1.3!

[to_xp]Gekko;9430979 said:
how fast are the turn times compared to FFH and WM? I'd love to give 1.3 a try, but long waiting times kill the fun :lol:

What ever the turn time is, it can't be as bad as the Star Trek mod. In that mod I seriously spend 15-20 minutes between turns once I had most of the map revealed. RIFE V1.23, at least for me, when I got a game to work never had a huge problem with turn times. I think the most I waited was 3 minutes. 3 minutes might be a pain some times, but in comparison to the 15-20 minutes it was amazingly fast. Besides 3 minutes is just enough time to grab a cookie or two, make chocolate milk, pop in a DVD. and sit back down:).

I was kind of surprised when I heard people talking about turn times that long. Even late-game my turn times never exceed a minute, and are usually only a few seconds.

Sure it was. "I am testing the Archos changes now."

:p

edit: Archos test is done. Working through the rest of the list now. However, do not expect it anytime soon; It takes many hours to upload fully. Just the way it is.

lol oops:mischief:

Yay! 1.3!

Right after it's finished uploading you should post so we know how many posts it took;)

Looks like this'll be 1.3 will be released while I'm stuck in Norway. Typical.

What ever the turn time is, it can't be as bad as the Star Trek mod. In that mod I seriously spend 15-20 minutes between turns once I had most of the map revealed. RIFE V1.23, at least for me, when I got a game to work never had a huge problem with turn times. I think the most I waited was 3 minutes. 3 minutes might be a pain some times, but in comparison to the 15-20 minutes it was amazingly fast. Besides 3 minutes is just enough time to grab a cookie or two, make chocolate milk, pop in a DVD. and sit back down:).

sorry I dont know about the star trek mod so I wanted a comparison with what I know ;)

3 minutes is NOT enjoyable for me honestly. when it approaches one minute, it gets ugly for me.

Guess I'll play my one game of pre-nerf Mechanos this afternoon, just so I can truly appreciate how OP they once were. I've been avoiding them to this point, just for that fact.

Although I have played a game as D'Tesh, and he's nearly as bad. At least death-immune mobs present a small speed-bumb there, though (Damned FoL Clan with Treants spawning everywhere in that game, good thing I had fireballs too!).

Guess I'll play my one game of pre-nerf Mechanos this afternoon, just so I can truly appreciate how OP they once were. I've been avoiding them to this point, just for that fact.

Although I have played a game as D'Tesh, and he's nearly as bad. At least death-immune mobs present a small speed-bumb there, though (Damned FoL Clan with Treants spawning everywhere in that game, good thing I had fireballs too!).

Play them with Wild Mana checked, and don't forget to rush Rites of Oghma. :p

I was kind of surprised when I heard people talking about turn times that long. Even late-game my turn times never exceed a minute, and are usually only a few seconds.

I get agitated when my turn times get over 5 seconds. Luckily it doesn't happen much, and only on the largest map sizes late in the game. I'd rage quit if it took more than 30 seconds.

I can't be sure how much faster the game is now, but it feels much better at least. :D

Speaking as someone who plays on the largest mapsize, low water, and ups the number of civs (sometimes to have all but two of them in the game at once)... RiFE's turn times aren't that bad. Even in the latest era (when a large portion of the map is constantly visible to me through strategic fort placement and vassals and everyone has fifty gazillion units), I don't tend to get turn times longer then 40 or 60 seconds. Admittedly, that is bad compared to the less then a second turns I get in the early parts of the game, but it's not ridiculous. Wildmana does definitely have faster turns, but RiFE isn't really that bad. Hopefully it'll get even faster with the update.

A New Dawn's turntime's are what's killing me. I love the mod, but once I get to the Industrial Era, I'm getting three or so minute turns. =/

I'm trying to get the team to complete the last pre 1.3 blogpost so we can post it before or just as the game is being uploaded. Valkrionn will have a few hours while the upload is in progress maybe he can finish it up by then.

It will summarize much of whats new, changed or gone in 1.3.

Top Bottom