? Whats our plan here? I'll pause here as I want to know what the team think should be done with regards the borders to the east and west. 15 turns we could have our own galleys and meet them. Otoh we could buy them straight up from the English or maybe get 1 for peace with china. Also I want to know what you think we should do with this 15 turns before we can fight anyone (assuming we actualyl care about our rep otherwise we could just attack england again ;))

This is practically a pre turn thoughts still as I've moved a settler n thats it :lol:

Ok, I'll try to answer to your questions :)
I think that borders are green - persians.
We should first conquer England, and then start on China. They can't do much damage to us via sea. We may start world conquest with Knights later.
If we are going to knights, we have to build now horses for upgrade.

About peace treaty and reputation. This is second thread, where i have to post this LINK :(
"Peace treaty reputation
Well, there is no such a thing. It means if you sign or renew a peace treaty and declare within 20 turns, you do not incur a rep hit, unless by doing so you break a gpt deal (within the same peace treaty or not)"

No I have read that article, but my question is whether or not receiving things via the peace treaty (which I don't no whether we did or not) ie. gold, maps etc. and then breaking the peace treaty before the 20 turns has expired counts as violating a gpt deal. As far as I can tell it does in say a MA or with a RoP agreement but does it in peace?

Top Bottom