Moar Units Mod

Moar Units Mod 1.2

Greetings! This Civilization VI mod adds 10 general units and 2 additional unique units for each Civilization.

Even Moar Units
Even Moar Units: Australia
Even Moar Units: The Aztecs
Even Moar Units: Poland
Even Moar Units: Macedon & Persia

Unit Info:

Scout now upgrades to Explorer then Ranger then Recon.

Pikeman now upgrades to Gatling Gun then AT Crew. Anti-Cavalry bonus increase to +20 vs Light Cavalry and +15 vs Heavy Cavalry.

Catapult upgrades to Trebuchet then Bombard.

Field Cannon upgrades to Sniper then Modern Sniper.

Swordsman upgrades to Longswordsman then Musketman.

Musketman now upgrades to Rifleman and Rifleman upgrades to Infantry.

Knight now upgrades to Cuirassier and Cuirassier upgrades to Tank.

Rider (formerly Horseman) now upgrades to Horseman and Horseman upgrades to Cavalry.

Unique Unit Info:

Minuteman (America)
American unique Industrial era unit that replaces Musketman. Slightly stronger than Musketman, and gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory. Also gains additional +5 is fighting in Forest or Jungle.

AH-64 Apache (America)
American unique Atomic Era Light Cavalry unit. +10 Combat Strength versus Heavy Cavalry units.

Camel Archer (Arabia)
Arabian unique Classical era unit. Gains additional +8 Combat Strength when fighting on Desert or Plains.

Ghazi (Arabia)
Arabian unique melee unit that replaces the Swordsman. +5 [ICON_Strength] Combat Strength when opponent is another religion. Yields 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith on combat victory. Converts captured cities to player's religion. May be purchased with Faith.

Landsknecht (Germany)
German unique Medieval era unit that replaces Pikeman. Half the cost of Pikeman but must be purchased with gold.

Tiger I (Germany)
German unique Tank replacement that has +5 Combat Strength when attacking.

Peltast (Greece)
Greek unique Ranged unit that replaces Archer. Stronger ranged attack and melee defence than Archer but with Range 1.

Armatolos (Greece)
Greek unique melee unit that replaces Rifleman. +5 Combat Strength on Hills and ignores Hills movement penalty.

Phalanx (Sumeria)
Sumerian unique Ancient era unit that replaces the Spearman. The Phalanx is available with the discovery of the Mining technology. +8 Combat Strength if fighting within 8 tiles of a Ziggurat improvement.

Sickle Swordsman (Sumeria)
Sumerian unique melee unit. +5 Combat Strength versus damaged units.

Cho-ko-nu (China)
Chinese unique Medieval era ranged unit that replaces Crossbowman. Slightly less strong than the Crossbowman, but can attack twice per turn.

Shigong (China)
Chinese unique support unit available with the Military Training Civic. Adjacent Melee, Cavalry, Anti-Cavalry and Ranged units get +5 Combat Strength and earn more experience. Must have a Barracks to build.

Jinete (Spain)
Spanish unique ranged unit that replaces Horseman. Yields 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith on combat victory if fighting on same continent as capital.

Tercio (Spain)
Spanish unique Renaissance era anti-cavalry unit.

Eques (Rome)
Roman unique cavalry unit that replaces Horseman. +5 Combat Strength when fighting next to Legion or Warrior unit. Yields 33% of defeated units' as Gold on combat victory.

Onager (Rome)
Roman unique siege unit. Stronger than the Catapult it replaces.

Druzhina Cavalry (Russia)
Russian unique cavalry unit that replaces Horseman. +5 Combat Strength versus damaged units and +4 Combat Strength against Melee units.

T-34 (Russia)
Russian unique Tank replacement that costs less to build and less maintenance. +5 Combat Strength in or adjacent to own territory.

Hirdman (Norway)
Norweigian unique Classical era unit that replaces Swordsman. +5 Combat Strength and yields 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Culture on combat victory if fighting on same continent as capital.

Ulfhedinn (Norway)
Norwegian unique support unit available with the Mysticism Civic. Adjacent units receive +5 Combat Strength versus undamaged units and +10 Combat Strength versus damaged units. Yield 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith if combat is won within one tile.

Mughal Sowar (India)
Indian unique Medieval era heavy cavalry unit that replaces Knight. Ignores terrain costs. Heals +15 per turn when on or adjacent to a Stepwell improvement.

Sepoy (India)
Indian unique melee unit that replaces the Rifleman. Fights at full Combat Strength when damaged.

Longbowman (England)
English unique Medieval era ranged unit that replaces the Crossbowman. +4 Combat Strength against Melee and Cavalry units with a further +4 Combat Strength if adjacent to another Longbowman unit.

Ironside (England)
English unique Renaissance Era Heavy Cavalry unit available with the Reformed Church Civic. +5 Combat Strength in or adjacent to own territory and +5 Combat Strength when opponent is another religion.

