[BtS] Diversica

Bugfix 1.50a released. It adds the XXL world worldsizes again, which I forgot in the initial release - including the new Ultra size from the just released XXL Worlds 1.5b as well :)

Mamba, with your new release I will start looking through your art and do the same as I did with Avian's. Is there a poly limit you would like to set. If you do I will mark down ones above that limit so you could decide on what to do with them.

For LoR phungus has pretty much set a hardcoded limit of 2000, as that is one of his mods selling points. But if all your after is optimization, I see no need for making Diversica have a set limit. But I would suggest cutting things that have an insane poly count like 4000+.

Mamba, with your new release I will start looking through your art and do the same as I did with Avian's. Is there a poly limit you would like to set. If you do I will mark down ones above that limit so you could decide on what to do with them.

For LoR phungus has pretty much set a hardcoded limit of 2000, as that is one of his mods selling points. But if all your after is optimization, I see no need for making Diversica have a set limit. But I would suggest cutting things that have an insane poly count like 4000+.

I have no fixed polycount limit and am not sure there really is a point in one. Foot units come in packs of 3, mechanized units are one unit only, so they should get away with more polys imo.

I agree that I do not want excessively high-poly units in either case, but I would not draw a strict line. If you let me know of any unit exceeding 2500 (human) or 3500 (ship / plane / mechanized) polys or optimize those, that would be much appreciated :D

If you come across some units you already did optimize for LoR, let me now. I did update the ones you optimized for VD.

I also have no idea just how much difference for a MAF this would actually make (and how much difference a large textures makes in comparison). I did resize some of the larger dds files, so I should not have any exceeding 256x256 now, if you catch some that slipped by, please let me know :)

Thanks for doing this :)

I also have no idea just how much difference for a MAF this would actually make (and how much difference a large textures makes in comparison).

I cannot tell you which affects MAFs more, texture size or poly count, but after reducing both I got favourable feedback claiming to have greatly reduced MAFs, so it's definitely worth it!

And achilleszero is doing an awsome job, thanks once more!:goodjob:

On the really big maps; huge, giant, mega, (whatever their called) do they have a definable landmass? What I mean is, I like to play big maps with lots of civs and only tried one of the big maps one time. It was just one big landmass with ice on the top and bottom. There was no coast. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

On the really big maps; huge, giant, mega, (whatever their called) do they have a definable landmass? What I mean is, I like to play big maps with lots of civs and only tried one of the big maps one time. It was just one big landmass with ice on the top and bottom. There was no coast. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

The landmass looks just like it would on a regular map size, just bigger.

Was this in the latest version ? What type of map ?

I wish I could give details, but this was a while ago. It wasn't even this mod that I tried it on. It was two different mods but they both did the same. I selected monstrous world size and probably terra if that was possible. Eh, I'll just try it again and see what happens.

I wish I could give details, but this was a while ago. It wasn't even this mod that I tried it on. It was two different mods but they both did the same. I selected monstrous world size and probably terra if that was possible. Eh, I'll just try it again and see what happens.

If so, it was a bug in that mod (whichever one it was), I saw something like that at one time too, but it should not happen with my mod. I have been using larger sizes and they worked as intended - granted I did not try all kinds of maps.

I do not think it contains either.

Eventually I will make the switch to RevDCM, but simply adding the WoC Lite dll was easier for now (no xml merging involved).

With RevDCM 2.51 released (and modularized by me) it seems to be a good next step though, when I come around to updating my mod again.

Better AI is mandatory. I'll be keeping an eye on this mod, but I guess I'll stick to VD for now.

Up until the latest version it did not even contain a dll, to keep it compatible with regular CIV (of course, then everyone could just plug in the BBAI dll), but I decided to merge the WoC and regular version instead of maintaining two.

I am thinking about going with the RevDCM dll in the future, which contains AI improvements and some gameplay improvements.

I do not intend to roll my own dll however, I will stick with one which is already made and maintained by someone.

I just installed Diversica, but I'm not getting any interface with this. I have previously installed Bug in the custom assets folder, could there be a conflict with this?

I just installed Diversica, but I'm not getting any interface with this. I have previously installed Bug in the custom assets folder, could there be a conflict with this?

There certainly could be, there is an overlap in the Python files. So I guess that is the most likely reason.

Just remove everything from your CustomAsstes folder (or rename it) to make sure.

Yes. That worked.

Love the MOD! But I'm having a problem and was wondering if anyone else had run into this:
-Israeli and Romanian leaders don't show
-Nubia has no UU or UB showing
These are missing even though the pedia entries are there. I reinstalled to try that. I'm not that experienced with XML, but if pointed in the right direction I will fix it.
Anyone see this issue before?

Love the MOD! But I'm having a problem and was wondering if anyone else had run into this:
-Israeli and Romanian leaders don't show
-Nubia has no UU or UB showing
These are missing even though the pedia entries are there. I reinstalled to try that. I'm not that experienced with XML, but if pointed in the right direction I will fix it.
Anyone see this issue before?

Glad you like the mod :)

I just checked, the leaders do show up for me, Nubia has a UB but some issue with the UU (there is the Medjay Archer, it does not say it is unique to Nubia though, even though I see no issues in the xml).

Will have to look into this one some more.

Top Bottom