SOTD43: Proof Of Alien Contact With The Ancients!
Musketeer935

SOTD43: Proof Of Alien Contact With The Ancients!

So, I was playing in the Ancient age... and I got this Great Spy, and I build the scotland yard with it. It appears that the Ancients hired some Alien help to build it. Or maybe this is just the Ancient Tower of Babel. (It IS in Babylon.)
Well, it does produce an electrical current, but I think it was for electroplating, not for lightbulbs. My grandpa was the chairman of the Ancient Astronaut Society, and although I don't believe in ancient aliens, I admire his work in revealing to the public previously unknown sites, like Nasca, Machu Picchu (yes, it's a wonder now, but they both were pretty much unknown before) and in Tibet, and Central America, etc.

And I think that when someone thinks that it was a battery because it looks similar to a modern battery makes a huge mistake. Ancient Astronaut Society? I fight with such theories since 2006 and I am shocked in how ridiculous theories people can believe. I'm glad though that you do not believe in this crap.

Yeah I always do this too, makes me feel more advanced than my Civ really is lol.
Intimidating to the barbs.... that's what I pretend.

Aquila SPQR said:
"After all, what about that Baghdad battery? (anyone here know what I'm talking about?)"

Actually it's not a battery. The fact that few people want to see a modern thing in an ancient thing just to write a book about it and earn some money do not mean that ancients actually knew what an electricity is and knew how to build and use batteries. The cases of Battery from Bagdhad or Dendera lightbulbs are hoaxes - totally ridiculous theories which can spread across internet very quickly and gain much popularity among teenagers who think something like this - "wow,it's so cool so it has to be true! I don't care about archeologists point of view, Daeniken said that archeologists are dumb and I believe him even when I do not have an idea about archeology". I am very interested in archeology and can assure you - there was no batteries, lightbulbs and other "super modern" things in ancient times :)

I've found that when watching the Discovery Channel/History Channel, most archeologists are very skeptical, you're right. I mean, If it WAS a battery, why wouldn't any wires or anything that the battery powered be there? I mean, c'mon!

EDIT: I just noticed how the Scotland Yard is right beside Stonehenge. It mustve actually been a landing site for aliens, not a calender-type thing. Or maybe its a time machine lol.

lol
Hmmm... Mabye someone should do an ancient Scotland Yard?

Haha nice one!!

BUT... What are all the extra buttons in the cityscreen for??? And the yellow GP thing at the top? And the "field of view" slide? :)

Since I'm the only one commenting on them they must be pretty common.(Yes, NOOB is written in my forehead already thank you)

Can anyone help me get them please? :)

Muffinman said:
Haha nice one!!

BUT... What are all the extra buttons in the cityscreen for??? And the yellow GP thing at the top? And the "field of view" slide? :)

Since I'm the only one commenting on them they must be pretty common.(Yes, NOOB is written in my forehead already thank you)

'its the BUG mod. its pretty cool, makes access easier and an easier interface

archeology and can assure you - there was no batteries, lightbulbs and other "super modern" things in ancient times

but... but... that can't be true... I saw on TV that the Egyptians had airplanes, because they found a stone model that looked like an airplane, and when you added a rudder to the back, it's aerodynamics made it flyable. That's plenty of proof, regardless of what stupid "educated" people say. :rolleyes:

jsweeney said:
Muffinman said:
Haha nice one!!

'its the BUG mod. its pretty cool, makes access easier and an easier interface

Actually, I'm using LoR, which includes the bug mod, so yes, you're kind of right.

Media information

Category
Civ4 - Screenshot of the Day
Added by
Musketeer935
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top Bottom