Sohei (Japan)
Japanese unique unit available with the Feudalism Civic. Can be purchased with Faith. +10 Combat Strength when defending.

Yamato (Japan)
Japanese unique naval ranged unit. Stronger than the Battleship it replaces.

Amazon Scout (Scythia)
Scythian unique Ancient era recon unit that is stronger than the regular Scout.

Amazon Cavalry (Scythia)
Scythian unique Medieval era heavy cavalry unit that replaces Knight. +1 movement over Knight and can attack twice per turn.

Bandeirante (Brazil)
Brazilian unique Renaissance era recon unit that replaces the Ranger. Available earlier than the Ranger at Gunpowder. Can build forts. Yields 25% of defeated units' combat strength as Gold and 25% of defeated units' combat strength as Culture.

Fatherland Volunteer (Brazil)
Brazilian unique Industrial era melee unit that replaces the Rifleman. Cheaper than the Rifleman and costs less maintenance.

Hyksos Bowman (Egypt)
Egyptian unique ranged unit that it stronger than the Archer it replaces.

Tessarakonteres (Egypt)
Egyptian unique naval ranged unit. Stronger than the Quadrireme it replaces and has range 2 instead of 1.

Gendarme (France)
French unique Medieval era heavy cavalry unit that replaces Knight. +5 Combat Strength when attacking.

Marine (France)
French unique melee unit that replaces Musketman. +5 Combat Strength on foreign continents. Amphibious - no attack penalty when attacking from sea or across rivers.

Medicine Man (Kongo)
Kongolese unique support unit replacing Medic but available earlier with the Mysticism Civic. Heals units plus adjacent Melee, Cavalry, Anti-Cavalry and Ranged units yield 50% of defeated units' Combat Strength as Faith on combat victory. May be purchased with Faith.

Garde Republicaine (Kongo)
Kongolese unique Information era melee unit that replaces Mechanized Infantry. +10 Combat Strength when attacking or defending districts.

Installation Instructions

1. Unzip the zip file.
2. The MOAR_Units directory should be copied into your Mods folder (.../Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/).
3. Enable enable Moar Units! via the checkbox under Additional Content.

Re-Use in Other Mods
I'm happy for anything from Moar Units to be re-used and reworked in other mods. Go ahead! (Github link)

Discussion Thread

Have fun!
Author
Deliverator
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.80 star(s) 25 ratings

More resources from Deliverator

Latest updates

1. 1.2 Update

Rise and Fall Update! * Recon unit dropped because Spec Ops unit now exists. * Gatling Gun and...
  2. 1.11 Update

* Fix - Bandeirante now has 1 building charge to build a fort. * Reorganised translation text to...
  3. 1.1 Update

Gameplay * Weakened Chokonu and increased cost and maintenance. * Reduce Yamato combat and give...
  4. 1.04 Update

* New Trebuchet Unit! Sits between Catapult and Bombard in the Siege line. * Recon units no...
  5. 1.03 Update

* Fixed for Summer Patch.
  6. 1.02 Update

* Update Spanish translation.
  7. 1.01 Update

* Sniper reduced to base Combat 60, Ranged Combat 63 * Modern Sniper reduced to base Combat 70...
  8. 1.0 Update

BIG Moar Units 1.0 Update 5 New/Changed General Units: ----------------------------...
  9. 0.90 Update

Version released to Steam on 13th June 2017: Gameplay * Jinete and Druzhina now replace the...
  10. 0.84 Update

Gameplay * Fixed: Sumerian War Cart upgrades to Knight * Amazon Scout now gets free recon promo...

Latest reviews

Outstanding addition to vanilla Civilization VI. Highly recommended with Warfare Expanded mod.
very good mod but could you had unit for the new leader of rise and fall khmer and indonesia please
Makes warfare quite a lot more interesting and blends with the game seamlessly, must have mod
are you kidding me? had a great game going to landsknecht, but instead of half the cost it is double the cost at 400. what the hell
Deliverator
Deliverator
The price in gold starts at 100, but then increases with each Landsknecht purchased like Settlers. Is it possible you had already built a couple before the cost reached 400?
Very nice! I like how the units have really cool historic names and the balancing is cool! I was trying something myself and maybe you could help me out? I would like to either edit trade routes making external trade routes better than internal ones (same perks as internal trade routes plus gold for example) or what i would like even more is creating some kind of international trade unit, being able to have one/serveral per civ you are at peace with! That would make a lot of sense because economy encourages peace. You would have to consider going to war because it could cripple your economics, which makes the rest of the winning options more atractive and would make other civs like cleopatra really attractive ( to play with... i mean as a ruler! :D).
Great mod, it elevate this game on totally different level.
Really ads to the game. Question are you going to make one for the Aus DLC?
Excelent mod. Ads many exciting new unique units and a couple for all civs that are badly missing from base game for now.
Great mod. It gave the game a Civ 5 feel. I like what you did with Knights line. It is not as empty as it was before. Carts>Knights>Tanks.

Thank you
I'm loving all your Moar Units mods!
Top Bottom