New Leaders Spreadsheet

While updating the above graphs I did notice something odd. The religion aspect of a the game was a long lived idea. Those Religion numbers were listed in the xml documents way back but we couldn't tie them to existing game mechanics. Now we know...:lol:

Both these are very helpful - thanks.

Why did they make Gandhi off-the-charts for nukes? Indira Gandhi cranked up their nuclear program, not Mohandas, but they aren't close (presumably) to the production of the Non-Proliferation countries, or even countries with power plants. In the game I've always wiped out India so I've never seen them get to that point, but even if it's to balance out their relative passiveness, I still think it's overboard. Has anyone here ever suffered from their wrath? Do they actually become warmongers at the very end?

It's doesn't have to do with Indira, back in Civ I days, Gandhi had aggressive rating of 1, the lowest, but a bug with civilization adopting Democracy in the late game dropped aggressive level by 2, which was fine for all the other leaders, but for Gandhi, it rolled him over to 255, because it didn't have round up to 0 check, so Gandhi would suddenly turn into a psychopath, and people loved it.

I was browsing through the source files and came across the descriptions to all the personality members each leader has. Most are obvious, but some were less so and are now confirmed (especially that DiploBalance!).

I updated the first post with them if anybody is interested.

--------

It's doesn't have to do with Indira, back in Civ I days, Gandhi had aggressive rating of 1, the lowest, but a bug with civilization adopting Democracy in the late game dropped aggressive level by 2, which was fine for all the other leaders, but for Gandhi, it rolled him over to 255, because it didn't have round up to 0 check, so Gandhi would suddenly turn into a psychopath, and people loved it.

Awesome! Finally, I know the origins behind this odd design decision. I still don't like it, but now it makes sense at least. Interesting stuff... :D

Hey everybody.

There's something that I don't get, Alexander's City State Competetitveness (aka how much he gets mad if you steal one of its City State, correct me if I'm wrong) is still set to 3 (ie not that much actually) ? Whereas he has nice UA for City State, this is kinda counter intuitive.

I thought this was some kind of bug that was fixed in early revisions of the game.

Thx !

Hey everybody.

There's something that I don't get, Alexander's City State Competetitveness (aka how much he gets mad if you steal one of its City State, correct me if I'm wrong) is still set to 3 (ie not that much actually) ? Whereas he has nice UA for City State, this is kinda counter intuitive.

I thought this was some kind of bug that was fixed in early revisions of the game.

Thx !

I actually kind of remember that from back then. But, I believe it was his CS Conquest flavor that they lowered quite a bit. Because, once they're dead (by him), his ability is of no use in that instance.

The new bullying feature is another matter, and I actually think his flavor for that should be a little higher (his ability works and benefits him both ways! They'll forgive him twice as fast.). But, it's probably so because the AI probably can't bully the way a player would and would probably do foolish plays - like bullying CS in which they have a decent amount of influence with instead of others that are still sitting at neutral influence and ripe for bullying. I guess it's best left at a lower value.

I believe the competitiveness just controls how fast they get angry with you by adjusting threshold numbers within the diplomacy AI. Alex already gets angry with you for almost everything else anyway. :)

Perhaps the devs felt it unnecessary for him to flip out over other civs befriending "his" city-states and instead he shows a pompous and unconcerned attitude (of course, he doesn't really ;)) towards you because he knows his influence with them degrades at half the speed and he's paying half the amount of gold needed for their time and perks. So, with wealth being equal and both managing to complete quests, in the long run he'll probably win.

It's good that he's quite protective of them, though. This way other civs don't wipe them off the map. But, if they do, Alex will have a nice friend/ally for a while if he happens to liberate the CS. (I wonder if this flavor is applied to an AI strategy to take back CS cities and liberate them.... doubt it, but that would be nice.)

I "do" think his gold flavor should be kicked up just a few points. Gold isn't as valuable for buying influence anymore, but for Alex, it's a different story since he's get twice the duration/perks from doing so.

Hi

Love your speadsheet

Just a suggestion, at the bottom you could create a new row accross under Air Carrier called total, if the first row is D, in the formula you could stick =SUM(D4:D60), then copy that cell and select all the rest of the cells and paste. Forgot to post this info here a while back

Example.
Spoiler :

Cant thank you enought, hope to see a updated version in BNW

Thank you Barragor. I had just asked for this (not as thoroughly as you have prepared) in another thread! I just signed on to see any responses, and find this lovely chart!

This should be in the "Civ 5: Important Threads" section!!

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't locate the new version? The links only take me to the versions from last year?

Warmonger hate for all the leaders are still pretty high only a few have low and only a few have high

the average is 5 or 6 which is pretty high

Interesting spreadsheet. I don't think Kamehameha is as chilled out though, In my last game he was my nearest neighbour. He denounced me on turn 10 before I had even settled a new city. He declared war on me around turn 30 and would NOT give up until I took his capital on turn 310. I settled well away from him, but that didn't stop him from settling two cities well within my territory.

This was on Emperor. If not for his blatant and unprovoked aggression, I would have finished much sooner. While I was in almost constant war with him Russian and Greece ran away, so I had them to worry about though. Also annoying was that he had an amazing defensive set up with mountains and hills plus the Great Wall!

Maybe it's the patch.

Top Bottom