“The Feminist”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, you could at least offer your own interpretation.

This is like a restaurant ad with 2star average reviews with no online menu... "Just order you fools!" demands the owner.

Thats a very different interpretation than mine.

A story about gaslighting and emotional abuse against a disadvantaged gender?

So are you saying basically this is a story blaming women for the existence and behavior of incels?

Not even remotely. It's a story about feminists for feminists.

Last edited:
i answered this three times in the thread, so if you are too lazy to read the thread you definitely won’t read the work of fiction I stated was a work of fiction.

All you've said is "it's fiction". Maybe you're too lazy to write more than a two word description of the thing you're wanting everyone else to read?

All the main characters are feminists.

Not really. Would you want to expand on why you would argue that they are while figuring out spoiler tags?

Well I made it through 7 paragraphs. It seems to be written by someone who doesn't know how to write.

Well, I'm sure the old college try is appreciated. :lol:

Not really. Would you want to expand on why you would argue that they are while figuring out spoiler tags?

Yes really, and no.

Okay, so I slogged through this. Like @Manfred Belheim says, this is really, really poorly written.

For those of you still wondering: it's a story from an incel's perspective, a real creep who doesn't understand why women won't have sex with him, and blames women. He goes through a spiral of self pity, and he gets worse and worse.

I'm guessing the "hero" of this story is supposed to be his non-binary "friend?" The only really palatable part of this mess of a story is when the main character gets schooled:

Spoiler :
He presses his lips shut while his brain feels like a swirling case of lottery balls, as his friend, pausing to hit a spliff, continues: “I mean, what the fudge do you want? Somehow you got a horsehocky deal. Nobody knows why. Maybe it’s like you never really grappled with this horsehocky because you thought you were exempt. But you refuse to change and are shocked when nothing changes. It’s not like you enjoy it, but you do enjoy pushing other people’s faces in it, that’s your main consolation. Weird how you’re always right about rejection, since nobody’s ever had it worse, nobody’s as pure and as wronged as you. Yo everyone! Check out the Woman Respecter! Last principled man right here! And that’s why you need it, because you get to convince yourself you’re being rejected for your virtue, not cause you’re a bummer. You’ve turned your loneliness into this, like, fetish necklace of martyrdom. And all of us,” they gesture around to other picnickers, “have to sit here and rubber-stamp your feminism. If we don’t indulge your wallowing, we’re being callous and, like, complicit with some diabolical global conspiracy that’s keeping you from getting laid. But if we do, then we’re ‘disingenuous’ because none of us will fudge you ourselves. Right? Am I right, everyone? Hands up, who agrees?”

I'm guessing the title of this story is meant to be ironic/sarcastic? I do think a lot of you should consider reading this (if you can get through the awful prose), because it's sort of a good insight I think into the sickness of this young man, and his horrid misogyny (as long as you realize he's not supposed to be a hero, but rather the villain of his own story)

@Hygro I don't know why you wouldn't just tell us what it was about?

Another hero is
Spoiler :
his 23-year-old internet doppelganger who tells him "this place is like staring into a ****** up cursed mirror where the longer you stare at it the uglier you get, but it’s so fascinating you keep staring."

I also think the role of the "QPOC agender friend" is complicated by the fact that they weren't helpful to him when he calls them. But then again, he was asking the wrong person, as the friend pointed out. And obviously his male coworkers (who really appear throughout the story as basically every guy who isn't an incel--from his perspective, anyway) give him even worse advice.
Longer than I thought, but considering I read an article a while back that argued that all male/female sexual intercourse is by definition rape, figured this couldn't be more out there than that and was not disappointed:

Spoiler :
If you let people teach you that your normal and healthy sexuality is diseased, you will learn to make sure it is diseased and no longer healthy or normal. Being diseased will not help interpersonal interactions be positive or healthy. Seems pretty straightforward. I mean, unless we want to try and argue that rejection and loneliness aren't a form of pain(and that learning your identity is fundamentally the fault is probably flat-out bullying) and that people should man up and bottle it until everyone that wants to pretend it isn't there can, and ignore the cost?

Edit: I mean, the super deep dive starts getting into why Dr. Frankenstein wanted what he wanted and why it was "monstrous" but I think that might be a bit far afield. Was there anything in specific that made it stand out as particularly relevant or interesting that you want to bounce off the wall a couple times, Hygro?
Did anyone intend to teach him that? Yes, a lot of his problem was people only teaching him what not to do, but a lot of what he was told not to do wasn't what he ever even wanted. Not originally, anyway

Okay, so I slogged through this. Like @Manfred Belheim says, this is really, really poorly written.

For those of you still wondering: it's a story from an incel's perspective, a real creep who doesn't understand why women won't have sex with him, and blames women. He goes through a spiral of self pity, and he gets worse and worse.

