• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

1.9 Beta Feedback

We'll probably still need strat text for techs though?

I don't think so. In vanilla, can you see strat text for techs anywhere? The Sid's Tips text only shows up when your city has an empty production queue and you hover the mouse over the units/buildings in the popup that comes on the main screen. It is not visible when you hover over units/buildings anywhere else, as far as I can tell. The tech pedia screen does not have a spot for strat text, and there isn't a Sid's Tips entry for hover text in the F6 tech chooser screen either.

In vanilla, can you see strat text for techs anywhere?
No idea. I just assumed we did because your previous spreadsheet had techs on it (and I added strat text for some). If not, great.

@ Deliverator - Removing Scriptable Leader Traits fixed the CTD. Did you somehow forget related code that should have been added to one (CvPlayerAI?) of the source files? The code I removed (on its own) SHOULD have worked UNLESS code somewhere else was missing. I can post the cpp file if you want, but it only took ~5 minutes to comment out the relevant code.

EDIT: and the single line in the header file.

@ Deliverator - Removing Scriptable Leader Traits fixed the CTD. Did you somehow forget related code that should have been added to one (CvPlayerAI?) of the source files? The code I removed (on its own) SHOULD have worked UNLESS code somewhere else was missing. I can post the cpp file if you want, but it only took ~5 minutes to comment out the relevant code.

EDIT: and the single line in the header file.

:) We got there at about the same time. I've bought a shiny new Windows 7 laptop and I've just confirmed the same thing.

I merged Scriptable Leader Traits from FFH2. I'm looking over the original version by the Lopez to see if there's anything obvious missing. The weird thing is I tested the Abomination trait in XP and everything seemed to work fine. If I can't fix the issue soon I'll just make a patch with Alia's Abomination trait taken out - it's a minor feature anyway compared to the new Espionage, etc.

Congrats guys! Great job.
Jester, you have been fantastically helpful on this once more, thanks for helping out.

:) We got there at about the same time. I've bought a shiny new Windows 7 laptop and I've just confirmed the same thing.

Getting a new laptop just so that you can debug a mod. Now that's dedication! :D

Here is Patch 3 for 1.9 Beta I. It's just a zip file patch to be unzipped over 1.9 Beta I.

+ Includes everything from Patches 1 and 2.

+ The only additional change is to make 1.9 Beta I work in Vista and Windows 7. (The issue boiled down to a few lines in CvPlayer.cpp that needed to be changed around.)

Edit: This has been superseded by patch 4.

Have fun and let the feedback roll...

The original code is for patch 1.61. I would pull the code from the current version of FfH because it definitely works under Vista in that mod.

Jester, you have been fantastically helpful on this once more, thanks for helping out.

Yes, thanks a lot JF for the helping help. :goodjob:

Getting a new laptop just so that you can debug a mod. Now that's dedication!

:) Well, I was thinking about it anyway. This was good excuse. It does I can test future changes for Vista/Windows 7 compatibility BEFORE releasing them next time which is a good thing.

The original code is for patch 1.61. I would pull the code from the current version of FfH because it definitely works under Vista in that mod.

Yeah, I went back over the FFH2 code with a fine tooth comb and realised a few things were in the wrong place. All fixed now - see above patch.

Here is Patch 3 for 1.9 Beta I. It's just a zip file patch to be unzipped over 1.9 Beta I.

Have fun and let the feedback roll...

Perfect timing. Just as I finished my 1.8 campaign and I was itching to see all those shiny new changes on 1.9 with my Win7 machine :)

Alia Abomination trait working nicely in Windows 7 (needs a more appropriate picture for the pop-up though)

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 197
I don't think so. In vanilla, can you see strat text for techs anywhere? The Sid's Tips text only shows up when your city has an empty production queue and you hover the mouse over the units/buildings in the popup that comes on the main screen. It is not visible when you hover over units/buildings anywhere else, as far as I can tell. The tech pedia screen does not have a spot for strat text, and there isn't a Sid's Tips entry for hover text in the F6 tech chooser screen either.

Just noticed that techs *do* have Sid's Tips when you get the "What would you like to research next?" popup.

The Desert Plantation tech has the text "he moved one of the rocks" twice.

Edit: I just asked a Bene Gesserit what she would want in return for a sisterhood covenant resource, and she suggested I just take it and give nothing in return. I've never had that happen before in any Civ game :)

I guess we do need strategies for all the techs then.
Ok.
David is it trivial for you to pull those out, and merge in the tech strats I had in the first Excel file I had?
Then I can add strat text for the rest of the techs.

Its probably easier than me doing it manually, since many techs might have weird xml names (remnants of old versions since renamed).

Edit: I just asked a Bene Gesserit what she would want in return for a sisterhood covenant resource, and she suggested I just take it and give nothing in return. I've never had that happen before in any Civ game
Thats actually kinda clever, since the resource is useless now.... or should be anyway.

*edit*
Oh, also: it works now. Yay!

Got a repeatable crash. Go 2 turns forward from this save (enter, enter, no choices to make) and it does a CTD.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AG-10583.CivBeyondSwordSave
    365.6 KB · Views: 85
Seems mostly to be working fine for me, no crashes so far.

However, playing as Bene Gesserit, I seem to be getting a free priest GPP point from somewhere.
Screenshot says its from a military HQ, though I have no military HQ built.
I didn't notice until I got an extra great prophet (not the one from founding religion - which I got too). I took this screenshot just after settling him - hence why I'm 300 turns and 0/300 GPPs.

Spoiler :

I'm really likeing the Waterstealer unit, it spices up the early game quite a bit.

What is the difference between the "Seduce Leader" and "Political Marriage" missions? What does the former do?

Top Bottom