1.52 Patch Available

Graun said:
I had tried even did a reinstall nothing changed!

very annoying!

If this is the prize to pay for able to mod the game hmmm...I'm not sure i want the mod support!:(

Graun, when you say you tried to reinstall do you mean the entire game or just the patch?

low said:
Anyone else having problems with modifications not working in the Custom Assets folder? It's as if the game isn't reading the modded files in my "My documents" folders anymore. I just tested this out with a fresh reinstall too. All I did was copy over the bonuses file, changed cows to be revealed by Animal Husbandry, yet I can still see them when I first start a game without having the tech. :confused: Something strange is going on here.

EDIT: Nevermind. The moron behind the keyboard didn't realize "no cheating" was checked. Sorry for the brain cramp.

GenericKen said:
Previously a damaged unit would have weaker combat stats in addition to requiring fewer hits to kill, making wounded units ridiculously weak. Now, it just requires fewer hits to kill.

To be more specific
as I understand it it is "only" the damage a damaged unit causes which is now based on max strenght.

Normally the combat algorithm would compare the strength of attacker and defender at the beginning of a combat for two calculations:
1. What´s the probability for attacker and defender to win a combat turn (i.e. to cause damage)
2. How much damage gets the unit which looses the turn.

Before any patch for damaged units both calculations would be based on the reduced strength of the damaged unit.
Now, after the patch 1. ist still calculated on the reduced strength, but 2. is based on the max (i.e. undamaged) strength of the unit.

So now if an undamaged unit fights a wounded unit, it would have higher chances to win a turn (i.e. cause damage) than against an undamaged unit of the same type. But if it looses the turn it would get6 the same amount of damage as if it would fight an undamaged unit.

At least this is how I understand it.

wow this patch is nice it makes the movies real smooth and i was able to play a large map finally .. also it added soem intresting new features such as a link to things in the civipedia .. anyhow i liek this patch although the blue marble thingy is not compatable top it i am sure they will update that too

Reignking said:
I've got an old 866 mhz and I play it just fine...
Well, tad bit late on the reply, bu i have a 876mhz xeon, 2 actually but its my video card that i find to be a problem...Nvidia GeForce MX 4000, not that great...

i didn't download the last patch because I heard a lot of complaints against it. Will this patch include everything in that patch? Or do I need to go ahead and download that one too?

Yep, spent a bit of time playing the new MARATHON session and-after almost an hour-I was still not up to 3000BC. The game really does seem to run beautifully on my computer-even though it ran pretty darned well before. The MP lobby looks a LOT easier to navigate-though I still have to wait and see if we get the MP lag we had with 1.09! The best part though, IMHO, is the new and improved Civilopedia. It is much, MUCH better organised and intelligent, with plenty of hyperlinks to take you between related pieces of information. Why they got rid of this in the first place is the true mystery surrounding Civ4 ;). Anyway, overall, I feel 1.52 has made a GREAT game almost perfect for me.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Anyone know of this patch will work with Direct 2 Drive? Or are we going to have to wait for d2d to put out this patch?

TheJediMaster said:
Anyone know of this patch will work with Direct 2 Drive? Or are we going to have to wait for d2d to put out this patch?
You will need to wait for the D2D version of the patch, unfortunately.

I'm sorry if this has been said before, but I really don't have time right now to plow through 17 pages to find the info I need.

Ever since I installed the patch, I can't see the interface once I'm playing! The main menu and the other ones are just fine, but when I load/start a game, I can see the map and all but not the UI (when I enter a city, the view gets top-down as usual, but only the white circles indicating a functional square and what each produces is shown, and not the menus on the side nor bottom).

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem. There must be a hotkey to switch on the interface somewhere... :sad:

EDIT: I've tried both ALT-I and CTRL-I. None of them worked...

Anyone else see the lines in the readme where it says they've increased tech costs in the endgame? That was badly needed IMO.

I re-posted this in the Bug Report thread. Please ignore here

I installed the patch and now get an error message when I click the icon: "The parameter is incorrect". When I go to the directory where the program is stored and click on civ.exe I get the same message.

I previously ran version 1.09 without any difficulty. I have the Blue Marble graphics program installed. It caused no problem in 1.09. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this??

My computer is a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 with 512MB of memory and a 256 MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro graphics card.

Riggler said:
Having the same problem.

Count me in too. Having the same problem.

Specs:
Compaq Presario R3000 (laptop)
NVIDIA 440 MX 64 mb
512 mb RAM
Windows XP Pro

Versions 1.09 ran okay on this laptop, so I might just go back to that if my attempts at reinstalling the game + patch doesn't help.

When I try to run the patch in-game it fails, won't even start. I downloaded it manually and do get a CRC error when I tried to run it, though it does let me ignore the error. That may very well be the problem, however, so I'll try to download it again from another source.

It runs fine save for the lack of an interface in-game, even in the city screen.

I was unable to run the patch that I downloaded from this site (see post above). I then went to the Take2 site in Germany and downloaded their patch. It installed and runs fine. I do not have a problem running a 1.09 game.

zagnut said:
I was unable to run the patch that I downloaded from this site (see post above). I then went to the Take2 site in Germany and downloaded their patch. It installed and runs fine. I do not have a problem running a 1.09 game.

Yes, I did the exact same thing. The file I downloaded from Civfanatics gave me the CRC error (of course the download may have had a problem, rather than the file itself...), and apparently caused me to be without an interface in-game.

Downloading the patch from the Take2 Germany site also fixed my problem.

That would've been shorter had I just said, "ditto".

Top Bottom