2K Would Like to Hear From You!

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Hello,

i have answered fully the survey.

i have written a small review in my own words, also left my email if i can contribute in some way for the civ series.

i love this game (civ4+3+2+1), i hope 2k will give us more treats like civ4 in the coming years and this survey will help.

keldath.

This is an indirect confirmation of a new Civ game on the way.

In any case don't answer that survey.

It's for their marketing department so they know to whom and where to advertise (ie. what people/sites to buy), not about our opinions or whatever fairy tales you want to believe. Those things are decided way before we even hear about the project.

It's for their marketing department so they know to whom and where to advertise (ie. what people/sites to buy), not about our opinions or whatever fairy tales you want to believe. Those things are decided way before we even hear about the project.

Some of it would be useful for their marketing department, but I don't think the direction of the game would be set in stone at this point. Granted, it's hard to say at what point they are in its development, but Rising Tide was just released, so if they are planning to do Civ6 next, this would be a logical time to be in ramp-up mode, having more people working on Civ6 and fewer on Beyond Earth. And if it is indeed in ramp-up mode, there's still ample room to change preliminary decisions.

If this were the official announcement, it may be a bit late to make significant changes. But I suspect we're still at least 10 months out - Civ3 through 5 have all come out in September or October - and if so, there would still be a decent amount of flexibility. Maybe not complete changes, but enough to put extra emphasis on certain aspects of the game.

So, I filled it out. Made suggestions to focus on AI and diplomacy as areas that haven't been as strong, and have competing games that I've been playing more due to being stronger in those areas. While I don't expect Sid to read my feedback and decide that's exactly what should be done, I figure it doesn't take long to fill out, and I've certainly played the Civ series enough to warrant it.

Gave my feedback as well. Also think a civ6 is in the makings. Would fit well with this survey timing as pointed out above. I wish civ to go back to its roots. Less civ5 more of the past styles (with improvements ofcourse.) For me 1 unit each tile failed and ai is weak. And please show some love for mp community. Civ5 almost killed the great community in civ3 and 4.

"This question requires an answer." No "None" option.
" 6. Which online retailers have you previously purchased video gaming content from (Check all that apply)"

Can't complete the poll if one has never bought an online game...
... significant mistake ?
I take it as it is. Poll starts full of brands and demographics info. Very appealing, that it is.

Top Bottom