2008-2009 Mlb offseason

cubsfan6506

Got u
Where will Peavt end up going?

Probably to your guys, of course his arm problems will start shortly thereafter.

Not just his army probaly his leg's and back to.

He'll probably get a staph infection too.

Then we'll be back to having two guys that could be aces that are always going to be hurt. Then comes a couple years of mediocrity or just plain sucking. Our left fielder will start getting older and his numbers will drop, although he won't want to move down in the lineup. Culminating when we finally deicde to start playing our rookies that are actually good, instead of journeyman replacements. Then we'll take our closer, probably marmol, turn him back into a starter, and let one of the break down babies close for us while the other fades into obscurity. Through all of this though, wrigley field will sell out every game, ticket prices will rise, our first round picks will suck, and when we finally are good again we'll get swept out of the first round of the playoffs.

I find that move very peculiar. It really goes agianst Billy Bean's philosophy of money ball. Also if they were planning on makeing a run on the division this year why did they trade Hardin.

On another not poor Matt Murton Star left fielderes follow him wherever he goes.

I don't get the A's trade.

I'm thinking they will trade him before the deadline next year for a
bundle of talent... then maybe he will sign long term for that team. :scan:

Love for him to be on the Phillies, I just don't want the Phils to give up
their catching prospect, that dude should be good.

I'm thinking they will trade him before the deadline next year for a
bundle of talent... then maybe he will sign long term for that team. :scan:

Love for him to be on the Phillies, I just don't want the Phils to give up
their catching prospect, that dude should be good.

Yeah, thats really the only way I can see this making sense. As an Indians fan, I'd love to have him too (and I think we have enough prospects to make it interesting), but he'll prob. end up as a Met or something.

But what if they can't unload him? Surely, Matt Holiday isn't enough to get the A's anywhere close to striking distance in the AL West, and now they don't have Street!

Street had already lost his closer position, maybe he can regain it with the
Rockies... especially if they lose theirs this off-season.

I figured Holliday would end up with the nats the same way soriano did. Maybe getting olson was the piece oakland needed to make the trade with washington? How can pinella be on the way to manager of the year when he got the best team, record wise, in the national league swept in the first round? I know it wasn't all his fault, but it was some his fault.

holliday gets dealt to the a's for a package of major league ready prospects...no, make that RP street, OF C Gonzales, and SP Smith.

i wonder if he's gonna sign there long-term?

Holliday's agent is Scott Boras.

That should tell you all you need to know.

But what if they can't unload him? Surely, Matt Holiday isn't enough to get the A's anywhere close to striking distance in the AL West, and now they don't have Street!

Well, to be fair, Street was now expendable because he had been supplanted as closer by the new kid, Brad Ziegler, he of the New Record For Consecutive Scoreless Innings To Start A Career.

Really, I think the main reason the A's/Beane made this trade is they felt they had to try and rebuild some good will with a fanbase that isn't just discouraged by the firesale of Blanton, Harden, etc last year, but is pissed off/ready to give up about it. They needed to bring somebody IN as opposed to just continuing to send people out. Of course, how much this will help when everyone knows Holliday will be in Oakland for one season at most (and probably traded at the deadline for "prospects" as per usual), who knows.

Big Congratulations to Tim Lincecum for getting the Cy Young. :goodjob:

Congrats to the cubs for landing premium closer Kevin Gregg. Trades with the marlins always work out oh so well for us. I guess instead of getting a pitcher with an extra finger from them we got a pitcher with an extra G on his name.

To bad Kerry Wood was a class act, although I do doughbt that the cubs could justify it to their fan's to keep Marmol from being closer for wood.

When do the MVP awards go out? Any guesses as to who's going to win?

Cliff Lee Cy Young winner what what?

Back to Back for the Tribe. Now all we need are a bunch of wins to go with it!

I'm hoping to get Casey Blake back this offseason, and I suspect we'll be in the market for a stud closer.

Top Bottom