2014 MLB Season

Dang, he has alot of movement in his swing... except for moving the bat to the ball.

The same way the Mariners get their asses beaten by such luminaries as Wei-Yin Chen and Hector Noesi, I assume.

hey MLB can we PLEASE carry over some of these runs from the Pirates series to the next one? Please? :(

Aaron Harang had an RBI, we batted around in the 5th, 11-2 right now with Harang going for the CG and giving the bullpen a rest which is pretty damn rare for this team

of course as soon as I hit post they have to pull him for David Hale

"Darkest day in Baseball"? Bleh, hyperbole.

Rose comes over strongly as someone with mental frailties, or an illness, quite possibly addicted to gambling. I'm not condoning his actions, but if anyone out there believes he is the only modern sportsperson to have bet on a game where he had some involvement, then they are simply naive. Rose is a severe disappointment, for sure, someone who should have been a hero and instead is just typical of the weaknesses that so many of us have. He's being punished. To suggest his wrongs are worse than anyone else ever involved with any sport is ridiculous.

PS Jake LaMotta, IBF's Robert Lee, Jack Tatum, Andres Escobar, Michel Vautrot, Hansie Cronje, the 2011 Sumo scandal - these are a few random yardsticks for you to judge Rose's offences against.

Rose should eventually go into the Hall IMHO.

If I had to choose between Rose/Shoeless Joe and Bonds/Clemens, I'd take the latter. But I think they should all be let in.

Yeah... a pre-roid bust and a post-roid bust would tell the tale. No need for an asterisk or anything.

Baseball is too hung up on portraying itself as this clean bastion of honor and sportsmanship and integrity. When it is about as corrupt a major pro sports franchise as all of the others (looking at you, NFL.) That MLB wants us to believe they knew nothing about rampant steroid abuse that went on for at least two decades and totally changed the game is totally absurd.

Have you ever taken a look at your fantasy baseball squad from, say, 2004? 2003? Take a look and compare the HR and AVG numbers to your fantasy squad now. Compare the ERA's. It is crazy.

Oh FFS, Mariners, how can you not score any runs off a dude who entered the game with an ERA of almost 7.50????? :gripe:

So apparently we tried to trade BJ Upton to the Cubs for Edwin Jackson. I guess one man's trash is another man's...trash. I dunno what we'd need with Jackson anyway.

Then again Roger McDowell turned 36 year old Aaron Harang into a solid starter and got then 36-year old Freddy Garcia to look solid in a playoff game against LA so maybe he's just a wizard

BI-MONTHLY ASTROS ALERT

Jose Altuve has 194 hits (MLB best), 50 steals (AL best), a .340 batting average (MLB best) and 57 multi-hit games (MLB best).

We have an actual pretty-good-even-in-comparison-to-other-MLB-players player!

Will the M's please stop letting Kendrys "GIDP" Morales hit 4th? Then maybe we could actually beat the effing Astros on occasion...

Stanton...dude...I get it, stand in there, get the free base...but when it's comin' straight for your head you gotta duck.

Ugliest scene in a baseball game in a long while.

Get well soon and best wishes to his family.

Can we say with a reasonable degree of certainty now that the Yankees will not be making the playoffs?

Top Bottom