1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1.3!

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by OpheliaImmortal, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Pohlmann

Pohlmann Warlord

nobody needs more than 4 hours of sleep :D

cant wait

2. scutarii

scutarii King

arent wild hamsters nightlife animals anyway:confused:

3. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

how fast are the turn times compared to FFH and WM? I'd love to give 1.3 a try, but long waiting times kill the fun :lol:

4. TiberiousKirk

TiberiousKirk Chieftain

What ever the turn time is, it can't be as bad as the Star Trek mod. In that mod I seriously spend 15-20 minutes between turns once I had most of the map revealed. RIFE V1.23, at least for me, when I got a game to work never had a huge problem with turn times. I think the most I waited was 3 minutes. 3 minutes might be a pain some times, but in comparison to the 15-20 minutes it was amazingly fast. Besides 3 minutes is just enough time to grab a cookie or two, make chocolate milk, pop in a DVD. and sit back down:).

5. KrugSmash

KrugSmash Warlord

I was kind of surprised when I heard people talking about turn times that long. Even late-game my turn times never exceed a minute, and are usually only a few seconds.

6. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

So you say Valk lives on the street? or on the forest?

7. El Yahpo

El Yahpo Chieftain

lol oops:mischief:

Yay! 1.3!

Right after it's finished uploading you should post so we know how many posts it took;)

8. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Looks like this'll be 1.3 will be released while I'm stuck in Norway. Typical.

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

sorry I dont know about the star trek mod so I wanted a comparison with what I know ;)

3 minutes is NOT enjoyable for me honestly. when it approaches one minute, it gets ugly for me.

10. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

He's the Mayor of a Little Village up the coast.

Spoiler :
    Of zombie hamsters.

11. Venir

Venir Chieftain

Guess I'll play my one game of pre-nerf Mechanos this afternoon, just so I can truly appreciate how OP they once were. I've been avoiding them to this point, just for that fact.

Although I have played a game as D'Tesh, and he's nearly as bad. At least death-immune mobs present a small speed-bumb there, though (Damned FoL Clan with Treants spawning everywhere in that game, good thing I had fireballs too!).

12. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

Play them with Wild Mana checked, and don't forget to rush Rites of Oghma. :p

13. Zai

Zai Chieftain

I get agitated when my turn times get over 5 seconds. Luckily it doesn't happen much, and only on the largest map sizes late in the game. I'd rage quit if it took more than 30 seconds.

14. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

I can't be sure how much faster the game is now, but it feels much better at least. :D

15. Mikka

Mikka Chieftain

Speaking as someone who plays on the largest mapsize, low water, and ups the number of civs (sometimes to have all but two of them in the game at once)... RiFE's turn times aren't that bad. Even in the latest era (when a large portion of the map is constantly visible to me through strategic fort placement and vassals and everyone has fifty gazillion units), I don't tend to get turn times longer then 40 or 60 seconds. Admittedly, that is bad compared to the less then a second turns I get in the early parts of the game, but it's not ridiculous. Wildmana does definitely have faster turns, but RiFE isn't really that bad. Hopefully it'll get even faster with the update.

A New Dawn's turntime's are what's killing me. I love the mod, but once I get to the Industrial Era, I'm getting three or so minute turns. =/

16. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

I'm trying to get the team to complete the last pre 1.3 blogpost so we can post it before or just as the game is being uploaded. Valkrionn will have a few hours while the upload is in progress maybe he can finish it up by then.

It will summarize much of whats new, changed or gone in 1.3.

17. Baleur

Baleur Prince

oooooohhh mmmyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooodddd :eek::eek::eek:

18. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

So, they are uploading the patch right now, no?

19. Phoenix204

Phoenix204 Chieftain

I don't think so. Haven't seen Valk say, "Do not start any new games."

20. sylvain5477

sylvain5477 Cerebrus father

Don't start any new game :)