2nd European Pitboss game !

Hmmm, made my turn about 15 mins ago, but now can't connect to the game anymore. Someone is propably in the game. In the previous sessions it was possible to connect via Gamespy, but it seems to need v1.61 now. Should we try to play the rest of the game with v1.61?

I'm back, but I can't get into the game again. Is it down? (This is Direct IP connection because using Gamespy now requires 1.61)

dribnairb said:
I'm back, but I can't get into the game again. Is it down? (This is Direct IP connection because using Gamespy now requires 1.61)

The game is in Directplay mode now , and stemil is in !
If you want I can restart the PB in Gspy mode and you can still connect with 5.12 and directplay i think

hmmm i cant start the PB too in Gspy mode .. need the patch
I can isntall it but many have admin password issues (cause before there where no passwords and no there is admin password)

I think we'll have to stick with directplay unless we all upgrade (and like you say that seems to cause other problems). That should work since we did all get in before (and i haven't changed any firewall settings). I'll just keep retrying until I can get in :)

dribnairb said:
I think we'll have to stick with directplay unless we all upgrade (and like you say that seems to cause other problems). That should work since we did all get in before (and i haven't changed any firewall settings). I'll just keep retrying until I can get in :)

With directplay you cannot all get in simultaneously , thats the problem !
I now updated to 1.61 but now it wants an admin password... i am searching for work-around ... if i cant found any then i will degrade to 5.12 and start the game in Directplay .... you cant all join at the same time but this is the only option i can choose

I thought we all had got in using directplay before? Alternatively, if you send me the save I'll host it because I'm sure we all connected with DirectPlay when I hosted.

dribnairb said:
I thought we all had got in using directplay before? Alternatively, if you send me the save I'll host it because I'm sure we all connected with DirectPlay when I hosted.

Ofcourse i didn't thought of that :goodjob:

and if you can change the admin password , then i will be able to laod it with 1.61

I'm hosting the game now on my IP in directplay mode. This probably means it's only going to work with 1.52 but that should be ok for this session.

You should have my IP in your email from before. There's no port though, just enter the IP and use the default port.

Congratulations to Stemil who has been declared the winner after a unanimous vote between the 3 remaining human players. Although Dandridge was much more powerful according to the statistics, Stemil was significantly further ahead in research and gold and would clearly be able to fend off any sea-based attack Dan could produce in the foreseeable future.

I, on the other hand, am just happy to still be alive after a second failed attempt to take just one of Dan's cities

It's been a good game, but like last time we found the game started to get a bit bogged down towards the end with turns taking longer and, for me at least, no obvious way of continuing. For me it became the sort of game I'd normally give up on in single player.

My suggestion for any future game would be to host a duel sized map with a large number of players (human preferably). If anyone wants to give up the ai can take over or the civ can be offered to a new human player (or a player who has already been destroyed). I would think this would lead to each civ owning only 2-3 cities which should make for a quicker and more intense game. I'll leave this suggestion as food-for-thought, although perhaps we should begin a new thread for the discussion of a new game

Thank you, thank you.

I really like the idea of playing on a duel sized map. The micromanaging was getting ridiculous towards the end of this game. I even set my workers on automate, which I usually never do.

The smaller the map, the more fun the game is. Especially in multiplayer. I'll have to see if I have time for a new game..

Congratulations Stemil:king:

Had nice fights there against Drib. The problem with our last war was that there were absolutely too many troops on both sides. Fighting took too much time. As I understood it Stemil was feeding troops to Drib. I was quite well prepared to it and could handle it easily by softening them with Cho-Kos and Catapults. In addition to that I made a golden age with Taj Mahal and could feed even more troops after that.

The map was probably too large for an online MP game, but the game speed was good. The troops didn't obsolete as quickly as in the 1st game.

I definitely agree about the game speed. Quick obsoletes units far too quickly. I suspect on a tiny map we could get away with Epic speed (my preferred speed for SP) although Normal is probably the most sensible for online MP games

Small map, slow game speed. Sounds great. If I had three wishes, I'd use the last one for more players :) I think it would be best to try and find a few more players who we can trust. The problem with few players is that.. well.. once one or two are wiped out, the game isn't that much fun anymore.

I might be a bit short on time in the near future, but if we keep playing one or two sessions a week, it shouldn't be a problem.

About the last game: It's funny how small things can change the whole game. If buldo hadn't left his one town defenceless, and if I hadn't guessed it, the game would've been totally different. I would probably have kept banging my head on buldo's defences.. sure I might have taken a city or two before he got his unit production up and going, but I could never have taken out his whole nation. As it is, my knight strike force managed to get through and raize the cities further behind the boders where there were few or no units defending, thus wrecking his production machinery.

I now realise that i made some crucial mistakes

1.)consecrating on non-military technology (I was 3 turns away from Liberalism when Stemil defeated me) ... how can i stop 11+ knight with 3 pikemen ?
2.)I expected him attacking from north (where my capital was), his move really caught with me with my pants down

I agree 100% that the speed is optimal , not too fast (the units are obsolete almost every 10turns) or not too slow (taking weeks to complete)....
It bothered me how much units were produce too , seems smaller maps should do the trick

Top Bottom