I'm guessing the "hero" of this story is supposed to be his non-binary "friend?" The only really palatable part of this mess of a story is when the main character gets schooled:

Spoiler :
He presses his lips shut while his brain feels like a swirling case of lottery balls, as his friend, pausing to hit a spliff, continues: “I mean, what the fudge do you want? Somehow you got a **** deal. Nobody knows why. Maybe it’s like you never really grappled with this **** because you thought you were exempt. But you refuse to change and are shocked when nothing changes. It’s not like you enjoy it, but you do enjoy pushing other people’s faces in it, that’s your main consolation. Weird how you’re always right about rejection, since nobody’s ever had it worse, nobody’s as pure and as wronged as you. Yo everyone! Check out the Woman Respecter! Last principled man right here! And that’s why you need it, because you get to convince yourself you’re being rejected for your virtue, not cause you’re a bummer. You’ve turned your loneliness into this, like, fetish necklace of martyrdom. And all of us,” they gesture around to other picnickers, “have to sit here and rubber-stamp your feminism. If we don’t indulge your wallowing, we’re being callous and, like, complicit with some diabolical global conspiracy that’s keeping you from getting laid. But if we do, then we’re ‘disingenuous’ because none of us will fudge you ourselves. Right? Am I right, everyone? Hands up, who agrees?”

I'm guessing the title of this story is meant to be ironic/sarcastic? I do think a lot of you should consider reading this (if you can get through the awful prose), because it's sort of a good insight I think into the sickness of this young man, and his horrid misogyny (as long as you realize he's not supposed to be a hero, but rather the villain of his own story)

@Hygro I don't know why you wouldn't just tell us what it was about?

I didn't think it was very good.

I think a problem these days is men and women don't know how to interact with each other. Men don't know what to do in a lot of cases, women same boat with a lot of pressure due to things like Tinder.

I think a problem these days is men and women don't know how to interact with each other.
This is largely what I thought of it. Though not sure about “these days” in particular (excluding the past—and don’t really want to get into that either).

Did anyone intend to teach him that? Yes, a lot of his problem was people only teaching him what not to do, but a lot of what he was told not to do wasn't what he ever even wanted. Not originally, anyway

Probably not? It's nice guy syndrome in "woke" clothing. Where one thinks that because they follow all "the rules" people will respect them. They won't. You'll get walked on if you don't bite back. Some of those people will intend to do the walking on, and they will definitely say that it's right for them to be so walking, and that snapping back at them when they do it is some version of wrong/evil. He is the villain of his story, in that he's his own worst enemy. He's internalized so much BS, let fear rule him so long, that the inevitable snap back is likewise BS and dysfunctional.

He's only pretending to respect women because he thinks that's a way to get sex. I tell you we can smell that, and it stinks really bad.

His "friends" (who probably don't think of him as their friend) all know this, but are kind to him anyway.

The beginning is more interesting than the middle or the end. He's not out for sex at the roots of the problem. Most guys aren't. Yet the baseline problems grow from there. Hell, I can see the bullfeathers clouds on the horizon in 2nd grade, there are scattered showers already.

He's only pretending to respect women because he thinks that's a way to get sex. I tell you we can smell that, and it stinks really bad.

His "friends" (who probably don't think of him as their friend) all know this, but are kind to him anyway.

I was really blunt when younger.

Do you want sex? Yes. But if I'm sleeping with you there's a reason, if we've gone that far I want to be with you.

I didn't use em and lose em. Made plenty of other stupid mistakes. No real idea to this day how to date as such. Been with the same women for 19 years though.

Because it’s art, so it’s meant to be experienced as is. This is of course your interpretation, and to hear it from you with less bias and a cleaner slate than if I had given you one is better. Thanks for your take.

I tried to post this earlier dunno if this is about to be a double post from like 7 hours ago

Edit @MaryKB

Hmmm. I waded through this badly written mess written from the point of view of a man who clearly does not understand women. He's not an incel, though. He just has a damaged psyche from years of being undesirable and wallowing in self pity.

Spoiler :
I find it highly unlikely that a man who was a "feminist" as much as this man appears to have been at one time in his life could not have found a woman sympathetic to his sensibilities, if indeed he was actually sincere in his beliefs. It appears that his adopted feminism was sincere enough that his female friends never thought of him as more than "one of the girls" and not a romantic interest. Or they thought he was insincere. Either/or he wound up striking out with everyone that he tried to date. I'm sorry, but almost no one has that sort of bad luck without some sort of serious personality disorder that makes them unattractive to the opposite sex. The fact that they are or are not a feminist really has no bearing on the story. The protagonist has an unmentioned or undescribed personality disorder that makes him unattractive to women. In the end, he resorts to violence (it seems) to exact revenge on those who have purportedly done him wrong.

He's really nothing more than a physically undesirable man with a personality disorder, wallowing in delusional self-pity. I suspect the story is a somewhat autobiographical fantasy. And a poor one at that.

No offense but this is way too long. I might have the time to read something this long if either the topic is extremely interesting to me (it isn’t) or if you or another CFC OT regular has personally written themselves. But as far as I’m aware, neither one of those are true for me.

I have the sneaking suspicion that this thread made a lot of sense to Hygro after enjoying some very good [product recently legalized].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom