2 UU/UB per civ, "unique abilities"

"Manifest Destiny"
Maybe more effective at using culture or gold to acquire land? Half price land purchase from gold? (Louisiana Purchase, Alaska, expansionism)

If its anything even remotely like that I hope that the social policies are tied into the tech tree in some way; otherwise every game with America is going to be them simply grabbing every hex in sight :lol:

One of the things that Civ Rev did... sort of well (they had a few abilities that were like that... although because each civ had 4 Ablities, there were a number of duplicates, and some weren't That good... but many were).. different,flavorful, and powerful.. definitely changing how you played.

No, that wouldn't be good, reallly really cool civ bonus, would belittle the other unique stuff and make civ choosing all about that one ability.

For example bizmark in civ rev, had the free unit promotions, when you look for other civs, you'd only compare that ability not the uu's and other stuff.

I definitely agree with Ahriman -- I think Manifest Destiny will make acquiring land easier. I think hexes will be cheaper for America than other civilizations. It would fit well historically with the United States and what Manifest Destiny was (except instead of land being cheaper, they just took it from the Indians).

Has anyone noticed that on the official site, Russia's unique ability is now "Siberian Riches"? Also, their unique building is now "Krepost".

(except instead of land being cheaper, they just took it from the Indians).
Hey, that's not fair. They took it from the Spanish, too. ;-)

[And bought it from the French and Russians.]

Well, we do know what the Great Warpath is, I think it should be in the original post.

The Great Warpath means that any unit travels through forests as if they were normal tiles like grassland...See the Youtube video posted in the current last page of the policies topic.

And we also know what Rome's thingy does, it builds buildings 25% faster...If I've read the text of the previously mentioned video correctly. Seems overpowered.

Has anyone noticed that on the official site, Russia's unique ability is now "Siberian Riches"? Also, their unique building is now "Krepost".

Yep, was just about to post about it but edcided to check if anyone else noticed first.
Krepost is Russian for fortress, so maybe they just renamed the building and the ability or changed it.
Anyway, siberian riches sounds a bit more specific than mother russia. Maybe the russians will start out with extra resources, or they'll be able to build more units from each source of strategic resources.

Well, we do know what the Great Warpath is, I think it should be in the original post.

The Great Warpath means that any unit travels through forests as if they were normal tiles like grassland...See the Youtube video posted in the current last page of the policies topic.

And we also know what Rome's thingy does, it builds buildings 25% faster...If I've read the text of the previously mentioned video correctly. Seems overpowered.

Im 73% sure it said 20%, but its hard to be completley sure coz it twas a little blurred.

Youtube vid got take down before I could see it...:sad:
Hopefully the file will reappear somewhere.
I think I read somewhere on this forum Rome's ability is that all buildings that are already present in the capital will be built 25% in all other cities. Sounds actually really cool and fitting for the romans since you'll want to have as many buildings in your capital as possible. Glory of Rome indeed.

Youtube vid got take down before I could see it...:sad:
Hopefully the file will reappear somewhere.
I think I read somewhere on this forum Rome's ability is that all buildings that are already present in the capital will be built 25% in all other cities. Sounds actually really cool and fitting for the romans since you'll want to have as many buildings in your capital as possible. Glory of Rome indeed.

I didnt even notice he wrote that.

Yes rome glory abiltiy said - (I wrote it down) 20% (little picture of hammer in orange circle) bonus in production of buildings that are in the (White Star) Capital.

Anybody here thinks the Greek civilization is a little funny? It is the Greek civilization but the leader is Macedonian, the first unit is Greek(Hoplite) but the second is Macedonian(Companion Cavalry). This means it can't be Alexander's Greece beacause he would use Phalangists not Hoplites! It doesn't bother me and I hope they don't change it because Hoplites look cooler the Phalangists.

Anyway, I have a pretty good idea how the Hoplite works, it will probably recieve a large combat bonus to any unit that is in front of it. However if flanked, it will probably suffer a large combat penalty.

Oh, so that's what the white star was. And yes, it probably is 20%. Still, it is a good abbility.

Oh yes far better than the iroqouis. basically 1/5 faster buildspeed. Ill take that.

Chopping down the threes will make the iroqouis cry.

Oh yes far better than the iroqouis. basically 1/5 faster buildspeed. Ill take that.

Chopping down the threes will make the iroqouis cry.

In the long run yes, but it looks like the Iroquois will also have a warrior UU. I tlooks like they're going to be the best rushers and in the game.

In the long run yes, but it looks like the Iroquois will also have a warrior UU. I tlooks like they're going to be the best rushers and in the game.

what because thier warrior is a UU (possibly), remember incans warrior UU in civ 4. Wasn't that good.

what because thier warrior is a UU (possibly), remember incans warrior UU in civ 4. Wasn't that good.

If you're not the rushing type they were useless, but they were good for early conquests (except against Mali and Babylon). They were almost as good as Chariots against Archers, slower and without chance to retreat, but cheaper and with access to city raider promotions. If the Iroquois have something similar than the early mobility can be a significant advantage, you'll just have to exploit it before bronze working becomes common knowledge.

Top Bottom