2000 Bug, game doesnt run...

Donkey

Chieftain
Hello,
Im running on 2000. PIII 1gHz 256 MB ram diamond stealth III video card Plenty of drive space. When I start up the game the splash screen shows up then it goes to the black screen of death, however I do hear (dont see anything) about 2 seconds of the intro movie.

Updated all my drivers, including the monitor.
reinstalled
ran the directx 8.0a diag tool, and passed all the test
got rid of everything from automatically starting up
tested it on all sorts of different resolutions and freq
moved over that b(something).dll like it said to on the infogrames site.

Any ideas? thanks.

just read sk0tie's tip to delete the intro.bik from the art/movies dir and it works fine now.

>delete the intro.bik from the art/movies dir and it works fine now.

I have similar problems but this didnt solve it :-(

HW:
- NVidia TNT2 64, with latest detonator drivers 21.83
- W2k + SP2
- DirectX 8.0a and 8.1 tested
- MB = Asus K7V (http://www.k7v.com )

Please let me know if someone knows how to fix this startup problem (Game will start (including music) but screen stays BLACK)

I agree, problem not solved!

First I had 2 blackscreens, the first one I could skip by clicking and pressing escape, the second was the dead end.

Without the intro.bik file I don't see the first one and I go straight away to black screen two, which doesn't really improve the situation.

Also, I found no way up to now to return to desktop. Alt-tab is not working, task manager doesn't pop up (or I can't see it). I always have to reset.

Guys, I would say your video cards are the problem. A Diamond Stealth and a TNT2 a very old video cards and probably can't handle the game. You can pick up a brand new Geoforce 2 MX with 64 megs RAM for under $100. I'd bet that would fix your problem in a minute.

Good luck.

Top Bottom