[R&F] 1.0.0.317 User Interface Disappears when meeting first AI Civ

Not sure if anyone here still has that problem, but I recently stumbled upon the fix on steam. Hope it helps anyone who needs it.
upload_2020-3-13_14-54-8.png

Hi
I tried and doesn't work for me, if anyone gets another option...
Please, help

Hi Bracks72
Did you install DLC like Nubia, Australia... ?
I solved my issue disabling some of them

I am having this exact same issue and I cannot believe that after all this time and so many smart modders looking into it there was never found a definitive answer to this persistent issue. Dozens of culprits were identified but we need only one. Same for everyone. So which one is it? Fraxis DLC's? Leader icon lua file? the mods themselves? Which one of it, guys?:wallbash:

@Tigranes This is a year old thread and bug. I am pretty sure the problem was caused by a faulty installation as I explained in my 1st post.
Also, if you say that “you have the exact same issue”, does it mean that you run a super old version of the game and you have the same error in lua.log? If not, then better attach a savefile and logs, so we can actually try to take a look at your issue.

@Tigranes This is a year old thread and bug. I am pretty sure the problem was caused by a faulty installation as I explained in my 1st post.
Also, if you say that “you have the exact same issue”, does it mean that you run a super old version of the game and you have the same error in lua.log? If not, then better attach a savefile and logs, so we can actually try to take a look at your issue.

Thank you for your attention.

No, exact same issue means that mods, who do not attach themselves to the saves, load just fine when you start the game, but fail to load any time you access the save of your game. And no, I am not running super old game, just the last live build before the June 2020 update.

Graphical illustration of the problem (just an example)

Initial setup:
Spoiler Initial setup :

Now this is what happens to your very own Better Loading Screen (Cosmetic) while some other mod Three Gorges Dam (Gameplay) is still there:

Spoiler Broken Better Screen :

Needless to say, when I restart the Steam and try to load that save -- your better loading screen is gone completely (not even a placeholder for your blue arrows is there).

Now, these spoilers where just an example. In my actual game I run one hundred mods. But the story is the same. The actual save is attached. Lua log is attached as well (how come CFC bans .log files?)

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    2.8 MB · Views: 105
  • Lua.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
The OP clearly says: All mods have been disabled. I have never used mods, not even the CQUI thing. And the problem is with disappearing UI after meeting a Civ.

You report issues with mods and you say you have tens of them. I don’t see how this is “exactly the same issue”. Idk, maybe you answered in a wrong thread.

The OP clearly says: All mods have been disabled. I have never used mods, not even the CQUI thing. And the problem is with disappearing UI after meeting a Civ.

You report issues with mods and you say you have tens of them. I don’t see how this is “exactly the same issue”. Idk, maybe you answered in a wrong thread.

You are right, I am sorry. I just focused on "User Interface Disappears" part. Yes, this is a wrong thread, but the problem still exists and I have no qualms about posting it as a new thread, but since we are here already I just wanted to hear your informed opinion, please.

@Tigranes
1. You have a mod conflict. So, please do not post here anymore because this may confuse other people. This thread is about a very specific game bug.
2. You need to solve your mod conflict. If you need help then start a relevant thread in the modding section. Be prepared to disable all mods, post logs and savefile, etc. Probably noone will solve your 100-mods setup conundrum for you, but who knows.

I just ran into this issue for the first time today (UI disappears when meeting the first major AI civ) when I started a game on tiny map. The interesting thing is, everything was working fine earlier today on a small map and there have been no changes to the game nor configurations nor anything else in between. An explanation why this happens would be aces, but based on what has been written in this thread so far, I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'll try to poke around and see if I get lucky.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The advice of checking out the lua.log file earlier in this thread is a good one, indeed. I promptly found out that my problem was a case of (an outdated?) mod behaving badly. Odd, since I could've sworn that my setup hadn't changed in between the games. And rather bad luck, as I only had 7 mods installed (now 6). So I'm good for now, yay.

Last edited:
Just in case other peopl get this issue themselves (which I just did). For me, I just followed the abovementioned method like this:

1. Check the file My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Logs/Lua
2. See where the error stems from (for me ...Steam/steamapps/workshop/(....)/LeaderIcon.lua)
3. If so, go to the path indicated there and remove the file
4. Play

If 3=0, I have no idea how to solve the issue.

Top Bottom