[1.0.3.31] UI/system freezes when selecting next unit (macOS catalina)

Apple seems to be getting reports of graphic issues on the new iMacs according to the AppleInsider article Display lines on 27-inch iMac may be Radeon Pro 5700XT GPU issue .

Interesting that all the graphics of the glitch have Civ VI running when the issue occurs.

Nor does it mention MBPs are also experiencing problems as well.

^^This^^
is happening to me. I just got my new iMac up and running, but Civ VI locks-up hard around turn-26 and I have a lot of difficulty even shutting it down.

This is my setup, which is identical to what was posted in the article referenced. Am running Big Sur with a 3.6GHz 10-core Core i9 processor, 32GB of memory, and AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB graphics.

Just found this thread. Graphics have been freezing for me on Civ 6 on new 2020 iMac with 32 gigs of ram and AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT (8 gigs VRAM). I started a new game with no mods installed, yet it keeps happening. Running macOS 10.15.7. I've submitted a report to Aspyr. Not sure if my issue is that same as yours. The sound still plays, and I can click and hear responses from units, etc., but get no visual representation of what I'm doing. Can't even force quit, the image on the screen starts tearing apart.
I am having the same issue. New iMac 27 in Retina 5k 2020, 3.6GHz 10 core i9, 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB running macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1. Freezes randomly. Have to crash out of the computer entirely to regain control of the computer. Happens before 100 moves. Standard game settings as set when I chose this card in the game. Run on the Mac, not on Steam. Any help appreciated.

I am having the same issue. New iMac 27 in Retina 5k 2020, 3.6GHz 10 core i9, 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB running macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1. Freezes randomly. Have to crash out of the computer entirely to regain control of the computer. Happens before 100 moves. Standard game settings as set when I chose this card in the game. Run on the Mac, not on Steam. Any help appreciated.

I submitted an email to Aspyr w/ my game save folder as they requested. Suggest you do the same. The link to do so is above.

I will also say that the game plays fantastically on the Windoze side.

Top Bottom